Missed abortion (miscarriage)

cailing

Went to see my gynae yesterday to do my second ultrasound. I was supposed to be 8 weeks pregnant but gynae found that the baby growth was at 7 weeks and the gynae can no longer detect the heartbeat. When baby was week 6, there was a heartbeat but now it's gone. Opted for a blood test to confirm HCG levels. Waiting to go for the second blood test tomorrow. It's likely a missed abortion. Gynae said he would want me to do a DC if it's confirmed to be a missed abortion.

This is my first pregnancy and I dont't know what to expect or what to do. What a DC and is there anything I can do to recover from it? Been crying all night and somehow just felt that there really is no hope. I noticed lately I am no longer experiencing any of the pregnancy symptons. My appetite is back, no more nausea and not as tired.

Feeling really lost and not sure what to do to heal myself from this. My body has yet to miscarriage naturally. Anyone who had a similiar experience, could you share with me your experience. I am sorry if opening up once more about it brings back sad memories. Very sorry. I just wanna prepare myself mentally for what's to come and would like yo move on from here and try conceiving a child again.

Hi Cailing,

I had a miscarriage last June when my baby was about 6 weeks old. I had discharge blood with clots in it. It wasn't painful though but I experienced an infection thereafter. My bleeding and discharge continued for about 2 months which made me feel scared at that time due to the abnormalities happening in my body. I didn't need to undergo DC because I had a complete abortion- they call it chemical pregnancy.

Sarah