My BAby refuses bottle

budgetmoms

He's 9.5mths already but I still nurse him directly cos he cannot drink from bottle/teats. Does that mean he'll never drink from bottle? I end up become SAHM cos can't leave him alone. It's my mistake also for not training him since infant. I started training when he was bout 4mth but he knew the diff already. When I give him bottle now, he'll play with it instead. Should I just give up?........sigh....:embarrassed:

Ting

dont give up..well, he'll get used to it..if he's hubgry, he'll just drink.

simone

Hi,

my boy's 4mths now. when i tried to introduce the bottle (Avent) to him at around 3 mths, he also rejected it ... rather violently somemore. He simply refused to drink. Then we tried a few other brands of bottle and finally he took to the NUK premium bottles. I think it resembles the human teat more. Maybe you can try that. Some of my friends also recommend the Pigeon wide neck bottle.

All the best! :Dancing_wub:

simone

LoVeS

Hi,

my boy's 4mths now. when i tried to introduce the bottle (Avent) to him at around 3 mths, he also rejected it ... rather violently somemore. He simply refused to drink. Then we tried a few other brands of bottle and finally he took to the NUK premium bottles. I think it resembles the human teat more. Maybe you can try that. Some of my friends also recommend the Pigeon wide neck bottle.

All the best! :Dancing_wub:

simone
Ya i agree try change other brands bottle n try. my ds try avent aso dun wan n scream. We then change to pigeon n he is ok le:tlaugh:

budgetmoms

I've tried Avent, Nuk and Pigeon but they don't seem to work. He cried with AVent & Nuk. He doesn't seem to mind Pigeon but he'll just play and bite it. He'll only manage to drink 20ml after 15-20min playing. In the end I have to throw away my precious BM. Thinking of just letting him sip from the sippy cup and skip the bottle.....how???

Ting

well i think he is big enuf to le ba...so y don let him try? not necessary must use bottle to feed ma...as long he's drinking n is happy then good enuf..:)

Ralia

NUK teats is e most similar to the breast teats which was told by a nurse tat was in Mt A when my DS had very bad Jaundice when he was young.. But since birth i gave my DS Avent teats... He is still using so far... Yet so gd... So guess gt to introduce since birth de.. I nv lyk to change things for him.. coz i scare he will haf a hard tym adapting...

Pink daisy

I've tried Avent, Nuk and Pigeon but they don't seem to work. He cried with AVent & Nuk. He doesn't seem to mind Pigeon but he'll just play and bite it. He'll only manage to drink 20ml after 15-20min playing. In the end I have to throw away my precious BM. Thinking of just letting him sip from the sippy cup and skip the bottle.....how???
how's your ds progress? I used Farlin ortho teats, mine is latch-on most of time but occassionally I gave him EBM using the farlin orthodentic teats when am away. So far so good, however my bb can differentiate b/w EBM and FM, coz when nanny feed him FM using the teats he drinks a little only

lulu_booboo

a very familar problem!
i went through this myself with Boo...
she has been bf from birth and then when i tried to introduce bottle when she was 4 mths old, she simply refused to take it... no matter what sort of bottles and trust me, i think i bought all the bottles there are on the market... i tried feeding her, my hubby did, my parents as well... she refused all... i was at wits end 'coz i was going back to work and din know what todo... in the end, i introduced her to sippy cup... at first she din know how to sip, but suddenly one day, she just got it and she drank her milk from the cup from then!!

so she din use bottles at all and went from breast to cup and she could drink from open cup by time she was 1 yr old on her own 'coz she's so used to using cups!

so my advice... don't worry, if your bb don't want to take the bottle, use cup! works out better in the end...