Nanny or Maid?? Which one you prefer??

Hi Mummies,

I would like to take your advice. Currently my son is about 13mth+, and my 2nd baby will come out on this Oct. I am thinking to hire a maid now or put my son in nanny house (cause recently my nanny she dont want take care my son anymore, so I have to find another nanny for my son).

I found nanny now only work for money and they like to bring baby go out. I feel trouble about the nanny or maid.
Any mummies can give me advice?
Thanks you so much.

CherylTan

I would rather take care of the baby myself because i really cant trust the way outsiders take care of babies. But if i were to choose between either maid or nanny, i would rather choose nanny. Because maid nowadays really cmi. Im lucky my mom quitted her job to help me look after my son.

hpc

Hi mummy,13 mths can go infant care,learn more things,time more organize.Check with parents who put their babies in that child-care u going to,some infant care have not enough manpower,1:4-6 babies.Cherry heart is 1 of them,the 1 at Katong,my friend is working there,told me that only when going home time,u can see more teachers around to get all babies/children ready.If for nanny,u can ask around ur place or work place for gd recommendation.Nanny timming is more flexible,if u need to work OT.Where are u staying,if east side maybe I can help u to find 1 nanny.

soapsoap

I am in the same situation as u my #1 now also 13 month and #2 coming out in sept.
Now my MIL is taking care of #1 but she wanna go work after #2 is out so I have to be SAHM to take care of the 2 bb as I do not wan to leave my kid with other ppl and also don like the ideal of a stranger living with us.

The only choice is I stay at home to look after the 2 bb till the younger one is 18month then I will go back to workforce and they will go to CC

Hi, Mummy.
Thanks you for your advice. If the 1st kid send to childcare, then 2nd kid to infant care, this will cost about SGD 1k (no include milk powder and accessories).
What I worry is most mummies said baby easy get sick when send them to childcare or infant care. If they sick, then I have to on leave from my work. Another issue is the night shift. If me or hubby do the night shift, will affect ours work. This is make my headache!!

Hi mummy,13 mths can go infant care,learn more things,time more organize.Check with parents who put their babies in that child-care u going to,some infant care have not enough manpower,1:4-6 babies.Cherry heart is 1 of them,the 1 at Katong,my friend is working there,told me that only when going home time,u can see more teachers around to get all babies/children ready.If for nanny,u can ask around ur place or work place for gd recommendation.Nanny timming is more flexible,if u need to work OT.Where are u staying,if east side maybe I can help u to find 1 nanny.

Hi Mummy.

You are so lucky cause can quit the job and take care the babies at home. My husband cannot afford if I am not working. So.. I cannot quit my job.

I am in the same situation as u my #1 now also 13 month and #2 coming out in sept.
Now my MIL is taking care of #1 but she wanna go work after #2 is out so I have to be SAHM to take care of the 2 bb as I do not wan to leave my kid with other ppl and also don like the ideal of a stranger living with us.

The only choice is I stay at home to look after the 2 bb till the younger one is 18month then I will go back to workforce and they will go to CC

hpc

Pangsn 7376,u must see if it working is a must.Monthly salary can cover nanny fee+x-tra cost paid to nanny if night shift,how much left.If less than 50% than no point working,wait till toddler n baby is old enough to go ccc.Or another option is get a maid to help u if have someone at home.I got a mummy who engage a maid,brought 2 kids+maid to nanny's house,bring them back after work.Mummy feel better than sending them to ccc,she says wkend still can help out at home,not so stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Carlisle

Do you have someone in your family or a relative who can do this work for you instead? Probably the pay will be lesser and the good thing is that you will feel at ease that your baby will be safe. Just my two cents.

soapsoap

Hi Mummy.

You are so lucky cause can quit the job and take care the babies at home. My husband cannot afford if I am not working. So.. I cannot quit my job.
Not I lucky , is because if I continue work the pay is not enough to cover nanny or infant care. So best is stay at home and look after the kid myself, and because I still have some saving then have to save on alot of thing when I not working

DiceWee

Hi there, i am looking for a nanny at Simei Area or nerby. If you can recommend few good for me? by the way what is the price range & usually how long they take care for day time? Thanks a lot.