No gestational sac at 5W nor no morning sickness!

Fadnini

Hi all,

I'm new here. Appreciate some input from all you 'experienced' mommies. After TTC for 2 months, I got a BFP last Fri.

Being so ecstatic and at the same time paranoid, I decided to go for an early scan at a private clinic. According to my calculations:

LMP-1 Mar
Estimated Ovu Date- 20 Mar
Average Cycle Length- 33 Days

I should be about 4W5D when I did the scan. However, the gynae did not detect any gestational sac! With my sister who has a scan done with him when she was a day late, he even detected a sac and a yolk in it.

I'm rather disappointed because first, I had unanticipated and worrying results. Next, the gynae simply hastily scribbled 'ectopic'? on a notepad and asked me to come back next week, w/o any reassurance whatsoever. Now I'm just panicking though I checked with others and they said it was way too early to detect, especially on an abdominal ultrasound.

I should have just waited for my scan at KKH abt 2 weeks from now, as now I am so unsure. Can anyone help?
P/S If I were to go for my first prenatal at KKH ard 7W, would they do any scans?

Thanks so much:embarrassed:

Sshheena

That time i scan mine is only 5weeks, is super small . After zoom in, is only a dot. I heard if u were to scan u need to
make sure ur bladder is full..

my morning sickness arrive ard week 7.. Trust ur instinct ;) as long no bleeding, no sharp pain. I guess its fine

Alisa

it could be too early to see the sac. scan again 2-3 weeks later. usually KK gynaes are like that wan... they are seeing lots of patients and no fix patients so i feel that they tend to be very impatients...

Fadnini

Thanks Sshheena & Alisa for your reassurances. I'm eagerly awaiting my scan and hopefully will see the gestational sac and some more by then. Hmmm...I guess those who got to see so many things at 4W+ are really damn lucky huh

Fadnini

*UPDATE!
Hehe thanks, I guess my dates were way off. Meaning when I went for the scan I was only 4W+. I went last Friday to another obstetrician and he confirmed I was only 5W on that day. Saw a beautiful, teeny and long gestational sac measuring 10mm. Nothing in it yet but at least that rules out ectopic. ANd now patiently awaiting my next KKH appt on 23/4 (abt 6W4D) and hopefully can detect a heartbeat by then. Thanks all for your replies, it feels nice not to be alone!:we2cute:

Qookie

Don't worry ;) My sister's couldn't detect heartbeat till 10weeks. Maybe it differs from one pregnancy to another.

Take care! ;)

Fadnini

*UPDATE
I went for my scan last Fri at 7weeks and the doc found no embryo nor heartbeat. I was crushed when he said high possibility of blighted ovum and will perform evacuation if things don't look up by this coming Friday. I'm still pinning some hope that my baby is a late developer but whatever it is, I'm preparing for the worst as I don't want to be disappointed twice. Was unconsolable last weekdn and cried at work today. I guess only God knows the feeling.

Fadnini

528331_592422174104244_1646663061_n[1].jpgThis was the gestational sac measuring 6W6d at 7weeks, with only a yolk sac but no embryo. Hope it is just too early to see the baby

Fadnini

Hi cherified,

Seems there was a fetal pole when I went to another obstetrician last week but he says he doesn't like the looks of this pregnancy. He says it's too quiet and inactive. If by this coming Thur (16May) there is still no heartbeat, I have to go for the D&C...Thanks for asking, by the way...

Hi to all experience mummy, I am just curious and I need advice from you ladies. I have been trying to conceive for a few months now. my periods are quite irregular (2 months once) and when it does happen, its 6-7 days of heavy - normal flow.. But, now I am spotting... like cervical mucus tinged with a tiny amount of blood, sometimes brownish (Sorry if TMI) and it doesn't feel like a period... could it be that I am pregnant? its now day 5 of spotting and I tried testing but it turns out negative... :( Is it too early to test?

Smurfete

Hi to all experience mummy, I am just curious and I need advice from you ladies. I have been trying to conceive for a few months now. my periods are quite irregular (2 months once) and when it does happen, its 6-7 days of heavy - normal flow.. But, now I am spotting... like cervical mucus tinged with a tiny amount of blood, sometimes brownish (Sorry if TMI) and it doesn't feel like a period... could it be that I am pregnant? its now day 5 of spotting and I tried testing but it turns out negative... :( Is it too early to test?
I am having the same thing now. For the past 5 days, I have been spotting. Like you said, it appears to be cervical mucus tinged with a tiny amount of blood (sometimes brown sometimes pinkish). Worse thing is I forgot when was my last menses. I think it should be next week ba... I have not tested yet coz wanting to wait and not waste money on the pregnancy kit.