Oct 2008 MTB

lonerjas

My gal oso haven flipped yet... i tink not so fast ba... my son flipped when 3.5mth old so my girl still got 3 weeks to got.. slowly ba i tink is matter of time nia...

Poor little girl caught virus from the brother ytd fever till 38.6degree lo

yeoyeo

For what i know, before you put your bb to the caregiver, it is better that you are presence with them in another environment with the caregiver. They have to get used to the caregiver and the place before you slowly disappeared. At least we are with them in a new environment for awhile before leaving them totally.

i made the mistake of leaving my son to my sis in law without letting him get used to the caregiver and environment and therefore he only drink 30 - 40ml each feed. he wants to be carry and whenever my sis in law puts him down, he will start his "cranky" business..

Thank God he adapt to it after 1 week. Now he gets better.. :)

yeoyeo

i think my son will learn to flip quite fast, this is what most people say.. he is quite strong. when he is less than one month, PD already say his neck is quite strong.

changing diapers for him can be a chanellege cos he likes to "kick" himself upwards and after few kicks he is out of the changing mat. he is quite dangerous if leave him on the bed cos i worried he kicks himself out of the bed.. hahaha..

well once our babies know how to flip, we will begin our next sets of worries..

yeoyeo

anyone still bf ur bb? mine only lasted for 2 months...
me too. i stopped after i went back to work after 2 months. sometime i do feel guilty for weaning it off.. it is so funny lah.. part of me feel tired that i need to express my milk every 3 hourly and sometimes i will skip cos too busy or preoccupied and it drag to 4 hours and slowly skip one pump to the next pump... part of me i hope i can continue to give as it is good for the baby... haiz.... well anyway stop liao.. "IF" i have a 2nd one, then i will do it all over again, but hopefully with better perservance... :shyxxx:

madalene

nope..she is super strong nw, able to move from one side of the cot to the other side almost 90 degree turn using her feet lifting her up...

btw, she's only 2mths 3wks old..weighs abt 5.4kg nw...

wow, strong leh.
mine only know how to change sleeping position but not flip yet.
a few days back, she start to turn on her right side only. still not yet flip...
but she is turning 4 mths in 1 week time...

madalene

My boy havent flip yet. But nowadays he got more movement, even change his sleeping position now. At night sleep straight, in the morning he is already sleep the other way already.

Ya, he can support his neck/head better now. I tried to put him rest on his tummy, and he can hold his neck up for longer while. But he doesnt like it!

My baby is super addictive to pacificer. Or else he will start to suck his fingers. Think pacificer will be easier to quit than fingers.
ya, the doc says its a good exercise for the babies...
Good to lay them on their belly...

i tried giving my girl pacifier too.
but she dun like. she like fingers more, hahaha.
i think to her, fingers more tasty....:tlaugh:

Ah Cheng

ya, the doc says its a good exercise for the babies...
Good to lay them on their belly...

i tried giving my girl pacifier too.
but she dun like. she like fingers more, hahaha.
i think to her, fingers more tasty....:tlaugh:
Ya, sometimes I wonder what so good about the pacificer?? How come baby likes to suck pacificer? My boy loves to suck his fingers, suck very "loud" somemore. So got to choose either one - pacificer or fingers. Heard that if suck the thumb too much, it will leave a mark on the fingers.

Yah, CNY is coming. 1st time carrying baby to celebrate new year. Must be very exciting! Can take a break too, there must be alot of relatives who can "volunteer" to carry him, play with him. Then we can have some breaktime. haha. :)

lonerjas

Ya, sometimes I wonder what so good about the pacificer?? How come baby likes to suck pacificer? My boy loves to suck his fingers, suck very "loud" somemore. So got to choose either one - pacificer or fingers. Heard that if suck the thumb too much, it will leave a mark on the fingers.

Yah, CNY is coming. 1st time carrying baby to celebrate new year. Must be very exciting! Can take a break too, there must be alot of relatives who can "volunteer" to carry him, play with him. Then we can have some breaktime. haha. :)
Baby like sucking cos it gives them security feelin.. Not all like pacifiers i suppose lol.. i notice my gal loves to squeeze near me when sleeping. if i move away she somehow can come nearer herself lol

Ah Cheng

Ya I agree. I put my baby sleep beside me during the afternoon. Once I step out of the bed, he wakes up. Then I got to lie down and pat him sleep again!

badtzzz

For what i know, before you put your bb to the caregiver, it is better that you are presence with them in another environment with the caregiver. They have to get used to the caregiver and the place before you slowly disappeared. At least we are with them in a new environment for awhile before leaving them totally.

i made the mistake of leaving my son to my sis in law without letting him get used to the caregiver and environment and therefore he only drink 30 - 40ml each feed. he wants to be carry and whenever my sis in law puts him down, he will start his "cranky" business..

Thank God he adapt to it after 1 week. Now he gets better.. :)
oh no, im gg to put my bb to infant care..hope she cn adapt fast...*crossing fingers***

now she is super fussy in the afternoon, wants to be carried n play..lucky she slps well in the nite...

Last edited:

badtzzz

me too. i stopped after i went back to work after 2 months. sometime i do feel guilty for weaning it off.. it is so funny lah.. part of me feel tired that i need to express my milk every 3 hourly and sometimes i will skip cos too busy or preoccupied and it drag to 4 hours and slowly skip one pump to the next pump... part of me i hope i can continue to give as it is good for the baby... haiz.... well anyway stop liao.. "IF" i have a 2nd one, then i will do it all over again, but hopefully with better perservance... :shyxxx:
haha..me too...partly the milk also stop flowing liao...

badtzzz

Baby like sucking cos it gives them security feelin.. Not all like pacifiers i suppose lol.. i notice my gal loves to squeeze near me when sleeping. if i move away she somehow can come nearer herself lol
my girl doesnt suck her fingers, only like to lick fingers n blow bubbles...haha

yeoyeo

oh no, im gg to put my bb to infant care..hope she cn adapt fast...*crossing fingers***

now she is super fussy in the afternoon, wants to be carried n play..lucky she slps well in the nite...
i guess you can talk to the caregiver in the childcare centre and let them know. did you check out the infant care centre that you are going to put your DD? i heard some negative comment on infant care but i guess it is a no choice kind of a thing. normally one caregiver to 4-5 babies so sometimes it is not easy for them to manage.

dun worry too much.. i believe sometimes we dun have much choice on it.

yeoyeo

my son like to suck pacifier, i guess it is for comfort.. but at the same time he also like to lick his hands and just like your boy, sometimes he suck very loud... seems so delicious.. buay tahan him..

i agree with you.. cny coming and being a 1st time mum, i am excited to go around house visiting with my son. it is a good time to take a break..