Over Weight Pregnancy

ZombieMum

When you have high BP, they din give you any medicine to control? THe BP goes up last minute?

I also has high BP now, under medication. Where you go? KKH? Did you see a separate female doc Jacky Tan at clinic A for your high BP?
It was a sudden one. At first, gynae said would like to monitor and see if it's still the same or will go down. After 2 days, went back to him, it was ok. But several days later, it went back up, which is relatively high. Gynae didn't give me medication and suggest to induce cuz since it's already 38 weeks, full term. I was with this gynae called Dr Wong Mun Tat, Thomson Woman's Clinic at Bukit Gombak there.

When I was admitted to TMC on the day for induce, I was being closely monitored and was given medicine. After delivered, was also being monitored closely as to check whether the BP has gone to normal, and thank God it has. My high BP was due to pregnancy and now I don't have anymore. :)

U better take good care of urself ya!

MsPlumpy

I was 67.5kg (looking at the BMI, I was consider overweight) when I had my first boy, put on 20kg. Natural delivery - a healthy 3.07kg baby

Tried very hard to lose weight but cannot ... I had my DS2 (weighing 72.5kg), put on 13kg - Natural delivery - a healthy 4.05kg baby.

With my first pregnancy, I learnt that we really got to relax ... having too much stress wanting to have a baby ... end up disappointment every time.

Last edited:

lawla12

I was 67.5kg (looking at the BMI, I was consider overweight) when I had my first boy, put on 20kg. Natural delivery - a healthy 3.07kg baby

Tried very hard to lose weight but cannot ... I had my DS2 (weighing 72.5kg), put on 13kg - Natural delivery - a healthy 4.05kg baby.

With my first pregnancy, I learnt that we really got to relax ... having too much stress wanting to have a baby ... end up disappointment every time.
me still tcc wor......but evytime, very stress n upset when my AF come....try NOT to tink abt it...but hor, inside my heart, me counting the ovulation date leh......very hard NOT to tink abt it lohhhh........

duhduh

me still tcc wor......but evytime, very stress n upset when my AF come....try NOT to tink abt it...but hor, inside my heart, me counting the ovulation date leh......very hard NOT to tink abt it lohhhh........
Hi Lawla12...i agree with u leh..although everytime say dun think dun think,end up 'naturally' still think ....haiz
now my AF doesnt come but neither did it show BFP...jia lat. Duno what happened....scared i overly stress and miss 1mth again. It happened when i was preparing for weddg last year..skipped 1mth. sigh....

MsKoh1973

My mens just come on 7 Mar (Sat) super early in the morning, then stained my bed. But stop by Sunday nite.

Usually I have 5 days mens, this time so short dunnoe issit becos of the abortion I had in Jan (first mens after abortion).

I think I am going to start to loss some wt, after my Mens, seems like got alot of water retention around my thighs and legs.

26JMC

lawla12,wa....i also around ur weight.. even heavier cos i gain 2 more kg during pregnancy. now i have to shred those extra fats and get ready for my next pregnancy.

mskoh, lets jia you together and motivate each other to lose weight! :)

my hubby shd SEE tis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm fat, 68kg...doc did ask me to lose weight but i hardly lose euff....manage to lose 2kg but gain back during CNY period....now tat i'm on injections cos clomid did not work on me, he BLAMED on me for being fat....zzzzzzz.....:we2arghh:

Last edited:

MsKoh1973

Hipee............I m going to start wk..............now "practising" and "clearing old stock" of my husband...........hehehehehehehe..........

:shyxxx:

cui_er

I was about 70kg with my first child and when deliver about 85kg. Totally smooth pregnancy the first time round.

Now, I'm about 100kg and expecting my 2nd child. I'm rather worried about this pregnancy. First, going to the gynae sucks, especially during weight-taking. Then seeing all the other slim mamas there, then very hard to buy maternity clothes. Then I'm very out of breath whenever i just walk a bit, so wondering how will i have the stamina during labour.

I know now is not suitable for dieting but I'm trying not to eat too much as i cannot imagine how i'd be waddling around if I balloon up even more. :(

MsKoh1973

For maternity clothes, you can try one shop call Saint Rolland I think, they hv very big xxxxl sizes, last time I went to the shop think at Pearl Centre or something. Or u can go to St Michael, their big sizes clothes also quite comfortable.

how many weeks r u now? I now at 113 kg, and yet to get preg, went to see my gyn last month, he never mentioned anything abt diet. I think you should continue to eat healthily, its better for you and the bb, my fren last time went on diet during preg, her bb later rejected solid food, dunnoe got any relation.

cui_er

The prob is that I'm kind of on a very tight budget this time round so I'm really hunting for cheap yet large-enough maternity wear, which is near to impossible in Singapore. St. Roland & St. Michael are the brand or shop names? Must try to check them out if they have xxxl sizes, hehe.

I'm about 9.5 weeks now. My gynae didn't say anything about cutting down on food but i just feel huge, especially during the checkups. I never diet now lah, I don't have the will-power and determination to diet, if not won't end up so fat now also. But sort of try to cut down on my food intake a bit, especially supper, cos I used to eat a lot one. Like huge plates and snacks and fastfood always.

I think being overweight doesn't really reduce the chances of getting pregnant. But if trying to conceive, may be a good idea to cut down weight naturally as will only have benefits and no disadvantages once pregnant.

MsKoh1973

Both r shop names, St michael is the one with john little, think got one outlet at plaza sing and centre point.

which hospital u going to ? my is at kkh, just change doc to John tee, previously was doc han. How many dos of folic u taking?

I think there is one shop at bencoolen street, opp OG, that shop got sell preg clothes, think price is $10- $20 range last round i bought in yr 2005, the shop still there, u can go see see.

Moonie

Hi ladies,i m v new to this thread... I m also v overweight, suspecting I m pregnant with my 2nd one...My first child is coming 4YO... but my hubby seems more concern with my health, scared tat I will have many complications for overweight pregnancy... Asking me to abort it n get pregnant again after I successfully reduced my weight... Wat kind of stupid excuse is that rite?

My main purpose of posting is to ask u ladies here, is ther gynae u noe who is more specialize in overweight pregnancy or delivery (ESP C-sect)....? Or there is no such specialization I guess? Hee...

MsKoh1973

Hi ladies,i m very new to this thread... I m also very overweight, suspecting I m pregnant with my 2nd one...My first child is coming 4YO... but my hubby seems more concern with my health, scared that I will have many complications for overweight pregnancy... Asking me to abort it and get pregnant again after I successfully reduced my weight... what kind of stupid excuse is that rite?

My main purpose of posting is to ask you ladies here, is ther gynae you know who is more specialize in overweight pregnancy or delivery (ESP C-sect)....? Or there is no such specialization I guess? Hee...

You may want to consider Senior Consultant when going to KKH rather than let those MO/ Registrart "touch" you.

I started trying last month, failed, my mens just come, now weighing about 115kg........dun think u r fatter than me........hehehehe

Now also have H1N1, the news report say like got more effect on pregnant woman, just asked my husband y'sday, he said just "DO IT". I am not sure how old r u, I am 36 giong 37, I have been saying i wanted to go on diet then have the next one, my first one already 4 yo, i still fat, think will continue to be fat, so I am going ot "JUST DO IT".

but is good lah, find a good doc, you may want to consider Doctor Han or Doctor John Tee from KKH. Previously I seeing Dr Han, this time round I m trying John Tee, think both skills all very good, depend on each one "match" your horroscope :)

Moonie

You may want to consider Senior Consultant when going to Kandang Kerbau Hospital rather than let those MO/ Registrart "touch" you.

I started trying last month, failed, my mens just come, now weighing about 115kg........dont think you are fatter than me........hehehehe

Now also have H1N1, the news report say like got more effect on pregnant woman, just asked my husband why'sday, he said just "DO IT". I am not sure how old are you, I am 36 giong 37, I have been saying i wanted to go on diet then have the next one, my first one already 4 yo, i still fat, think will continue to be fat, so I am going ot "JUST DO IT".

but is good , find a good doc, you may want to consider Doctor Han or Doctor John Tee from Kandang Kerbau Hospital. Previously I seeing Dr Han, this time round I m trying John Tee, think both skills all very good, depend on each one "match" your horroscope :)

Mskoh

Thanks for ur advice... U ll b happy to hear tat I m actualli fatter than you! Keke...I m 29 this year:) good luck to u! Hope u ll b preggie real soon. Yah Loh I still thinking n considering which gynae should I see Loh... Wana get a reliable wan... So won't haf so much worries.... :)

shiseru

I am 163cm tall. Before pregnancy i am 62kg which was within the average range, after i lost my baby in Aug, I was at 70kg. I am trying to conceive again but I am more concerned about the complication during pregnancy, given the fact now I am a little overweight + age 35

Currently I am taking aerobic classes. I will try to exercise 3x per week, I want to shed off at least 5kg though ideal is to shed off 8kg. It has been 3 weeks since I started, so far I lose 2 kgs nia T__T

But I think it's great to keep ourselves healthy when we are trying to conceive. So exercise mummies exercise!

Mummies staying in the east who wish to shed off some pounds, may wanna consider aerobic classes at Tampines North CC (i'm with the Monday class). The class teaches Aerobic Workout: Cardio Kick Mix. I like it coz instructor teaches kegel exercise too (a great exercise to prevent Urinary incontinence during pregnancy and after)

MsKoh1973

Let us all work hard.....

recently i fatter again, now I am trying to eat normal for bf and lunch, but for diner, I will eat only vege and meat, no rice.

Just started, "stop growing", but weight loss not beri prominet. But think this is more sensible diet, so could be more substantable.

Keep up the good work girls!!!
:Dancing_wub:

MsKoh1973

Just saw JT on Monday, now weighing abt 120kg, told him I stopped trying abt 2 m ago becos putting on wt. He said no prob, I should continue.

I will "start wk" again once my DH removed the spolit sofa fr my house. Cos this time, I want to make sure everything is "right" in my house before I start, dun want to spolit the fengshui.

All the overweight dearest out there who are trying to conceive, jia you jia you................