Piano theory

pianojazzy

Actually learning music at an early age has a lot of benefits. Especially learning before the age of 6 will develop a good ear.

As young children have short attention span and difficult to focus, learning music do helps. Also it helps in maths n personal developments etc. Too many benefits to list them down :)

GENE045

I usually will encourage parents to sit in for kids younger than 5 years old and learn together with their kids.

a kid at 4 and a half might has no progress for few lessons which lack of concerntration as well as due to the language/ vacabulary.

Any mummies with children learning piano?

Do you help ur child when they are doing their theory homework (that is if there is?)

I am asking because myy dd has theory homework, grade 1 theory papers and she can't seems to understand them. She needs to be explained what the questions are asking about and so on. Plus her theory also not very good.

I used to teach her when she first started out cos it was very easy. But now... I simply do not know what is going on as I am not musically trained. But I got the talent of understanding it and explaining to her... and I pick up the theory as she learns.

So what shd I do? Coach her? not coach her and leave her to it? let her teacher explain?

-|MiN|-

Hi Mummies,
Do you have any recommendations/reviews of music school which you have sent your DS/DD to? Do you think it's a waste of $$$ to send 2yrs old toddlers to baby music appreciation class?

Appreciate all feedback.

Thank you!

pianojazzy

I usually will encourage parents to sit in for kids younger than 5 years old and learn together with their kids.

a kid at 4 and a half might has no progress for few lessons which lack of concerntration as well as due to the language/ vacabulary.

Do use more motivating books like those with stickers, more activities and full of pictures for younger students.

Normally my younger students do understand. Even those at age of 3. Do incoperate more activities during lesson for students with short concentration span.

GENE045

hope all these conversation still active. i am a piano teacher. i always encourage kids who is yonger than 5 to have parents sit in together. if a child leave with teacher alone, they might have no progress for few classes. of course this still depends on individual.

hope all these conversation still active. i am a piano teacher. i always encourage kids who is yonger than 5 to have parents sit in together. if a child leave with teacher alone, they might have no progress for few classes. of course this still depends on individual.
oh..... hope is still active.....

I decided to let my boy learn violin first.....

wonder any violin teachers ard...