Pigeon and Wakodo Instant Porridge

dianay

Dear all,

I am checking where to get the pigeon or Wakodo instant porridge in Singapore?

I am intending to bring daughter overseas but i don't wanna feed her outside food as afraid her stomach could not take it. She's coming to 13months old.

What other alternatives if there isn't the instant porridge? Can i just feed her cereal for 2 days?

Thanks!

ice0405

I juz brought my daughter overseas last month when she was 12 mths. Bought the pigeon and wakodo instant porridge to mix with plain porridge. What I simply did was bring along my tiger food jar, travel kettle, and short grain white rice. First thing in the morning, boil water, wash rice, put in the tiger food jar and close it for 2-3 hrs. And I get hot, soft porridge. When she needs to eat, I just scoop out the porridge to mix the pigeon/wakodo instant porridge for taste. I also added in some Heinz corn and pumpkin baby food to make it sweeter for her.

ice0405

The pigeon ones are available at kiddy palace, toysrus and major departmental stores. The wakodo ones I bought online from agape babies, but heard u can get them from taka.

Actually depends on how long u go. Some of my friends simply brought along the travel cooker and did some grocery shopping the moment they touched down.. I went for 4 days so the tiger jar and instant foods were good enough for me..

dianay

So u just pour rice and boiling water to the tiger food jar and it cook porridge? Which model of tiger food jar u buy?

ice0405

http://www.usa.tiger-corporation.com/products/72

I bought this, the 0.7litre one is good enough.

Yes, just rice and boiling water, the salesgirl claims can cook porridge.. Put thinly sliced fish and finely chopped veggies tog with rice and boiling water. But I only tried cooking rice..

dianay

Dear ice0405,

Thanks for your replies! :) i guess i will be giving her mostly cereals throuhout the 3 days trip + little food here and there (from hotel as i think its cleaner)