piles.. ps help

mskathy

hihi... does anybody have piles? is it normal? can it be remove? is there anything which we can do? wat is the cause? will it go off over time? how to wipe the anus if there are lumps there.. somebody ps help...

stangela

hi hi,
Me too i have piles...its common actually..the problem i face was that i have pretty serious constipation..and my gynae gave me a syrup to drink every 3 times a day..plus i got a cream from her too..to apply on the piles.(dun get those from pharmacy, it might not b safe).

I start to wear pantyliner everyday to keep it clean now..the reason for my case was i keep forcing my stools to come out..so it causes abrasion.U can check with ur gynae regarding this prob.hope this helps:)

angela

Ah Cheng

The piles will get worst after delivery. It is so painful which I cant walk (even painful than the stitches)

So do take the medicine which the gynae gave you. Cure it (reduce the pile) before delivery.

My gynae suggested me to remove the piles (after delivered). Can leave it also can, but it might come out again during my next pregnancy! :(

mskathy

i do not have piles b4 preg. i din have constipation too. guess my piles was due to the stretching of muscle wen i was delivering. i din feel pain at all.. i only got to know those were piles after i went to see another gyn cos my gyn din mention and her assistance told me tat it is just lumps after stitching. can it be remove entirely... ?

CarolOng

I've removed my piles earlier this year before i was preg.

Mine was caused by sitting at the toilet bowl for too long. The sitting position causes strain on the anus area & thus piles appear. Used to take medicine & apply cream but my piles are still there so doc recommend removal of them.

I've both internal & external piles & i've removed them b'cos i wanna be safe. Imagine yr piles bleed & u tot u're spotting while preg. scary tot! but gynae told me since i've the history, i've to be extra careful.

I think meanwhile, eat more water & hv more fibre. Follow the doc advise & see if it's possible to minimise the pain & discomfort. Some piles can disappear after medication so don't worry too much.

As to how to wipe yr anus. If after small biz, can dab around the area. for big biz, if possible, i'll suggest washing it with water & dab it dry. I know it's veri troublesome but u won't wanna rub the piles with paper. =)

i do not have piles b4 preg. i din have constipation too. guess my piles was due to the stretching of muscle wen i was delivering. i din feel pain at all.. i only got to know those were piles after i went to see another gyn cos my gyn din mention and her assistance told me tat it is just lumps after stitching. can it be remove entirely... ?

hi kathy, i had piles due to my delivery too, but it healed itself after 2 weeks. whenever conditions arise involving the genital area always be sure to keep it as clean as possible. that means washing after every visit to the loo, and importantly dab dry (dab - don't wipe! might make the area more raw!).

& important important: never wipe your side B before your side A!! side B has many many germs that can infect side A which is very very sensitive.

while you are recovering, be sure to include vegetables & fibrous fruits like papaya or bananas in your diet. during my confinement, i ate these little by little (cos was bf-ing so must be careful not to take too much). i was poo-ing once every few days at first & always very hard stools. but after taking fibrous foods & fruits, the stools gradually became softer & the piles cured itself.

Porukadotzu

i can imagine how painful the piles .. i never hv piles too untill the day b4 i give birth.. and it remain there untill about 1 mth+, passing motion was a scary experience after birth haha..

i kept drinking millk which i tink make easier to pass motion, hard stool is the last ting i want on earth.

last time my gynae gv me a cream and antibiotic pills to drink. the first week was in agony just to apply cream on piles.. but the pain will go away fast..

now still can feel abit of lump only and always try to drink water/milk more.

like Wee Fee mummy say, keep the area clean and pat dry. :tlaugh:

Ah Cheng

Actually the gynae did prescribe a medicine which help to soften the stools, so not that bad when passing motion.

Lotus

I called my pile 'my old friend'. I developed one in my 8th month and my gynae prescribed some cream to fix - it healed up before I gave birth.

My advice is to fix it immediately, before delivery, as if it's there during delivery it only gets bigger, redder and nastier. My old friend came back after delivery but it was fine as I didn't need any creams etc.

mskathy

thanks all... mine was so far ok.. touch wood eh.. din felt pain nor discomfort.. din even know it was pile.. just tat i felt very demoralising.. if like tat should i remove it? my gyn told me to have a sec baby before removing as it will come back eventually lor...

daberdew

My piles developed after pregnancy. It's really painful and need to drink some liquid medicine from my gynae to soften the tools to pass motion,

Think now more or less healed. Cause is probably pushing too hard during pregnancy. I use to have constipation even b4 pregnancy, now, I scared already. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

But if cannot pass for a few days, I take mild laxatives too but try to not to be over-reliant on them loh. :tlaugh: