PM Lee on Baby Bonus

Vern

Dear All Single Mums,

I am a single mum with 8 years old boy and a baby gal out soon.
Why Single mum is not entitle to the baby bonus scheme?? Is anyone out there concern on this subject??

-SRI-

yalor..me too cant get bb bonus..bb due soon nxt mth...

wat i read an article, the reasons they don give bb bonus to single mum cz to prevent any unwanted pregnancies like teenager pregnancies & etc... there's a debate going on b4 on tis issue...

Somehw atleast we get some of the benefits.. but if hv some of the bb bonus will be great la.. hehehe.. nt for us, for our bb rite...for their future needs... aniwae, our bb will oso contribute to the society wat.... so they deserve some bb bonus.. hahaha..

Found some articles which maybe useful for us:

http://www.mcys.gov.sg/MCDSFiles/Speeches/Articles/14-2007.pdf (read frm pg 17)

http://aaron-ng.info/blog/carrots-are-better-than-sticks.html

Siew Kum Hong: Budget 2007 Debates: Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports, 8 March 2007

http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/etc/medialib/mom_library/Workplace_Standards/files.Par.57924.File.tmp/file.pdf

Last edited:
If they are afraid of teenage pregnancy, why not give baby bonus etc to single mum who are above 21 of age?

Or even if they do not give baby bonus, at least the other subsidies should be entitled to those who are alreadymoms.

-SRI-

If they are afraid of teenage pregnancy, why not give baby bonus etc to single mum who are above 21 of age?

Or even if they do not give baby bonus, at least the other subsidies should be entitled to those who are alreadymoms.
i been thiking of tt too lei... hahaha.. 21 consider nt teenage ma...:001_302:

sigh.... I in the grassroots.... during our mthly meeting i brought this issue up....

then they say cause illegimate....

then i ask dun illegimate also singaporean kids? govt say not enough kids then these kids not singaporean kids?

I told them that is very ridiculous........ hope they can look into it...

Amulet

sigh.... I in the grassroots.... during our mthly meeting i brought this issue up....

then they say cause illegimate....

then i ask dun illegimate also singaporean kids? govt say not enough kids then these kids not singaporean kids?

I told them that is very ridiculous........ hope they can look into it...
ya lo.. illegimate then nxt time our children work liao, don claim income tax n watever tax from our children k.. our baby boys nxt time don ask them to go NS n protect the country k..

hope they wake up their idea lo..

i did check before they say that is because children are more suitable to be raise up in a 2 parents family hence they only give to married couples. but i guess they never understand that sometimes it is not within our help that we got pregnant by accident and it's not wad we really want. but yet, they dun wan the abortion rate to be high. sigh.

sby78

Hi all Single Mums out there, any thoughts to raise out our issues to the Government, this is so unfair for Single mum... ;(

carltonx

hi ladies :)
im a student researching on single parents. i've actually read many of your problems and experiences at forums and websites.

my heart goes out to you..

i tink petition dun work lor. sigh. so mani single mums in singapore.
and yet govt not helping out much.
this cannt, that cannt
this dun haf tat dun haf