pregnant and working?

hi mummies / mummies-to-be,

i am a first-time mum and super excited abt my baby. however, maybe it's my first time, my body isnt adapting too well to the pregnancy. nevertheless, i still manage to take care of myself well.

i'm currently working in my company for 5 mths now and i am abt 3 mths pregnant. i broke the news to my superior some time ago and she congratulated me. i was happy, of course, because that's wat most female employees wished for when they got pregnant. however, i recently fall sick and i had morning sickness, i was really afraid to take mc or leave to go home and rest. many other colleagues insisted i should rest to take care of myself but i am afraid. hence, they conclude that my superior is not compassion enough as she is married with no kids.

anyone here facing the same problem as me? i am really afraid of taking mc/leave as im afraid she will penalise me for my variable bonus or even ask me to leave because i took too many mc /leave.

valenciabek

hi mummies / mummies-to-be,

i am a first-time mum and super excited abt my baby. however, maybe it's my first time, my body isnt adapting too well to the pregnancy. nevertheless, i still manage to take care of myself well.

i'm currently working in my company for 5 mths now and i am abt 3 mths pregnant. i broke the news to my superior some time ago and she congratulated me. i was happy, of course, because that's wat most female employees wished for when they got pregnant. however, i recently fall sick and i had morning sickness, i was really afraid to take mc or leave to go home and rest. many other colleagues insisted i should rest to take care of myself but i am afraid. hence, they conclude that my superior is not compassion enough as she is married with no kids.

anyone here facing the same problem as me? i am really afraid of taking mc/leave as im afraid she will penalise me for my variable bonus or even ask me to leave because i took too many mc /leave.
Hi purpleliciousmummy,

I'm also a first-time mummy, now I'm 22wks 3days and I'm same as u, when the first few mth of pregnancy I keep falling sick and having morning sickness. But I still took MC or leave to rest, but come to a point that my supervisor told me that I have to stop keep taking MC or leave cause will affect my work and also not very good nah. And also my boss ask regrading I keep taking MC or leave. So after that if I'm really not well then I will take MC or leave, if I still can make it to work then I will still go for work.

If you really feel very unwell, just take MC and rest cause we need alot alot of rest. If you think you still can go to work then just go for work norh. Don't have to afraid of taking MC or leave :001_302:

lasery2k

hi hi,

hope you are coping well now...your shoud really rest well n taking mc n leave is unavoidable. i did not have morning sickness but during the first tri, i was having bad spotting. so i took 2 weeks of hospitalise leave to stay bed ridden. work ofcoz still have to go on..but being a civil servant. there's the duty officer to re-deploy shift for me. if you are really feeling bad..you can always sit down with your superior n have a chat reagarding your preg n things u are going thru. at least let her know your situation in compare to ownself think here n there.

for me, i will call back office n update my superior of my situation and tell them when i can go back to let my deployment officer schedule my working shift.

ya..i run shift work and the work place i goes to contain prisoners...lolx...the key for me tt keeps mi going to work is stay happi and enjoy work n preg at the same time..

good luck.

msck

Hey congrat!! =) my bb is 40th day old now.

Anyway, if u not feeling well, pls dun act strong n walk around n get urself overworked. When i just reached my 2nd trimester, my body gave way n i puked like nonstop, ended up giddy n low water level, and i was admitted to kkh for 48hours of drips n 2weeks hospitalisation leave (stay ntuc).

And when i recovered, again, the naughty me walked alot, everyday worked from 7am to 7pm. I went to clinic to see doc. He just gavee 1 day mc. Then 2 days later was my checkup at kk. Dr wee said respiratory inffection to mom is no joke. Affect oxygen intake for bb. N i coughed until my heartbeat very fast suddenly. So again, 1 week hospitalisation leave.

So pls take care. Dun be like me. Putting bb danger all the time.