Redang

JenLee98

Jazz- abt your query to Redang, I think not possible to drive ...... it's almost on the top part of Malaysia...... at Trengganu..... many yrs wen I went there.....
1. got to take a nite coach from Beach Rd there....
2. reached KL at 4/5 am, waited at their old airport for a morning domestic flight to Trengganu
3. then took a coach to the pier and
4. a boat ride to Redang isaland
reached abt noon time. All in all, > 12 hours travelling time

But nice sea / underwater scenary ! try to go during the sunny seasons.....not the moonsoons... else raining and choppy waters, can't swim

muman

How about now, still 12 + hours to there by coach + flight + boat? Which months considered sunny season?

JenLee98

There may be an express coach from here all the way to Trengganu now, then take a ferry form their port to the isalnd. U can try asking the various tour agencies, seems likea lot of them selling the package now. from Mar - Sep shd be sunny seasons.

XiaoXue

Used to wrk in the travel trade for almost 4yrs.. but quit 2 yrs ago dunno if now still the same.. =p

10pm night coach departure from Beach Road, abt 7-8am reached Merang Jetty, 9am is the 1st speedboat to Redang Island.. That time, we reached Laguna Redang abt 10am.. Shortly after they let us check in liaoz.. Lunch den start our 1st Snorkelling trip.. Monsoon season is end of oct till mar.. So usually local travel agency sell redang pkg during mid mar or apr till end of sep or even mid october...

XiaoXue

Oh Btw, there's flight pkg available.. departure from Seletar airport in the morning.. Reached Redang in the afternoon.. But that's only Berjaya Air which serve to Berjaya Redang Resort only.. =)

berry3

anyone went to Redang recently?
I'm going there later this June.. yay..
although i can't still believe that the cost for 2 pax is over 1k!!
I thought it would be ard 800 maximum... (maybe i'm just ignorant :001_302:)

other than snorkeling, is there anything else that is on the must-do list there?
any tips & comments & things to be avoided?

Thanks

:tlaugh:

ochklk

anyone went to Redang recently?
I'm going there later this June.. yay..
although i can't still believe that the cost for 2 pax is over 1k!!
I thought it would be ard 800 maximum... (maybe i'm just ignorant :001_302:)

other than snorkeling, is there anything else that is on the must-do list there?
any tips & comments & things to be avoided?

Thanks

:tlaugh:
Diving...with a diving master, me and hubby dun have license, u have to accompany to a diving master, he will hold on to yr tank...before tat he let u learn how to breath first... I get to see Nemo, sting ray, big jelly fish..etc...