returning to work

Precioustot

Hi,
My baby is 2 mths old. In 2 mths time, I will be returning to work. For my first baby, I did total bf while on ML and upon returning to work, i pump twice (mid morning and mid afternoon) at work and direct latching at night. It may not be possible to pump more than 2 times at work as it is too time consuming.With this schedule, I realise that I do not have enough milk supply for baby's daytime feeds. So I intend to start stocking supply for my baby now. However my baby now feeds on demand sometimes every hrly, if I pump after each feeding, I am worried that I do not have enough for the next feed. Can working mummies share their experience on this?

Also my mil will be my primary caregiver when I return to work. Right now, she helps to look after my baby when i need to run some errands. She appears to prefer tat I express my milk instead of direct latching as baby tend to fuss at the first few feeds seeking preference over my nipple than the teat. But I prefer direct latching as I feel the fuss is only for the first or second feed, will be ok subsequently. My previous baby typically fuss on Monday morning's feeds (as I do direct latching on wkends) but subsequent days, he will be alright. Am I too selfish if I continue with direct latching?

pipilili

You must learn to find a teat to replace latching if you want to go back to work at ease.

Let go if you need to....your baby will never forget you are mommy.