Sharing of cosmetics, do you ?

cendrine

Hi mummies,

When buying cosmetics, how do you handle those counter product testers ?
Do you have the 'courage' to apply the tester directly on lips or face ?

For me, I dun dare to apply anything on my face..hehe
As for lipsticks, only tried test-dab onto hand...
Was wondering why those lipsticks testers are so dry,
could it be too many pple tested before, until no one bothers to cap it back...

CynCyn

I use to be wrking in cosmetic line . Some customers they actually apply it directly onto their lips . Which I find it's disgusting . The way they test it is like free one .

Eyeshadows , powder , blusher , I will use my hands to test it behind the hands or wrist .

Eyeliner , draw on my hands .

Lipsticks , sometimes I will wipe off the first few layers b4 using the cotton butt or tissue they provide to apply .

All dont dare direct on face except for foundation i will test near the neck and chin area tt's the most accurate when getting the right shade . :001_302:

cendrine

Sometimes, the lipstick colour we tested on the hand may differ from the colour on the lips. But then, I still wouldnt dare to apply on lips ..hehe

The only exceptional is the chin area for foundation. No choice .

CynCyn

Ya lo sometimes if bo pian then I wipe away few layers then use cotton bud they provide and dab it apply to lips but that's the no choice case . Most of the time just test on hands then buy . Lol !

Carol

Yup. Lipsticks I'll test on hands.
For foundation mostly I also dab on hands and agar agar get the right shade. Unless really no choice then on neck.

Ting

i normally wun try cos i know wad kinda colours suit me best..always play safe kinsa colours lor...cos so many ppl use b4, feel so yucks la.