Sore Throat

wyz

Hi All,

I'm in the first trimester, only about 10 weeks pregnant. I have terrible sore throat. Is there any lozenges that is suitable for pregnant lady? I forgot to ask doc for the lozenges. I notice some lozenges like Vicks not suitable for pregnant lady. Having sore throat can lead to fever.... :(

apollo

Hi All,

I'm in the first trimester, only about 10 weeks pregnant. I have terrible sore throat. Is there any lozenges that is suitable for pregnant lady? I forgot to ask doc for the lozenges. I notice some lozenges like Vicks not suitable for pregnant lady. Having sore throat can lead to fever.... :(
u see a doc alrdy? did he prescribe any medi for ur sore throat?? i dunno tt vicks cannot eat wor, i ate alot tt time =P

u can try using salt water to rinse.. but is the bad sore throat continues, it'll be better u go consult a doc again...

try asking the pharmacist, they should know which lozenges are safe for pregnant lady. i had mild sore throat recently and i used this mouthwash called difflam-c bought from guardian and it works.

yakii

try asking the pharmacist, they should know which lozenges are safe for pregnant lady. i had mild sore throat recently and i used this mouthwash called difflam-c bought from guardian and it works.
i recently went to the GP for sore throat then was given a purple colour loz ermm the name is Mac something...it taste very good after 2 drop the sore throat is gone

My wife also facing fever n stuff u having...make some warm honey, will smoothen it and also reduce the feeling of wanna vomit but drink with moderate...

Stan

Went to see GP for cold yday and i asked abt strepsils for sore throat .. he says it is okie.... everything in moderation.

ya.. take everything in moderation.. i took panadols when i was pregnant .. pharmacist say its ok also.. if you are feeling unsure, consult pharmacist..

LWP6998

Alpha Male
also had a sore throat and running nose yesterday... saw a doctor and was given medication including lozenges...

suggest to see a doctor for the correct medication...

New Mama

remember to drink lots of water.... i force myself to drink even though I really dun feel like it, esp bec it will make me nauseous.

you can try to get danzen from pharmacy. danzen is anti-inflammatory pills. i used the other brand called serrazyme when i was pregnant. serrazyme must be prescribed by doc but danzen can get off the shelf. you can double confirm with pharmacist.