The Little Gym or My Gym - Which to go to?

J Alexis

Hello mummies

My son is 17 months old and I want to send him to a place where he can be phyiscally active without tearing the house apart and at the same time make new friends

So I'm thinking of sending him to either The Little Gym or My Gym
Does anyone send their children there? Any comments?

megtan

Hi,
My son (18mths) has been with My Gym (Marine Parade) for 3 terms now. He totally enjoys and looks forward to his class weekly. The teachers at My Gym (MP) are very friendly, loving and approachable :) Teacher-kids ratio very good, something like 2-3 teachers for 6-8 kids during the Sat class 'we go now. Only 1 parent can accompany which makes whole place comfortable. Kids get ample attention from the teachers. The configuration of the gym stations/equipment changes every week so appears like new 'set-up' to the kids. Place is very clean, very well maintained. Routine goes like this - Circle time (welcome song, intro, warm up, song, dance), Practise skills (simple skills that parents can do at home with their kids e.g. tumbling, rolls), Gym stations (e.g. trapeze, climbing, jumping), Swing, Separation anxiety session, Puppet show, Bye bye. All short and sweet within 45 mins which is just nice for kids who usually have short attention span. If you sign up, also entitled to free play (at fixed timings), where kids can play freely in the gym.

Have gone to a trial class at My Little Gym (Marina Square) before but didn't like it. Class size too big, 2 parents can accompany kid which makes whole place too crowded and noisy (teachers voice and singing get drowned). Teachers hardly able to give attention during gym stations.

Hope my review hopes :)

megtan

For 8-18 month old class - it's $375 for a term i.e. 10 sessions (45 min per session) + entitled to 1hr Open Gym (free play) per week.
For 18 month onward - it's $425 for 10 sessions (1hr per session) + 1hr Open Gym.
If miss a class due to reasons like travelling or illness, can request for make-up up to 2 times (on another day) and so long as complete within that term.
You can check out My Gym website for class schedule. My Gym Singapore

I can't remember price for My Little Gym.

Suggest that you go for trial classes at both gyms to see which programs you prefer.

When my son first started My Gym, he cried throughout the 10 sessions. It's only after the second term that he got used to the routine and gym play. Now he's so happy there.

J Alexis

Definitely! Personally I think My Gym is great because there is space for young children to run about, equipment for them to learn and practice their motor skills and the teachers are nice and friendly. Dun worry going to the class won't make girls more chor lor :)

etep9114

I won't say the same now. My son doesn't like going my gym at marine parade. It's got nice facilities but that is all. My infant gotten knocked on the head by fallen umbrella that a parent brought in. Lesson is too fast for some kids including my son. One minute, they are singing dancing... my son love that... the next minute... they are getting ready equipment for gymnastic... like most classes available in the market, the kiasu parent will do their best to show of their kids. Some of the kids, who were with their maid, will go around bully other kids even when other parents are around... There are a couple of kids with parent also practice bullying... in another words, their parent allow it. Not a good experience for us. Really regret signing up for it.

Hi, I am Jeslyn and currently provides tutoring and cognitive training programs for children with rates that are definitely cheaper and more affordable. What differentiate me from others is that my tuition classes include cognitive activities. I also provide full intensive and structured cognitive training. Do visit https://www.facebook.com/brainmindsters to find out more =)