Trojan Horse

Endoh

Alpha Male
Scan regularly still.

1. Some viruses have the ability to re-install themselves as another one in the directory. For that, I usually scan with Abexo Free Registry Cleaner. You can search for it online.

2. Don't rely only on one anti-virus or anti-spyware. The performance rate for individual scanners differ. You might want to try and perform a minimum of 3 anti-virus scans with different scanner. That is more sufficiently covered.

3. I scan my PC once a week, no matter how safe I think I am. The only safest thing is... like my work PC totally no internet connection. If there's a hacker, must be ghost! LOL!

Other than BitDefender, I am also scanning with Spybot Search & Destroy and also Advanced Spyware Remover.

Endoh

Alpha Male
I usually hunt for those weird looking filenames which I am sure they are not supposed to be in my directory, location cannot be found, and files that cannot be found. But be careful, some weird looking filenames are required by the legitimate host programs so proceed with caution.

Look at the whole key location to know which hkey is for what program. Actually whatever file listed in there should ALL be unable to be found. Just delete them.

Last edited: