Walk in deliveries.

Pwiincess

How many mummies actually walked-in for ur delivery? ie, u admit to hospital for delivery straight w/o doctor's admission? Meaning, u never book any gynae, just walk in straight when delivery.

What are the procedures like?
U go straight to the delivery ward or do admission first?

Agnes Josephine

How many mummies actually walked-in for ur delivery? ie, u admit to hospital for delivery straight w/o doctor's admission? Meaning, u never book any gynae, just walk in straight when delivery.

I just admit myself @ KKH when my waterbag broke early @ 4.30am when I'm still sleeping...

I went straight to the Delivery Suite & get all the paper works done before the nurses sent me to the labour ward together with my hubby...

Hope it helps...

CynCyn

When I had a false alarm I also walked in . The docs and nurse will settle you down first until it's confirm u're into labour provided yr already dilated down there . Then they will ask your Hubby or whoever with you to settle the administrative stuffs while ur in the labour ward waiting .

The 2nd time when I'm in labour also same case . You wait at labour ward with ur contractions and hubby went to settle the administrative stuffs .

Pwiincess

I just admit myself @ KKH when my waterbag broke early @ 4.30am when I'm still sleeping...

I went straight to the Delivery Suite & get all the paper works done before the nurses sent me to the labour ward together with my hubby...

Hope it helps...
So just go straight away to Delivery Suite laa?
What if u cannot walk lehs?

Go til Labour ward then still have to wait?

Yupp, it sure helps. Thanks AJ! :001_302:

Pwiincess

When I had a false alarm I also walked in . The docs and nurse will settle you down first until it's confirm u're into labour provided yr already dilated down there . Then they will ask your Hubby or whoever with you to settle the administrative stuffs while ur in the labour ward waiting .

The 2nd time when I'm in labour also same case . You wait at labour ward with ur contractions and hubby went to settle the administrative stuffs .
What if Hubby not with uu?
I mean haven't reach or what lohs.

COs i scared I afternoon suddenly give birth then DH at work rushing down.

celine

I juz went to Delivery Suite straight away when I start to have contractions.
The nurse will put u under the observation rm to cfm tt u are in labour. After tt they will send sent u into the labour ward.
While the paper works are done by husband....

Agnes Josephine

So just go straight away to Delivery Suite laa?
What if u cannot walk lehs?

Go til Labour ward then still have to wait?

Yupp, it sure helps. Thanks AJ! :001_302:

if cannot walk, they will whell you in wheelchair... that's what happened to me... :shyxxx: cuz for my case, my waterbag already broke @ home so they sent me to the labour ward straight...

In the labour ward, have to see how fast your cervix dilate to 10cm... I waited for coming 12 hours before I could see my little prince.. It took me almost 9 hours for my cervix to dilate to 10cm... But it also depends on individuals... Some their deliveries are fast & some are slow...

hope it helps again...

Last edited:

Agnes Josephine

What if Hubby not with uu?
I mean haven't reach or what lohs.

COs i scared I afternoon suddenly give birth then DH at work rushing down.

Maybe you can ask your hubby to standby when it's nearer to your EDD? Or maybe just ask your hubby to let his company knows about it, as in when it's nearer to your EDD?

But normally you have to keep lookout of the 3 symtoms if you're in labour... 1. 'Show' as in got blood, 2. Waterbag breaks & 3. Contractions (as in the interval getting closer & stronger).

I walked in for delivery aft I woke up & realised I'm bleeding..

just went straight to the admin & they put me on a wheelchair & arranged the delivery ward for me as I was already having contractions.

Pwiincess

What are contractions?
Can briefly describe?

AJ, how many children do you have?
Does waterbag broke for C-section case as well?

Mysterious~M,
did u deliver on your EDD date exactly? Or how early/late were u?

CynCyn

to me, contractions are like severe menstrual cramps - like every 5 mins pain, something like that.
I agree with u , it's strong menstrual cramps . When the time comes you will eventually know . It's those 15mins interval then 10 mins then as close as 5mins .

Eve , if i'm not wrong you can also settle the administrative stuffs now also . Decide on what ward u want etc. sign the medisave form . I've a friend who also did that in advance . Also deliver at KKH one . You can ask them .

Pwiincess

I agree with u , it's strong menstrual cramps . When the time comes you will eventually know . It's those 15mins interval then 10 mins then as close as 5mins .

Eve , if i'm not wrong you can also settle the administrative stuffs now also . Decide on what ward u want etc. sign the medisave form . I've a friend who also did that in advance . Also deliver at KKH one . You can ask them .
I am so excited laa! Although there's still almost 4months to go! Haha. Then issit true that you keep all the receipts you did for scans then bring when you go for delivery? I mean issit true we can claim?