What are your tots of buying insurance now?

kathyang

Hihi!!

my girlfriend, who is 5mths pregnant now, said she's going to buy insurance for herself n baby. she said it covers mummy & baby in womb....
I was wondering if it is necessary to buy now, or wait till my baby is born?

kathyang

:shyxxx:
hello!
i was quite excited when my girlfriend told me there is such insurance, touchwood lah, at least it covers me n my bb! :)
but was wondering if members have any tots on this?

bullfrank

Alpha Male
hello!
i was quite excited when my girlfriend told me there is such insurance, touchwood , at least it covers me n my baby! :)
Hello Kathyang,

Yes, there is such insurance that covers your GF and your newborn. And it is good to get them so it can give you a sense of financial security.

There are a variety of plans and features, some of which includes:
  1. covering the hospitalisation cost incurred
  2. benefits for delivery, complications

However, as she is already pregnant, no insurance company will cover her for hospitalisation cost because of her pregnancy (there is a waiting period). In addition, you have to wait until your newborn exits your GF before you can buy insurance that covers your newborn's life (your newborn don't even have a name, NRIC - so it's impossible apply).

It's a lot easier if I can explain to you in person. Contact me if you are interested. :)

bullfrank

Qian1984

hello!
i was quite excited when my girlfriend told me there is such insurance, touchwood lah, at least it covers me n my bb! :)
aiyoh.. no need to think.. buy now! price is $320 (one time) + min. $100 (monthly). Why leh? it covers both yourself and bb, when bb born it becomes a coverage cum savings plan leh! save time save $$, and now alot of ppl every now and then *touchwood got complications or sometimes premature, better buy "amulet" just in case right? exclusive by Prudential only, no other companies have one.. let me know if you are interested, i see if i can get some other gifts for bb as well! me oso wan to buy, but i hvn't pass the min. no. of 18 wks being preggie, me now only going 11wks.. what about yourself? :)

just to add one thing, your bb doesn't need a name to apply. :p

angiebaby

yaya i bought the same, you can purchase between week 18 to week 32, the only one in market cover unborn baby and mom, call prufirst gift, from prudential.

one time payment for mom to be 320, and you can choose monthly from 100, 200, or 300, it covers down syndrome, and many other problem, cover birth complications, i feel safer after buying this, and you get a gift pkg after give birth from them.

Once baby born, this policy will automatically convert to baby's name, like a life/investment policy, the money you put in will be use to purchase prudential funds, so its like a investment plan and you can terminal it anytime by selling the fund unit back to prudential.

you can name the fund that you want to purchase, i ask my agent buy china-india investment as this fund with good pay back.