what kind of breast pump to get

dont have to wry about the milk supply. as long as you r determind to bf, supply will comes in. as ing, just keep on latching your baby.. for me, i cant latch on, so my pathetic supply only comes in on the 5th day.. my gynae said is very good alrdy cos i only able to latch on dear son once (on the 1st day using nipple shield).

just give whatever you have. some mothers gave up cos of the pathetic supply. but for me, though i could only give dear son few breast milk per day (sometimes even once a day =( ) but i just continue to pump until the last drip. =)
ya man i agree with apollo..never give up..drink lots of papaya fish soup...and the more u latch on/pump the more the milk and naturally stabilised.

BB Tigger

I also got the same thinking as you when i was pregnant...as 350 also not say cheap that kind. but in the end i bought it. Lucky i bought..as after give birth no time to go out . then sometimes need to pump out the exess also. No worries initailly sure got milk one...is only how long it persist.

Btw, when is your due date...as you have to take in consideration the warranty too. if you just pregnant...and you buying it now...warranty starts, by then the waranty might run out.. and if anything spoil then cannot repair free of charge. (afterall is still machine)
Hi Sheryl

Went to Taka baby fair today and saw that they selling Ameda at $399 (bundled with a single manual pump)! :07:

Even Medela mini dual pump (without promo) also selling at about $305 :wefrown:

Hi Sheryl

Went to Taka baby fair today and saw that they selling Ameda at $399 (bundled with a single manual pump)! :07:

Even Medela mini dual pump (without promo) also selling at about $305 :wefrown:
wow they up the price...i think is a new design...mine is old design one.
Did u buy in the end?
I heard my colleague say the mini series for medela not very good. but the higher range one is good...which cost like 700+

PTB7476

still thinking where and what brand to get...went taka today medala cost $799 thinking if i were to get this i might as well as someone to bring it back from usa and it cost only $500 for the same model ...

as for ameda ..hmm...not sure the price diff from usa and here is only abt 30 so no diff ...

as for the avent one it is definitely cheap than above but are they good ?

then saw pigeon silent pump but have not heard anyone using it ...so dare not try ..

so how...headaching...:embarrassed:

still thinking where and what brand to get...went taka today medala cost $799 thinking if i were to get this i might as well as someone to bring it back from usa and it cost only $500 for the same model ...

as for ameda ..hmm...not sure the price diff from usa and here is only about 30 so no diff ...

as for the avent one it is definitely cheap than above but are they good ?

then saw pigeon silent pump but have not heard anyone using it ...so dare not try ..

so how...headaching...:embarrassed:
i personally think ameda is ok and worth the price as it comes with dual pump unlike pigeon.
As for medela, if u can get it at 500..is worth it..as the higher end ones which cost 799 is also good and come with chic bag, unlike ameda which doesn't. (but is not a problem to me, as i got a mphosis netted bag which comes with a black pouch and it fits nicely for my ameda...and i use ziplog bag to put my sterlised funnel.

BB Tigger

wow they up the price...i think is a new design...mine is old design one.
Did you buy in the end?
I heard my colleague say the mini series for medela not very good. but the higher range one is good...which cost like 700+
I did not get it in the end :embarrassed:

But I know discount is offered at Mums"R" Us. If you are a VIP member, you get 10% discount. That means it will cost about $350 after disount!

Know of anyone who is a member? :bbtongue:

PTB7476

i personally think ameda is ok and worth the price as it comes with dual pump unlike pigeon.
As for medela, if you can get it at 500..is worth it..as the higher end ones which cost 799 is also good and come with chic bag, unlike ameda which doesn't. (but is not a problem to me, as i got a mphosis netted bag which comes with a black pouch and it fits nicely for my ameda...and i use ziplog bag to put my sterlised funnel.
but i worry after paying for much for pump and i have no milk :embarrassed:

I did not get it in the end :embarrassed:

But I know discount is offered at Mums"R" Us. If you are a VIP member, you get 10% discount. That means it will cost about $350 after disount!

Know of anyone who is a member? :bbtongue:
nope..not a member of mums"r"US. sorry

P4nic

i most likely getting Ameda~ i heard feedback good.. and for dual pump.. Ameda is considered much more affordable than Medala.

i most likely getting Ameda~ i heard feedback good.. and for dual pump.. Ameda is considered much more affordable than Medala.
yap agree, the price of Ameda is lower than Medela. I use rechargable battery for my ameda, hence lighter than bringing my power adpater to office.

Gem2505

last week i was at kiddy palace, i saw there's a promo on Avent promo there.

selling their Electric Steam Steriliser at $135 (usual $216.50)
- Electric steam steriliser
- 2x125ml PP Bottle
- 1xDecorated Magic Cup 200ml
- Teether Stage 2
- BPA - Free soother 0-3M Fashion

selling their Single Electronic Breast Pump at $239 (usual $413.60)
- Single electronic Breast Pump
- Nipple protector (small)
- Comfprt Breast shell
- Indulgent Body Cream