What to feed my 7 months old ?

Tomato is high in acidity and is not recommended as a first food and the general 'rule' is at 10 months. If your baby has been trying other foods it is fine to take, however, make sure the tomato is cooked and watch out for any reaction. Raw tomatoes have a higher risk of a reaction.
oh thanks, my gal is only 7 mths plus, i shall wait till she is older, won't take the risk.
What about fish?

My son is facing the same issue. He lovessss his cereal and don't like his milk anymore. He used to be able to dunk 180ml per feed but now, to get him to drink 120ml also a challenge. His schedule is during the day he has 3 bottles + 2 cereal and at night when we pick him up from the babysitter, we will give him another round of cereal + breastfeed direct. I have tried to cut out one seving of cereal during the day and replace with milk, but he doesn't want. He just sit there and cry ... or he will drink a bit then cry until we bring out his bowl, suddenly his eyes become very big and he will start smacking his lips together and pounding his hands on the high chair.
My daughter is the same, her milk intake is very little, take a long time to finish 100 ml at most, sometimes only 30ml. She is taking cereal better, so I add milk powder to cereal to increase her milk intake. I give 2 feeds of cereal 7:30 and 4pm, each feed is 3-4sccops of cereal+2scoops of milk powder( I use enfarlac milk powder scoop, so 1 scoop is for 30ml water). I also add carrot, apple etc to the cereal.
Am I giving her to much solid food? Oh, she is 7mth, 8.2kg

My daughter is the same, her milk intake is very little, take a long time to finish 100 ml at most, sometimes only 30ml. She is taking cereal better, so I add milk powder to cereal to increase her milk intake. I give 2 feeds of cereal 7:30 and 4pm, each feed is 3-4sccops of cereal+2scoops of milk powder( I use enfarlac milk powder scoop, so 1 scoop is for 30ml water). I also add carrot, apple etc to the cereal.
Am I giving her to much solid food? Oh, she is 7mth, 8.2kg
my gal is also around 8kg or more, it also depends on how tall she is, so don't worry. My cousin said once they start to walk they will lose their baby fats, as long as they are not overly chubby, that should be fine.

my gal also takes 2 cereals a day, about 3 scoops of cereals each meal. At the infant care, the teachers will make sure she finish her milk, not at once though, about 150ml. Morning before she goes infant care, she will take about 100-120ml, in school about 2-3 milk feeds, come home take another 1 feed, this feed will be more before she sleeps, sometimes about 180ml, so on average about 550ml of milk in 24 hrs.

by the way, have you switch to Enfapro for your baby already? I have not, intend to do so soon.

Last edited:
my gal is also around 8kg or more, it also depends on how tall she is, so don't worry. My cousin said once they start to walk they will lose their baby fats, as long as they are not overly chubby, that should be fine.

my gal also takes 2 cereals a day, about 3 scoops of cereals each meal. At the infant care, the teachers will make sure she finish her milk, not at once though, about 150ml. Morning before she goes infant care, she will take about 100-120ml, in school about 2-3 milk feeds, come home take another 1 feed, this feed will be more before she sleeps, sometimes about 180ml, so on average about 550ml of milk in 24 hrs.

by the way, have you switch to Enfapro for your baby already? I have not, intend to do so soon.
Yes, i have switched to Enfapro, the stage2 FM, when she was 5.5month old. i didn't have enough BF at that time, so bought the stage 2 formula to top-up.
My girl takes around 300-350ml milk daytime (7am-7pm) and latches on during the night. So in total probably 500ml. As i read that milk shall be the main source of nutrition for baby within 1 year old, I would like to increase her milk intake to 600-700ml. But she just doesn't like to suck. We made 60ml FM for her this morning, she took a long time to only drink 10ml, we have to spoon feed her, and still have 5-10ml left, didn't finish all. Headache, how to encourage her to suck?

glimmerhope

Halo mummies, my son is lighter, around 7kg.. milk intake around 500ml.. now he hates porridge and will reject once he sees the bowl..
any way to encourage him to eat porridge?

Halo mummies, my son is lighter, around 7kg.. milk intake around 500ml.. now he hates porridge and will reject once he sees the bowl..
any way to encourage him to eat porridge?
My daughter is a picky eater, must keep changing the food offer to her. Initially we mixed vaggie with cereal/porridge, she took that for a few days then reject. We then separate the vaggie and cereal, ie gave her plain cereal/porridge,then gave her vaggie. If doesn't want creal, then we try porridge. If she doesn't want carrot, we try apple. Must change. Sometimes, i change spoon too.

chiqunz

hi all, is a little of soy sauce added to plain porridge ok for 7mth old? my MIL insisted to add little soy sauce so got taste to porridge.....

apollo

hi all, is a little of soy sauce added to plain porridge ok for 7mth old? my MIL insisted to add little soy sauce so got taste to porridge.....
Under 1yo shdnt start consuming seasoning and even when they are older, also try not to give too salty food.. My son was on blend food (w/o salt/soya sauce) until he was nearly 18mths old. But even I started letting him try foods with seasoning but I still will cook w/o adding any seasoning nowadays..

smallsmallhand

glimmerhope, don't have to be porridge...other grains are equally good. why not try cereal, millet, brown rice, barley, wheat etc? or heinz baby sphaghetti? we also encounter such low periods too...and we varied the foods.

JP12

What fish do u give your babies? Cod, salmon, threadfin? Do u buy from market or supermarket? In terms of freshness?

How do u prepare the green peas? Wash, blend and filter tro' the sieve? How do u do the sieve part? Jus press the blended texture with a spoon on the sieve? How effective is it to remove unwanted residue?

Do u give toufu? If want to give toufu with porridge, how do u cook it?

glimmerhope

glimmerhope, don't have to be porridge...other grains are equally good. why not try cereal, millet, brown rice, barley, wheat etc? or heinz baby sphaghetti? we also encounter such low periods too...and we varied the foods.
Thanks for the tips.. :) my bb still on cereal diet... ya nw he is down with flu so no appetite..