what you did on your baby's 1st BIRTHDAY???

Hello Mummys,
My 1st childs 1st Birthday is coming. its on the 3rd july. So My hubby and I had booked a restourent and invited some guests with kids to attend the party. Although we have tight budged, but what to do ? Its our 1st child and so we just want to celebrate every moment with him. And I am very anxious to celebrate his very 1st birthday! Is there anything else i can do for him?

And I am really curious to know what you people did? Please let me know... :):tlaugh:

Porukadotzu

hi, happy 1st birthday for your little girl!

my eldest girl 1st birthday was celebrated at home, and happened that her birthday is at august 8 so alot of our relatives can make it to the party since the next day is ndp holiday.

we thought tat at home more convenient and our relatives can come down any time, but need to set up certain timing for the cake cutting.

it was quite successful b-day party, we're having bbq party and my mother in law do some cooking to add up, i made some jelly n store lots of tidbits. We also prepare party favour for the small kids, but our relatives dun hv alot of kids.

Me n hubby decorate the place w/ balloons, and we bought a blow up pool and put those small balls for the kids to 'swim'. We also bought several blow up balloon toys (inside got small bells) with different shapes from those party supply store, use it as a decorations and giving it away as a souvenir to the kids after party is off.
In the end, some of hubby's cousins also took it home :001_302:

we start the bbq around 12 noon and my mil's finish her cooking around tat time too, and the guests start to came by around 1pm and some stayed untill very late at nite, its more like a reunion dinner hehehe..

then bigger kids play wii, smaller kids got their own small playground, elders talk talk talk, the rest aunties n uncles eat eat eat :001_302:

i talk to my hubby previously, i dun wan anyone playing cards/mahjong during the birthday party, or else it is exactly a reunion dinner haha..

my 2nd girl 1st birthday will be on october 28, so i'm preparing some stuff again ^^

camom

For me, what I prepare depends on who're attending the party too. Considerations like if there are many children, what's the age group of the children, etc.

Hello Mummys,
My 1st childs 1st Birthday is coming. its on the 3rd july. So My hubby and I had booked a restourent and invited some guests with kids to attend the party. Although we have tight budged, but what to do ? Its our 1st child and so we just want to celebrate every moment with him. And I am very anxious to celebrate his very 1st birthday! Is there anything else i can do for him?

And I am really curious to know what you people did? Please let me know... :):tlaugh:
i;ve decided to hold it at home for my son 1st birthday on 31 July coz i read from websites that it says baby feel safest n happiest when at home and they are too young to know its a celebration for their birthday. and they still need to nap so it is better to plan only 1-1.5hrs event and when baby has finish his nap. ya i am considering to rent toys but then there will be only my son, a frd's girl who is 2yrs old and my nephew n niece who are already 10+ so it will be real weird to have a ball pool or a kid's slide. so hard to find some toys suitable for everyone. so for now, i only plan a catering at my house. but still undecided to be at 11am or 4pm coz my son naps from 1pm - 5pm if the weather is good and environment is quiet or he can be awake by 3pm n rowdy by 6pm. argh so difficult! .. haha and my hubby, any ting lo, anything lo.. so left me planning and executing it alone. btw where do you buy the birthday cake?

apollo

initially we dun even intend to gif ds any party. just wanna buy a cake and cut for him and bring him for a short getaway. but my FIL insisted if we dun wanna hav big party for him, at least have it at his place and invite his relatives, so we just follow. otuher than cake and buffet, we also get him some helium balloons. though the party wasnt a big one but he definitely enjoyed it! =)

apollo

hi Apollo,

Can i ask how much you spent on the helium balloons? and from where?

Thanks.
i bought at Parkway parade 2nd floor PARTY JOY. i bought a Pooh helium bouquet $39.90. and some normal helium balloon. i think total (include the pooh), was ard 60-70+.. =)

tpwareashley

My baby's 1st birthday is in October and I have more or less confirm to have it at Coffee Club. As baby is too young to know anything, the party would be more of a gathering for both sides of the family and our close friends...

I intend to have a Hello Kitty / Sanrio theme...hehehe...actually more of to realise my own wish...hahahah..

vinder79

My 2nd son's 1st birthday is in Aug.I am lost dont know what i wanna do .For my eldest son we had a party of abt 200+ ppl at a country club with dancing,buffet ,DJ and all the works.I was 7 mths pregnant then and i still get tired thinking abt it the only thing DS wanted was the music and to play in the water.I am so sick of these kind of meaningless parties.I feel that its more to entertain the adults then him.
nOW DON'T know what to do for No2.I want to calebrate it but i want my baby to enjoy it as well.Any ideas??Has anyone done a party with swimming pool theme??

i;ve decided to hold it at home for my son 1st birthday on 31 July coz i read from websites that it says baby feel safest n happiest when at home and they are too young to know its a celebration for their birthday. and they still need to nap so it is better to plan only 1-1.5hrs event and when baby has finish his nap. ya i am considering to rent toys but then there will be only my son, a friend's girl who is 2yrs old and my nephew n niece who are already 10+ so it will be real weird to have a ball pool or a kid's slide. so hard to find some toys suitable for everyone. so for now, i only plan a catering at my house. but still undecided to be at 11am or 4pm coz my son naps from 1pm - 5pm if the weather is good and environment is quiet or he can be awake by 3pm n rowdy by 6pm. argh so difficult! .. haha and my hubby, any ting , anything .. so left me planning and executing it alone. btw where do you buy the birthday cake?
hii,
i order the cake from bangawan solo... their kids cake collections are quite nice and the price is ok... (mine is expensive.. $160) coz i had to get 4 kg... lol...

hii,
i order the cake from bangawan solo... their kids cake collections are quite nice and the price is ok... (mine is expensive.. $160) coz i had to get 4 kg... lol...
we ordered a mickey mouse theme cake with mickey mouse lego toys, 2kg for $180+ from a neighborhood bakery but strongly recommend by colleague, its call smiling orchid. hope it will turn out fine. we will collect it on 31 july and i tink i will do a hi tea style buffet at 3pm - 6pm.

DodoTan

We took our son to Sentosa Underwater World. He loved looking at the fishes. Then we ended the day at Vivo City. He had so much fun, he fell asleep in the car on the way home.

nsync_su

I celebrated my daughter's 1st birthday in one of Batam's resort. She gets to swim whenever she wants as the resort was low season so not many guests. We went there juz 3 of us.. It was fun!

ramirez

Alpha Male
We had a party in our backyard. Had lots of food and drinks and a giant cake. It was a design theme, and it was awesome! Of course, my son had no idea what was going on most of it, other than he was getting passed around a million peoples.

sancharidutta

I celebrated my daughter's birthday with that of a flinstones theme. The idea was actually taken from the TV series called "Full House". The day was a blast. Nothing hectic was done, only a small and a sober bash for my baby's friends and their mothers. I actually came across this idea of not stressing much from a forum thread posted by Granny Nanny. Check here: Baby's first birthday - Showers and Parties

Wendy1982

I celebrate my baby birthday in our home, even just only at home i buy only balloons, cakes and food for the children. in this age they don't need many food, they like only many decorations and games, that's only make them happy memories together.