What you mummies eat during preg ? :)

serendipity

"Ren Sheng" cannot take during pregnancy cos it is a strong herb, but you can take "Pao Sheng". Some tonics are meant to be taken when our body is healthy and strong, but since pregnancy is taking a toil on our body, I've not sure how healthy and strong we can be. One man's meat is another man's poison. Everything in moderation lah.

I last hear if you are expecting a boy, choose milk over soymilk. The latter might cause infertility.:wong16:

shopaholic

I eat as per normal and also what I crave for. Yes, I had ice-cream... Haagen Daz and Ben & Jerry's are my favs! I also took sashimi occasionally as they are rich in fish oils, but of cos, there's are concerns with uncooked food, so I only eat those from reputable restaurants/hotels.

As for fruits, I eat anything ... from durians, oranges, pears to water melons. In fact, as much as the chinese believe water melons are not so good for preggies, I esp crave for them during pregnancy. So I take them moderately.

ANyone eat roti prata with curry? i have huge craving for spicy and curry stuff..almost eating roti prata for supper every night.
Eh my mother in law forbids me to eat mutton but i accidentally ate mutton curry last night, usually the prata shop gives fish or chicken curry except yesterday...*guilty*

ANyone eat roti prata with curry? i have huge craving for spicy and curry stuff..almost eating roti prata for supper every night.
Eh my mother in law forbids me to eat mutton but i accidentally ate mutton curry last night, usually the prata shop gives fish or chicken curry except yesterday...*guilty*
Interesting. My mum also said mutton no-no, I wonder why.

I would get diarrhoea when I take spicy food like sambal chiili with nasi lemak.

Renzie

They say mutton no-no, but its ok to take beef, help to warm up your body. According to my mom, she took alot of fruits, vegs and beef when she was pregnant with me, (thus she loves saying that when I was young I hardly fell sick)

I ate roti prata with curry a number of times. If you accidentally eat mutton curry, should be alright, since its not as if you eat it frequently anyway. I'm alright with spicy food.

I got quite sick of drinking only plain water, milo and ovaltine, so hubby bought a bottle of Ribena Syrup for me. In the end, my in-laws say its not so good to drink it often, as Ribena is very "cooling", honey also. Thus they advise me to limit my intake of those drinks to about 2 times a week. ARGH, during days when its hot, its a torture!

Ya, I heard about watermelon also, my in-laws also ask me to limit my intake of that, instead ask me to drink more papaya milk and carrot milk. According to them, papaya milk makes the baby's skin super smooth and soft. haha.

didn't know so many of you limitting intake for ribena, actually my gynae told me to drink ribena when i had terrible morning sickness thus from 10-18weeks almost everyday drank it. bought those ready made but less sugar one.

Dunno why..Ribena seems too sweet for me now..i get a lot of phlegm now that i drink my "used-to be" fav ribena...*sigh* every drink ovaltine, milo, horlick till sianz.

Now got huge craving for dragon fruit(the purple color one) and mangosteen! Dunno if can eat or not. :(

Renzie

littlemoomoo
Did you get those ready made ones? I don't really like those, I prefer the syrup type, at least I can adjust how sweet/diluted I want it to be.

They still allow me to drink those "liang" teh, like barley, luo han guo, but not very often, only when we go out and eat. but coconut juice is out of bounds.

Poor littlemoomoo, so it seems what my mum said about grapes or ribena is right. She had claimed that they would produce alot of phlegm.

I thought mangosteen is considered 'liang', no?

My Grans (who produced 8 healthy children) said the best policy is neither heaty or cooling stuff..During confinement, then warming stuff..lol~

littlemoomoo
Did you get those ready made ones? I dont't really like those, I prefer the syrup type, at least I can adjust how sweet/diluted I want it to be.

They still allow me to drink those "liang" teh, like barley, luo han guo, but not very often, only when we go out and eat. but coconut juice is out of bounds.
Ya i took those packet ribena..too sweet.
i tot it is quite weird for me to have phlegm as i asked my friends who were pregnant b4 and non had this symptom.
Take very little sweet stuff..i guess tats why i always feel fainty due to lack of glucose?

Now trying out sweet potato and sweet corn as alternative.

Littlemoomoo:nah:

Renzie

littlemoomoo

my inlaws recently forbade me to drink ribena too frequently. haha. They say its too "cooling", maybe that's why you have phlegm?

Don't really like those packet ribena, find it abit sourish. I have a sweet tooth, so doc advise me that its alright to eat sweet stuff, but not the whole lot at 1 go. Thus hubby is now rationing my Amos Cookies. haha.

Do you feel faint most of the time or when you bend up / get up and down too fast? Perhaps you can also try to take in more fruits? Fruits also have sugar in them.

littlemoomoo

my inlaws recently forbade me to drink ribena too frequently. haha. They say its too "cooling", maybe that's why you have phlegm?

dont't really like those packet ribena, find it abit sourish. I have a sweet tooth, so doc advise me that its alright to eat sweet stuff, but not the whole lot at 1 go. Thus hubby is now rationing my Amos Cookies. haha.

Do you feel faint most of the time or when you bend up / get up and down too fast? Perhaps you can also try to take in more fruits? Fruits also have sugar in them.
Hi Renzie,

Thanks for your advise...me also got craving for famous amos cookies, my hubby already ban me on it coz i snack too much. :001_302:

I usually feel fainty at crowded places when there seems to be lack of air, underground basement carparks are the worst for me..when i get up or bend up/down also will black out a while. Dunno why also...

Little Moomoo

Renzie

littlemoomoo

It could be the lack of oxygen in those areas which causes you to feel faint. Maybe you can try avoiding going to such areas or going to do your shopping when its not so crowded? As for bending up/down, just do it slowly, don't do it too fast.

Maybe you could try just carrying some sweets around in your bag, so when you feel faint or something, at least you have some sugar around

littlemoomoo

It could be the lack of oxygen in those areas which causes you to feel faint. Maybe you can try avoiding going to such areas or going to do your shopping when its not so crowded? As for bending up/down, just do it slowly, dont't do it too fast.

Maybe you could try just carrying some sweets around in your bag, so when you feel faint or something, at least you have some sugar around

Thanks Renzie,
Now i am avoiding to go to crowded places alone as i dunno when i will feel fainty. :001_302:

luvmelody

Hello!!

BF: Veggies/fruits smoothies daily must have + a slice of bread or bun from bakery store & daily prenatal multi-vit & calcium & fish oil.
Teabreak: A sandwich or munch on some cookies/cut fruits
Lunch: Foodcourt/hawker center
Teabreak: Cookies or buns
Dinner: Eat out or homecook dinner /cut fruits

I have no cravings for sweet stuff like ice cream or chocalate yet. I hate junk food like burgers or pizza and I avoid soft drinks completely which is good. Good alternative to soda will be sparkling mineral water (I drink perrier w a slice of lemon) cos it helps digestion & heartburn. I kinda like sour stuff like sour plum too cos sometimes I tend to eat too much & helps to curb neasea. So far I am in my 5th month and I have gain about 3 to 4kg. I felt pretty good with minimal pregnancy symtoms and have regain most of my energy back. I am glad that I can now go back to the gym to do some light exercise like cycling or brisk walking. :)

Make a pregnancy ticker

NIisme

as im staying outside. so i cant cook much and i dont really know how to cook as well. =P

so i also tabao rice back home to eat.
almost everyday same food.
and maybe some breads. (i prefer to eat just bread with nothing.)

i know not very healthy. but.. oh well.. no choice ya.. =)