Which school u from ?

eileenpxp

The study of English Language at NUS is just using the English Language to study and understand linguistics in general rather than just English per se. :) There are people who take up English Language as their major and their language proficiency is quite bad.. hehe...

Anyway, I was a JC teacher so I had to deliver lectures now and then.
i used to take english lang as my first year module..found it super boring...dropped it without hesitation 2nd year...super technical..fared the worst amongst all my subjects anyway :)

i majored in Econs and Political Science .....

how u ppl coping with motherhood presently?

I have 2 kids...1st one taken care by mother in law...now shopping for a maid ...any good agencies to recommend?
:eek:

snowbear

i used to take english lang as my first year module..found it super boring...dropped it without hesitation 2nd year...super technical..fared the worst amongst all my subjects anyway :)

how you ppl coping with motherhood presently?

I have 2 kids...1st one taken care by mother in law...now shopping for a maid ...any good agencies to recommend?
I'm a sahm now, no maid. Very tired out recently coz my dd's ill...

jal

The study of English Language at NUS is just using the English Language to study and understand linguistics in general rather than just English per se. :) There are people who take up English Language as their major and their language proficiency is quite bad.. hehe...

Anyway, I was a JC teacher so I had to deliver lectures now and then.
Oh, you quit to be a SAHM??? I taught GP too! But only for 2 months as I was a relief teacher. Can't stand those students who think they are so smart & when I mark their essays, their ideas are always under developed & full of awkward expressions! I wonder what did they learn in secondary school??? Tsk tsk.

jal

how you ppl coping with motherhood presently?

Wah... Econs & Political Science... Sounds 'chim' to me.

snowbear

Oh, you quit to be a stay at home mum??? I taught GP too! But only for 2 months as I was a relief teacher. Can't stand those students who think they are so smart & when I mark their essays, their ideas are always under developed & full of awkward expressions! I wonder what did they learn in secondary school??? Tsk tsk.
I'm on no-pay childcare leave :)

Last edited:

iBaby_Mum

Decided to post.
Maybe I will find some of my primary school friends! I can't even search them on Facebook as we used Han Yu Pin Yin name during those days!

Westlake Primary: 1984-1989
PLMGSS : 1990-1993
Nanyang JC: 1994-1995
NTU: 1996-2000

I think me might be as YOUNG as CanCanMum :001_302: .