Who to look after baby? mother or maid+father-in-laws?

Ah Cheng

:mconfused:

Hi. Many parents have problems with no one to look after baby.
For me, I have 2 options.

1) My mother is willing to help, but she stays quite far from me. So maybe tiring for me to send baby there in the morning, and pick baby back home everyday. My mum is saying can leave baby there and carry back alternate working days.

2) My father-in-law + maid to take care of my baby. However, my father-in-law has history of stroke, which his health condition is not very good now. He is very willing to look after baby, but I am not comfortable with it. Plus maid may not know how to look after new born baby too.

So how? Which option is a better choice?
Do give me your advise.

retrobell

you will feel more safe to leave your precious baby with someone who's able to look after newborn better than inexperience. =)

Ah Cheng

I thought so too. At least you feel more at ease when working. Knowing that someone is carefully taking care of the baby.

Ask you ya, need to give my mum money to take care of baby right?
On top of what I am giving to her monthly.
Cos my mum is quitting her job just to take care of baby.

How much do I need to give averagely?

littlerat

I thought so too. At least you feel more at ease when working. Knowing that someone is carefully taking care of the baby.

Ask you ya, need to give my mum money to take care of baby right?
On top of what I am giving to her monthly.
Cos my mum is quitting her job just to take care of baby.

How much do I need to give averagely?
Frankly, I don't think there is a hard and fast rule in how much to give.
It's all up to you lor ... as long as an amount you are comfortable with and enough to cover expenses taking care of the baby. Moreover, I don't think your mum will be very particular about this, it's all from the "heart". The baby is also her grandchild mah ...

Hope this helps. :001_302:

myangela

Frankly, I don't think there is a hard and fast rule in how much to give.
It's all up to you lor ... as long as an amount you are comfortable with and enough to cover expenses taking care of the baby. Moreover, I don't think your mum will be very particular about this, it's all from the "heart". The baby is also her grandchild mah ...

Hope this helps. :001_302:
Yes i agreed with littlerat............

:Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue:

IJmum

Hi I agree too. For yr question of who to look after yr baby, you need to ask yourself who you feel more comfortable with. Who is the one you can talk to openly about yr "expectations" without causing a strain in your relationship?

As for money, it's all up to you how much you want to give. There's no market rate for this. My mum is also quit her job to help me look after my children. I'm very thankful to her for doing that, so the amount I give her expresses my gratitude.

Hope this helps. :)

Ah Cheng

Thanks.

Of course I feel more comfortable with my mum taking care.
And I have discussed with her on the amount to give her, she say doesnt matter, any amount which I can afford to give her. Mum is the Best. Really appreciate that.

It's only when you become a mother, you really appreciate your mum the most.

Happy Mother's Day to all mummies...

IJmum

Thanks.

Of course I feel more comfortable with my mum taking care.
And I have discussed with her on the amount to give her, she say doesnt matter, any amount which I can afford to give her. Mum is the Best. Really appreciate that.

It's only when you become a mother, you really appreciate your mum the most.

Happy Mother's Day to all mummies...
I agree too. Our own mother will always say that. Mum is truly the best in the world.

xue

actualli i haf the same prob as u las time..
but i chose to let my maid take care..
coz my MIL stay very far..n we haf no transport..
so if she tk care i mayb oni get to see my ds lke twice a wk..
so i chose to employ a maid..
so far she took great care of my son...:001_302:
but of coz i stil will feel worried at the beginnin..
n even nw i will once in a while...

Ah Cheng

Ya. I guess when it come no choice, you got to trust the maid to take care. And must make sure the maid is not those blur one, must at least got some experience in taking care of new born baby.

Anyone got contacts for good confinement nanny?

Fifi

Hi,

If I were you, I would choose your mother to look after the baby. Women are definitely much better at caring that men (sorry to men out there). The men seem better at entertaining / playing with babies though.

The other reason I advice mother is coz hiring a maid is a risky thing. If you get a good one, well and fine. If you get a bad one, you would probably suffer a lot from the stress.

All these said, if you have a good maid available (one that can be trusted and has experience with infant care), then maybe you can let your mum continue with her job. More money would definitely be good in our super expensive society.

Hazel

Hi,

Alternatively, I do know of friends and cousin who gets their mother to travel to their house in the morning. There is a maid in the house as well to help out. Comes evening, mum will return back to her house. It's like working on a 9 to 5 job. This is one other option..you can consider...

-hn

Ah Cheng

I think it's easier for us to go to my mum's place as we have a car.
And my hubby start work at 8am, so if my mum will to come over, it got to be early in the morning. So we will have to drive to my mum place early in the morning, then set off to work from there.

U

usoowsin9

bestpostagemeter.com

Postage Machines, Shipping Solutions, and Postage Printers Need a postage machine but not sure which one to choose for your business? Whether you send a few or a few dozen letters or post cards a day, ship a variety of packages and parcels, or want to stand out with a custom image on your mailings C Pitney Bowes has the postage metering solution to match the needs of your small business.bestpostagemeter.com|Postage Meters|business mailing systems

leey

I think it's easier for us to go to my mum's place as we have a car.
And my hubby start work at 8am, so if my mum will to come over, it got to be early in the morning. So we will have to drive to my mum place early in the morning, then set off to work from there.

Yes, it is more convenient to have a car.
Better for 5 to 6 people in it.

but the oil price ??