Why do we need to eat UTROGESTAN 100MG ?

Bubbles83

I took that too. From 6-12weeks, 2 tabs before bedtime. Maybe taking at night won't make me feel dizzy. I had a miscarriage earlier & doc told me it's to stabalise my womb. So far I'm alright.

imethereal

my doctor only prescribed it to me when I told her I have to fly to Mexico...... for business trip at my 8th week.

I didn't take it at all because my trip has been cancelled. I believe that our own body has the power to balance whatever is needed.

Alana

hey there everyone. I really need help, I had IUI last week (on january 24th 2013) and dr prescribed me utrogestan from january 26th and she said I needed to take one pill every night for 12 nights. the thing is I started cramping on january 30th (6 days after insemination) and I went to see the doc today, I told her about this cramps and she said it was ok, it was only a side effect of utrogestan. However I see here that many people say their gyno prescribed this med to stabilize their pregnancy or even to avoid cramps...I guess you understand this makes me feel crazy, I dont know what's happening with my body, are this cramps side effect of utrogestan or what is it? any ideas???? please guys tell me something, I think I'm losing it, I need support!!!!!!!

smilem

Alana

Relax... how many weeks are you now?

I'm 33 weeks n my doc prescribe me to take utrogestan again (3 times a day) coz i have some minor bleeding.. in order to stable my bb till 37 weeks, he gave me this and another medi..

So long no bleeding = you are still safe. Different ppl react different to this type of medi. If you still feel unsure, you can go for 2nd opinon at KK hospital.

Have a good rest.. the more u tense up, the bb will feel it.. so relax and rest more.

you can email me to chat :)

hey there everyone. I really need help, I had IUI last week (on january 24th 2013) and dr prescribed me utrogestan from january 26th and she said I needed to take one pill every night for 12 nights. the thing is I started cramping on january 30th (6 days after insemination) and I went to see the doc today, I told her about this cramps and she said it was ok, it was only a side effect of utrogestan. However I see here that many people say their gyno prescribed this med to stabilize their pregnancy or even to avoid cramps...I guess you understand this makes me feel crazy, I dont know what's happening with my body, are this cramps side effect of utrogestan or what is it? any ideas???? please guys tell me something, I think I'm losing it, I need support!!!!!!!

Hi Smilem,

When did your bleeding stops (or is it still on going)? How is the flow like?

I'm at my 23rd week also have been bleeding for about a week. Mostly its dark red/brown blood but one of the day I bled fresh red blood with lots of clots. Whole pad gets soaked up in about an hr.

Meanwhile am being put on bedrest for the rest of the month and taking 2x Utrogestan twice daily plus have to go for jab once a week.

Alana

Relax... how many weeks are you now?

I'm 33 weeks n my doc prescribe me to take utrogestan again (3 times a day) coz i have some minor bleeding.. in order to stable my baby till 37 weeks, he gave me this and another medi..

So long no bleeding = you are still safe. Different ppl react different to this type of medi. If you still feel unsure, you can go for 2nd opinon at KK hospital.

Have a good rest.. the more you tense up, the baby will feel it.. so relax and rest more.

you can email me to chat :)