Will shoulders massage lead to miscarriage??

Jerlene

Hey all, I just heard of massaging shoulders can lead to miscarriage.
Anyone heard of this??? Is it True???

yakii

Hey all, I just heard of massaging shoulders can lead to miscarriage.
Anyone heard of this??? Is it True???
I didnt heard of that but then wat i know from my folks is when u know u r preggie shd avoid all massage and avoid ppl to tap and press onto ur shoulder. But then i duno wat the reason behind it

ross

hi, i've been doing shoulder & hand massage once during my first trimester and once during my third trimester. My body was aching all over, so opt for that since cannot do full massage. So far, nothing happen to me and just fine, no complication and gave birth safely. But still it's up to individual. I heard ppls say that too but i like to do things that i feel comfortable with myself. It's all in the mind, if you think nothing will happen then it won't happen..:001_302:

But i'm not sure if this will lead to miscarriage lah. I only know that my neighbour did a reflexology when she was preggy (maybe she don't know) and later got a miscarriage. but i'm not sure if that's the cause.

Harmy

Ive heard that massaging is not good, duting the 1st 3 months as the baby is at the vital developing stages and is 'fragile' so you have to take extra care in anything you do during your 1st trimester, but after that its ok to massage neck shoulders, head etc just not the stomach or back.