[[ wisdom tooth woes!! ]]

maichiang

hello pretty mummies, has anyone experience bad wisdom tooth problem whilst TBF? i was told by the dentist tt i've to stop bf for at least a week cz i've to take antibiotic..as i nid a big op done for mi wisdom tooth..

mi tooth is causing mi so much pain tt cant tahan bt on n off,it tiggers..

am hesitant cz i wan2 bf for as long as possible..mi boi is onli of 6mnth plus..way too early for mi to stop TBF..has anyone been able to get back ur milk supply after a week of not giving? any advices??? thankQ!

ast0212

Maybe you could check with a pharmacist about the antibiotics you are going to take? I talked to a pharmacist friend about this recently and she advised that most antibiotics are breastfeeding safe... but do check with your pharmacist on your particular antibiotic to be safe.

As for breastfeeding after the surgery, I doubt you will need to stop at all! This article may help explain:

kellymom.com :: Dental Work and Breastfeeding

maichiang

hmmm..seems like another option..bt i am alr latchin on..so in order for mi to do tt,i've to pump while latching on rite? is it possible to haf so much milk n wont i haf over supply of milk when i stop pumpin n latch on only??

ast0212

hmmm..seems like another option..bt i am alr latchin on..so in order for mi to do tt,i've to pump while latching on rite? is it possible to haf so much milk n wont i haf over supply of milk when i stop pumpin n latch on only??
I guess if you pump and dump your baby will adjust your supply once you start latching on again with no pumping. It takes a day or two for your breasts to adjust to your baby's needs. :)

Hope it goes well!