Would u pay mkt Commission?

Angelmum

Would u pay mkt Commission ie 2% for seller and 1% for buyer?

Would u nego for better comm rate b4 engaging their services?

firstimer

Alpha Male
Would u pay mkt Commission ie 2% for seller and 1% for buyer?

Would u nego for better comm rate b4 engaging their services?
Well,its all depends on the service that the agent provide to you.

For my instance, we paid my agent 2% for selling and 1% for buying thru him.Cos he provide us the kind of good service that we want. Selling and buying thru him is def the best....:Dancing_wub:

Angelmum

For my instance, we paid my agent 2% for selling and 1% for buying thru him.Cos he provide us the kind of good service that we want. Selling and buying thru him is def the best....:Dancing_wub:
read poor svc also demand high comm
1 agt frm Propnex told me he usually charge 3% :eek:
I told him no such law in SG re: 2%, up to us to nego n agree with agt. Want my biz, accept my terms

firstimer

Alpha Male
read poor svc also demand high comm
1 agt frm Propnex told me he usually charge 3% :eek:
I told him no such law in SG re: 2%, up to us to nego n agree with agt. Want my biz, accept my terms
This is wat we call the black sheep in the market. Becos of such agent, its really spoils the image of the other agents in the market....

Angelmum

This is wat we call the black sheep in the market. Becos of such agent, its really spoils the image of the other agents in the market....

beware of agt, afterall the are money motivated ppl.
btw, I have been warned not to sign any blank forms agt provides.

Got a Propnex agt cyco me sign exclusive. I said No n indicated I'm only giving 2% incl gst, he said he normally charges 3%. He even pulled out 2 issues of Readers' Digest featuring Propnex winning consumer award.

There are many agt to sell for u even u didnt sign exclusive. Just be sincere and assure them u don't mind pay 2% if property sold as per yr pricings. You can even prepare a short note as assurance but DON't sign THEIR excl form!

Personally felt those who start pulling testimonials, cert, company advert, sales achievement to make u sign exclusive are really not that ideal ... they tend to be more stubborn and arrogant. They even decide yr selling price w/o yr interest in mind ... eg that irritating ERA fly..... lucky nvr sign exclusive although he showed got great achievement. Lucky managed to pull HB out. He was so tempted.

Few days ago, an aunty ERA agt came over to co-broker with my agt. She doesnt know anything yet want to pretend she knows a lot about my hse. I didnt change my storeroom location, she said I changed ... Said my hse so small, others got 100sqm. I said 4NG and 4A model different, she asked what's 4NG .... like that can be agt? Faint!

Last edited:

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
Angelmum said:
Few days ago, an aunty ERA agt came over to co-broker with my agt. She doesnt know anything yet want to pretend she knows a lot about my hse. I didnt change my storeroom location, she said I changed ... Said my hse so small, others got 100sqm. I said 4NG and 4A model different, she asked what's 4NG .... like that can be agt? Faint!
You also say it's auntie liao lor.
If I were you, I would have chased her out of my doors for being such a disgrace to her profession.
:rofl: :rofl:

Oppsgal

Try selling flat unit by your own. Usually buyers got their own agent. If agent ask you give commission then chase them away. They are acting on behalf of buyer. If also act for seller then will have double commission for doing nothing much. Plus have confusing interest for both parties.

Buying hdb unit then use your agent as buying need to view house, so more troublesome.

Then try negotiate with your agent till 1-1.5% as commission. :tlaugh:

babylemon

Actually if it is the same agent acting for seller and buyer, he wont be just doing nothing. He will have to negoiate till both parties agree on the price of the flat. He will have to do paper work for both sides and appear during the hdb appt. Of cos I have also heard of some black sheep who spoil the mkt. But now it is pretty common to 'sue' the agent if he do hangy panky biz during the transaction.

When I bought my flat I also paid comm to my agent as he managed to get a price that I was willing to pay and of cos, the flat that I wanted. After all, if it is good service, they should be paid for the work that they do.

Try selling flat unit by your own. Usually buyers got their own agent. If agent ask you give commission then chase them away. They are acting on behalf of buyer. If also act for seller then will have double commission for doing nothing much. Plus have confusing interest for both parties.

Buying hdb unit then use your agent as buying need to view house, so more troublesome.

Then try negotiate with your agent till 1-1.5% as commission. :tlaugh:

Oppsgal

For me I think when buying hdb flat then need agent to source out the right price and area. When selling, you have what price you would want to sell in mind, advertise the own unit and wait for buyer's agent to approach.

Paperwork is simple unless don't understand English. Even so, can always check with hdb staffs for help.

No point spending few thousands for filling up paper.

Actually if it is the same agent acting for seller and buyer, he wont be just doing nothing. He will have to negoiate till both parties agree on the price of the flat. He will have to do paper work for both sides and appear during the hdb appt. Of cos I have also heard of some black sheep who spoil the mkt. But now it is pretty common to 'sue' the agent if he do hangy panky biz during the transaction.

When I bought my flat I also paid comm to my agent as he managed to get a price that I was willing to pay and of cos, the flat that I wanted. After all, if it is good service, they should be paid for the work that they do.

++eLaiNe++

i just bought a 3 room flat..
my agent taking 1% commission from us..
but knowing we actuali quite tight in fiance problem he give us discount..
so is lesser than 1%..

i tink some agents they can discuss wif..
some wont reali take 1 to 2% actuali..
u can try yr luck...

Gem2505

i paid less than 1% to my agent too. he was quite lucky thou.
i viewed more than 30units from different agents.
this agent 1st time bring me only, nx day close deal.
lucky.