Y is my breast milk looks transparent white.. not pure white?

my bb is 3wks old.. i feed him every hr bt he ends up crying each time b4 feed. i tot hes hubgry bt he end up vomiting all out aft feeding.. my milk is alot bt it doesnt look pure white.. it looks watery n nt thick.. why is tt so.. i drink lots of water n milk.. i dnt 1 2 give up.. im rather tired cause he wakes up every hr at nght n in the day ive gt a 4yr old n 2yr old 2 look aft.. kindly advice me.. thanks

if your milk looks transparent/thin - it probably means that you have more foremilk (more sugar, more water). do you empty the breast when you express? the richer hindmilk (more fat, more creamy) only comes towards the mid/end of each expressing session. and it's needed to help bb last longer between each feed.

also the milk will have different creaminess throughout the day (usually creamier in the morning), and from day to day. so don't worry too much.

i drink annmum in the morning, fresh cow milk at night.. n in between i'l drink milo n lots of water.. my baby burps each time aft feed.. no i dont express my milk.. i jus let him dring cause my breast engorge very fast.. So i assume he's full.. bt wht worries me most is its transparent white n nt milky colour of thick..

Last edited:

DodoTan

it's only been a few weeks. give it some time. as long as your baby is gaining weight and pooping and peeing enough, it should be ok. breastfeeding is tough. if baby not gaining weight or pooping and peeing enough, then you should bring your baby to see a doc just to be sure. it could even be something you ate that doesn't agree with the baby.

thanks dear.. hes nw 1mth. weigh 4kg.. i think hes gaining n each time he drinks my milk, he'l pass urine n poo alot.. so i think its enough:)