Yeast Infection

Rukia

Anyone experienced that during pregnancy? I think I might have caught the yeast or maybe its just some skin irritation (cos I changed pantyliner brand)?

It feels slightly itchy and abit sore.

mosqeetoh

Hi Rukia, I think It's quite common. I'm having it too, will let my gynea know on my next visit. Eating yogurt helps! I take a few spoons of yogurt every morning, and notices improvements.
But I guess it's safer to show gynea as well, they can insert the tablet thingy if it's really bad.

Rukia

Hi Rukia, I think It's quite common. I'm having it too, will let my gynea know on my next visit. Eating yogurt helps! I take a few spoons of yogurt every morning, and notices improvements.
But I guess it's safer to show gynea as well, they can insert the tablet thingy if it's really bad.
Does drinking yakult helps?

I was planning to ask my gynae about it, but my next appoint is in 3 wk time. So I decided to see my GP first.

He gave me a Gentrisone cream to apply. Did you use that before?

yummygums

I had yeast infection and bladder infection altogether at once and its really torturing. I took alot of cranberry juice and yoghurt and it helps. Probably you can also buy the feminine wash from watsons.

Rukia

I had yeast infection and bladder infection altogether at once and its really torturing. I took alot of cranberry juice and yoghurt and it helps. Probably you can also buy the feminine wash from watsons.
Oh that must have hurt. Did you take cranberry juice without sugar? Cos i heard sugar will destroy the cranberry's anti-bacteria properties.
I ate lotsa of yogurt 2wk ago but stopped when my tummy started acting weirdly recently. I had constipation in first trimester. Now in second trimester, i seem to get lotsa gas n very soft stools. Dont think its diarrhoea cos at most i go to toilet 1-3 times per day?

Maybe i should down lotsa yogurt now. Save my tummy and kill the yeast!!

yummygums

Yes cranberry w/o sugar. Another thing is keep yourself dry down there, moist breeds bacteria. I didnt wear my underwear at home and air it.

mosqeetoh

Does drinking yakult helps?

I was planning to ask my gynae about it, but my next appoint is in 3 wk time. So I decided to see my GP first.

He gave me a Gentrisone cream to apply. Did you use that before?

Hmmm yakult sounds yummier than plain old yogurt hehe! Not sure if there's any diff between yogurt and yakult strains.
never tried applying any creams before, is the gentrisone helpful?

Rukia

Hmmm yakult sounds yummier than plain old yogurt hehe! Not sure if there's any diff between yogurt and yakult strains.
never tried applying any creams before, is the gentrisone helpful?
The cream seems to help. I applied for one day and its no longer itchy.

Can we use powder down there to keep dry? Must it be those non fragrance ones? Skin is so allergic nowadays.

Rukia

Yes cranberry w/o sugar. Another thing is keep yourself dry down there, moist breeds bacteria. I didnt wear my underwear at home and air it.
How often so u drink cranberry? Wah, dun think i can roam ard at home without underwear, will feel like a part of me is missing haha..

yummygums

How often so u drink cranberry? Wah, dun think i can roam ard at home without underwear, will feel like a part of me is missing haha..
I drank the cranberry juice with my meals.. I also didnt like the feeling but i was do desperate to get well because its so uncomfortable. And if im not wrong you cant have natural delivery if you hv infections as it moght affect the baby.

Rukia

I drank the cranberry juice with my meals.. I also didnt like the feeling but i was do desperate to get well because its so uncomfortable. And if im not wrong you cant have natural delivery if you hv infections as it moght affect the baby.
I heard about that too. I am just wondering, since i am not feeling itchy now does it mean i can stop applying the cream? How would i know that the infection has been completely cleared?