Yes! I made it to 6 months of Total Breastfeeding!

Kristham

Congrat! Hope i can make it to 6month. I'm now partial breastfeeding.. demand more than supply.. due to EBM..any tips to increase milk flow by EBM. My 2mth old baby dont like to latch on.. very fussy... and make lots of noise!!!! BTW I'm c-session.. any mummy went for a swim after the 2nd month of c-session?

snowbear

Hi mummies,
Glad to now that there are so many great mums willing to bear so much just to give our babies the best. I've been bfing for eleven months now :)
Wondering how long you ladies think babies should be bf?
Any mummies can share your experiences?

I'm letting my dd self-wean... I'm in my 3rd year of bfding (dd just turned 2 recently).

In general, I was told by the lactation consultant at KKH, bf as long as possible! :) Lotsa vitamins and minerals present in bm even after the first 2 years of life... not to mention the antibodies too!

igal_76

I'm letting my dear daughter self-wean... I'm in my 3rd year of bfding (dear daughter just turned 2 recently).

In general, I was told by the lactation consultant at Kandang Kerbau Hospital, bf as long as possible! :) Lotsa vitamins and minerals present in breast milk even after the first 2 years of life... not to mention the antibodies too!
:Dancing_wub:Wow, Snowbear, you are my idol. How do you continue to bf when you have the second one?
I am thinking if I should stop bf when I get pregnant again.

sg81hani

congratulations! i'm in my 2 mths, and i'm one of the few mums who has her period while breastfeeding. My supply has dropped, jus enough for my baby girl, but not enough to pump for reserves.i'm returning to work in 1 mth plus and kinda worried about the feeding issue while i'm away. I've ordered milk boosting tea online but haven't received it yet. Those who tried it does it really help? I'm willing to take anything just so that my milk supply is good to go!
Hope that i can at least go through 6 mths, the longer the better of course!

Mummy to Baby V

when at shop got cover almost entire aerola but pain also... now not really got cover all, is hard to cover all o....
My boy has a tiny mouth, so I found it hard to cover all too. In first week, nipple was sore and nearly cracked. Home-visit Nurse helped me to perfect the latch.

Let bb open his mouth WIDE then "stuff" his mouth onto the nipple. If needed, use fingers to make his lips flare out.

Practise makes perfect. Jiayou. :)

paperger85

I have also started my period since my gal was 4 months old. Now she is 8 month old, I'm still going strong. You must pump after she finishes drinking to trick your body into thinking that baby needs milk so that it will produce more. Jia you!

snowbear

:Dancing_wub:Wow, Snowbear, you are my idol. How do you continue to bf when you have the second one?
I am thinking if I should stop bf when I get pregnant again.
Hahaha... i'm not intending to have a 2nd one any time soon... maybe not having at all. :p

But it's possible to get pregnant while bfding and nurse both the toddler and the baby (tandem nursing) so there's no need to give up bfding just to have no. 2 unless there are complications in the pregnancy or if the gynae advises against it.

cmeilim

Hahaha... i'm not intending to have a 2nd one any time soon... maybe not having at all. :p

But it's possible to get pregnant while bfding and nurse both the toddler and the baby (tandem nursing) so there's no need to give up bfding just to have no. 2 unless there are complications in the pregnancy or if the gynae advises against it.

snowbear is right. for most mums and in most cases, unless there is medical issue or health concern, nursing moms can get pregnant (ovulation can occur even if menses have not resumed). tandem nursing also does not harm pregnant mummy's health nor compromise foetal development, provided that the usual conventional wisdom of having a well-balanced nutritious diet with plenty of fluids is followed.

heehee, i speak from reading up on tandem nursing, speaking with mums who have tandem breastfed and from personal experience now. our ObGyn confirmed what we have learnt by giving me the green light to continue nursing my #1 while carrying my #2. =) DH and I believe that it will also help to ease our boy into accepting the coming of a new sibling. Besides, he is clearly not ready to self-wean and in fact has become more clingy since i got preggie. The elderly believe that young children can sense something different when their mummies get pregnant. I guess the scientific reason could be that the taste of my BM could have changed with the hormonal changes.

camom

snowbear is right. for most mums and in most cases, unless there is medical issue or health concern, nursing moms can get pregnant (ovulation can occur even if menses have not resumed). tandem nursing also does not harm pregnant mummy's health nor compromise foetal development, provided that the usual conventional wisdom of having a well-balanced nutritious diet with plenty of fluids is followed.

heehee, i speak from reading up on tandem nursing, speaking with mums who have tandem breastfed and from personal experience now. our ObGyn confirmed what we have learnt by giving me the green light to continue nursing my #1 while carrying my #2. =) dear husband and I believe that it will also help to ease our boy into accepting the coming of a new sibling. Besides, he is clearly not ready to self-wean and in fact has become more clingy since i got preggie. The elderly believe that young children can sense something different when their mummies get pregnant. I guess the scientific reason could be that the taste of my breast milk could have changed with the hormonal changes.
Wow, Cmeilim, Congratulations!

igal_76

That's a relief to hear. I was very torn as to whether I should give up bfing since I am intending to have a second one soon. I shall persevere!! =)

irenegg

I heard of cases when mothers get pregnant while breastfeeding however i thought that should be rare because their prolactin is high. Thus pregnancy is rather impossible. Me myself reduce the number of times of breastfeeding after 6 months. Anyway, i salute those mums who gone through total bfg... thats just incredible!

My baby is 6 months today and it also marks my 6 months journey of total breastfeeding (latch on 99% of time)! Hooray :Dancing_wub:
Never thought that I could survive this far and achieve this target. Next, aiming for the one-year target so long as I still can do :)

..................................................................................................................................................................

All the best to all breastfeeding mummies!!!
Congratulations on your achievement sis..:red:

keep that up, and I'm sure your baby will grew up healthy, in both mind and body..:wong19: