Enfalac A+ AR (Infant wif regurgitation) milk. Any1 is using this milk?Pls ADVISE!

denteo

hi dear mummies,

my 7th boi boi have vomitting problem after almost every feeding. Was recommended by my PD to feed him with this type of milk -Enfalac A+ AR (infant wif Regurgitation) instead of feeding with the normal enfapro to prevent further vomitting as it will help to improve the suitation as my boi boi has Reflux problem(Any1 know/hear of tis kind of sickness actual meaning)

Can share your review of this range of milk as above if any1 of mummies has the same experience as me and is currently using this milk? and is this range of milk nutrition level is the same as the normal enfapro? pls
advise
:shyxxx:
Thank!

CDL

Re: Enfalac A+ AR (Infant wif regurgitation) milk. Any1 is using this milk?Pls ADVISE

My DD had requrgitation problems when she was a newborn so we fed her with this FM. My understanding was that it contains all the nutrients that a regular FM has but in addition it has some ground rice (which thickens the FM) and so BB doesn't bring up FM later. It worked for her after a few feeds and we got rid of the tin (was a waste as most of the FM was unused but no mummy wanted to take the open tin off me)

My advise, try and get a small tin and see how your BB takes to it. YOu may also want to play with the proportions. The proportions indicated on the tin made the FM v thick and BB doesn't drink v much. I added more water.

denteo

Re: Enfalac A+ AR (Infant wif regurgitation) milk. Any1 is using this milk?Pls ADVISE

My DD had requrgitation problems when she was a newborn so we fed her with this FM. My understanding was that it contains all the nutrients that a regular FM has but in addition it has some ground rice (which thickens the FM) and so BB doesn't bring up FM later. It worked for her after a few feeds and we got rid of the tin (was a waste as most of the FM was unused but no mummy wanted to take the open tin off me)

My advise, try and get a small tin and see how your BB takes to it. YOu may also want to play with the proportions. The proportions indicated on the tin made the FM v thick and BB doesn't drink v much. I added more water.

hi thanks 4 ur advise,

btw, shall i still continue to feed with this type of FM after he get better and feed him wif the normal enfapro after he has get well..? how long did u feed your baby (until which month since newborn) with this type of Regurgitation milk and when did your baby get well (it take how long) after start taking this milk.

thanks a lot aur advise:tlaugh:

CDL

Hi, sorry for late response.

My baby got better progressively, ie, we slowly changed the consistency of the milk and water ratio, and observed her. Eventually we felt that she was ready for regular FM and tried that - she was ok.

When we switched back to regular FM, we had only used about 1/8th of the tin.

This process of switching back to regular FM took only a matter of 1-2 weeks, partly because my baby was born early and so probably had more diff in keeping her milk down. If your baby has acid reflux, i'm not sure how long it would take for him to be better - my understand of acid refulx is that there is a muscle that prevents the back-flow of acid from the stomach. Sometimes this muscle needs time to develop or becomes weak (usually in adults due to certain food/medication) and this results in acid going up the "wrong channel". Together with the acid, some of the undigested food also comes up.

You might want to read up more. Hope your baby feels better soon!

denteo

Hi, sorry for late response.

My baby got better progressively, ie, we slowly changed the consistency of the milk and water ratio, and observed her. Eventually we felt that she was ready for regular FM and tried that - she was ok.

When we switched back to regular FM, we had only used about 1/8th of the tin.

This process of switching back to regular FM took only a matter of 1-2 weeks, partly because my baby was born early and so probably had more diff in keeping her milk down. If your baby has acid reflux, i'm not sure how long it would take for him to be better - my understand of acid refulx is that there is a muscle that prevents the back-flow of acid from the stomach. Sometimes this muscle needs time to develop or becomes weak (usually in adults due to certain food/medication) and this results in acid going up the "wrong channel". Together with the acid, some of the undigested food also comes up.

You might want to read up more. Hope your baby feels better soon!
hi really thank for your prompt reply,

i realised that this AR milk cause constipation to my boi boi, do u oso encounter de same problem? by the way, there is this rice starch added in thid milk powder, (as normal enfalac /enfapro - 120 ml = i m using 4 scoops of milk powder as followed the stardard proportion serving) , do u think i should reduce the nos. of scoops to 3 instead of 4 nos. as i think the baby will feel fuller as compared feeding wif de normal type of milk . i m feeding my boi boi now wif 120 ml wif every 3 hrs interval (wif 3 scoops of milk) , will the milk b too diluted and am i underfeeding for a 7mth baby? how much r u feeding ur baby now?

thanks for advise and sharing:Dancing_tongue:

CDL

Yes try reducing the number of scoops of the AR FM to 3 and add 1 scoop of regular FM (for every 120ml of water) - observe if your baby takes to it better. If still constipating then reduce AR FM to 3 scoops and again observe. If baby gets hungry more often I would give smaller feeds but more often - as your baby is suffering from acid reflux please check wif PD whether this is advisable for your baby.

My DD is 5 mths old and she has 1 semi-solid feed (3 scoops of Frisocrem) and drinks about 600ml of milk a day.