Bird Nest , Corcyceps? Advisable to take?

Incubator

Just bought a big bottle of concentrated bird's nest yesterday but I guess maybe I should only start drinking it in my 2nd trimester

Domique

Do not eat too much bird nest too.. if not ur bb come out a lot of phlegm...

:)

I eat a lot and heard this old folks tale and really my ds a lot of phlegm and was in intensive care for 8 hrs to monitor....

but he was ok in the end lar. touch wood...

Just bought a big bottle of concentrated bird's nest yesterday but I guess maybe I should only start drinking it in my 2nd trimester

cui_er

hw big is e bottle? cos from what Iknow, if u're taking Brands, New moon, those small bottle kind, can drink one bottle at a time. but if is those concentrated, then can seperate into twice or 3 times... And like those big bottle from Hock Hwa, u can choose to take 2 times or just take 1 bottle at a time. I took 1 bottle at a time cos I dun feel that it's very concentrated except that it just comes in larger quantity.. =)

Huh? I thought those big bottle type just need to take 1 tsp in the morning and at night? 1 bottle costs like $30 or so at least, if take 1 whole bottle at a time... wow... Maybe should check with the sales staff where u got your bird's nest. If not, no point take whole bottle when all u need is a 1-2 tsps, cos the body also can't absorb all the nutrients at 1 shot. :)

apollo

Huh? I thought those big bottle type just need to take 1 tsp in the morning and at night? 1 bottle costs like $30 or so at least, if take 1 whole bottle at a time... wow... Maybe should check with the sales staff where u got your bird's nest. If not, no point take whole bottle when all u need is a 1-2 tsps, cos the body also can't absorb all the nutrients at 1 shot. :)
those realli concentrated is $100++ per bottle which u can bearly find much water inside.. i got it as a gift from hock hwa.. the bottle is big, but water also alot.. anw, i still feel that taking those brew ones are better.. =)

cui_er

Ahh.. the concentrated ones I got from hock hua cost about $38/bottle, buy 5 free 1. What the sales guy advised was to just take 1 tsp every morning and night so I just do that la, since can't afford those super concentrated $100+/bottle one anyway. Those must taste yummy ba, slurp. >.<

ya, I agree brew one msut be best. But more ex and mafan, must know how to brew it. Can imagine taste very good, hot hot and sweet sweet. :D

pkshl

Ahh.. the concentrated ones I got from hock hua cost about $38/bottle, buy 5 free 1. What the sales guy advised was to just take 1 tsp every morning and night so I just do that la, since can't afford those super concentrated $100+/bottle one anyway. Those must taste yummy ba, slurp. >.<

ya, I agree brew one msut be best. But more ex and mafan, must know how to brew it. Can imagine taste very good, hot hot and sweet sweet. :D
actually hor, birdnest very easy to brew. what i did was put 2 pieces of birdnest into small ceremic pot(those specially used for brewing herbs), add few pieces of ginseng & few pieces of small rock sugar & i leave it inside slow cooker to cook for abt 5-6hrs, den morning wake up can eat.

for coryceps, i put 2 bundles, add with abit ginseng & pork loin, also put into small ceremic pot, leave in slow cooker, cook overnite, mornin wake up can drink & taste very nice!

apollo

ya brew one is abit more troublesome.. esp if u suddenly wanna eat.. LOL! i personally prefer brew de becos i find those bottles one abit sweet for my liking.. =D

mami2009

Hi, I bought 2 different types of bird's nest (Golden bird nest & special grade imperial bird nest) from hock hua a few wks ago at discounted prices.. haven't eat it yet though... any gd recommendation to buy bird's nest beside hock hua?
Heard that it's good for our immune system, good for our complexion etc...

apollo

Hi, I bought 2 different types of bird's nest (Golden bird nest & special grade imperial bird nest) from hock hua a few wks ago at discounted prices.. haven't eat it yet though... any gd recommendation to buy bird's nest beside hock hua?
Heard that it's good for our immune system, good for our complexion etc...
zheng zhong ping? yu yan seng?? =)

Oppsgal

Throw the bird nest after put in slow cooker after put in water to soften it.

Let the slow cooker do the job of cooking. :tlaugh: Easier.

I have bird nest only nearer the due date.

But my bb come out dark skin.

mami2009

Hi reginakoh,
How much is it at zheng zhong ping or yu yan seng? is it bottled as well?

yes yes, heard it's good for cough n lung when taken regularly..I kept having dry cough on and off...but didn't take it so regularly..ex le..

hi oppsgal,
are both your hubby n you dark as well?

apollo

Hi reginakoh,
How much is it at zheng zhong ping or yu yan seng? is it bottled as well?

yes yes, heard it's good for cough n lung when taken regularly..I kept having dry cough on and off...but didn't take it so regularly..ex le..

hi oppsgal,
are both your hubby n you dark as well?
i usually bought from hock hwa.. =D

evelyngan

Hi I'm new here and here's my first post...

Me and my hubby are trying for a baby (we just got married last nov) I'm kiasu :tlaugh:and have been looking around for a good gynae and to eat good food.. wanna know how to buy good birdnest and how to double boil it.. any recommendation?
Hi, among the features of good bird nest is that you won't need to painstakingly clean out the feathers. Also, it is best to get those that are not chemically bleached. One simple test is that the bird nest will have some egg white smell after cooking.

To double boil, it takes about two hours. Here is a photo: SilverGlobeBirdNest7 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

However, I would recommend using a slow cooker on low heat to cook the bird nest. For instructions you may visit:
Silverglobe Bird’s Nest « Dine with Annna

The above link is a review of my product as the blogger posted full instructions on cooking :)

evelyngan

those really concentrated is $100++ per bottle which you can bearly find much water inside.. i got it as a gift from hock hwa.. the bottle is big, but water also alot.. anw, i still feel that taking those brew ones are better.. =)
I agree with you :) You can control the amount of sugar if you cook it yourself. Besides, for higher grades, you don't have to painstakingly remove the feathers and it is not hard to cook.

jenjenwongws

My gynae advised me that as long as there are no herbs/chinese medicine/tonic intake, pure bird nest is fine, and can drink anytime starting now.

seraph

recommend to take bird next cooked at home -- bottle bird nest contains preservatives, bad for baby.

I bough 1 kg raw bird nest, cooked at home in my second pregnancy. I used to take 1 tea cup every morning. baby has very beautiful skin after birth.

1 bird nest cook with 3 glass of water, with 1 piece american genseng and 1 piece red genseng. taste good and works well.

evelyngan

recommend to take bird next cooked at home -- bottle bird nest contains preservatives, bad for baby.

I bough 1 kg raw bird nest, cooked at home in my second pregnancy. I used to take 1 tea cup every morning. baby has very beautiful skin after birth.

1 bird nest cook with 3 glass of water, with 1 piece american genseng and 1 piece red genseng. taste good and works well.
Yea I agree..bottled ones would need some preservatives to enable it to be stored longer.