Feedback for Canberra / Endeavour Pri Sch

Sweet Memory

Dear Mummies,

My son is due for Pri 1 registration this yr. Need feedback from mummies whose child is in Canberra / Endeavour Pri. Thks.

yumiao

Dear Mummies,

My son is due for Pri 1 registration this yr. Need feedback from mummies whose child is in Canberra / Endeavour Pri. Thks.
Only know camberra is one of the Future schools. They will use lots of ICT stuff to help learning. They have a system to push students to improve their result.

Endeavour is a new school, some of the system may not be ready yet. However, whatever they do, they do it for the good of kids.

I know these bcoz i know the principal there. No comments which one is better.

yumiao

Thanks for the feedback, Yumiao. Hope to get more feedback from other mummies. Are u staying in Sembawang area?
Hi Sweet Memory
Actually I am not. But I set up a tuition centre in Yishun. If you are in Sembawan, I think you are going to receive my flyer soon. :) I have students from both these schools. :). When you receive my flyer, I may let you know more about my back ground. Or maybe from the flyer, you can already guess why I know the principal. LOL

Sweet Memory

Hope to receive your flyer soon. He is having English & Chinese enrichment since K1. Me now considering whether to get one to one tuition for my son when he enter Pri 1. Well, i hope he will be happy in the new pri school and not to mentioned, he has to deal and manage with homework, test, exam... And not sure whether he will get stressed.

R&I mom

hi, my boy is in Canberra nw. Good and bad cos it's only 1st quarter of the year and he's already flooded with lots of homework, test & coming exam. Realise it may be a bit stressful for him though but hopeful he'll overcome it soon. Good to prepare yr kid for Chinese if he's exposed to English most of the time as it'll be very challenging for him otherwise. My boy has been taken Chinese enrichment way before K1 but he's still quite weak. Another thing helpful is to start him early on assessment books which I feel it's very helpful. It'll help them understand the question asked and how to tackle it. No choice, the primary school nowsaday are no longer like our time...

autumn82

Hi R&I mum,

Thank you for your feedback. How are the teachers there? Did hear some comments recently...

Serious? What sort of comments?? Care to share? I'm also considering Canberra or Endeavour if I can't get my gal in another choice. :001_302:

Sweet Memory

Hi autumn 82,

While I was waiting for bus one day, a parent of Pri 2 told me the teachers keep changing and the attitude of the teacher. Another one was told my son's music class parent tat their neighbour had changed their Pri 2 child to another school as there is a drastic change in the child's attitude. With tat, my son's music class parent decided to register their child in Endeavour though they had clocked the hours for the Parent Volunteer. As I just live opp of Canberra, and looking at their past PSLE result, it is always my 1st choice in Sembawang. But i hope my child will enjoy and happy in the school.

May i know which is your 1st choice for your child?

yumiao

Hi Sweet Memory, autumn 82 , R&I Mum and other caring mums
I shall not do much advertisement for my centre in this forum. Just briefly tell you some of my background.

I was working in a one of the Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan Schools, same as the principal of Endxxxxxr Pri. He promoted me as subject head. After he left, I decided to resign and set up my own tuition centre.

My goal is to bring the technology into classroom. With help of all types of multimedia resources, let children learn Chinese in a fun way. At the same time, train students' thinking and writing with a more systematical way.

Currently, I have a few students from both Canberra and Endeavour. If you are interested, feel free to contact me with 63156737 / 96786181 / evert_ren@yahoo.com.

R&I mom

hi Sweet Memory, actually I also happened to hear similar remarks from other parents of upper primary but my belief is, nothing is 100% guarantee as it depends on the kid too. So far, I've have spoken to his Form teacher over the phone on a few occasions and she has showed care and responsibility for him. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll work well for him in this school.

autumn82

Hi autumn 82,

While I was waiting for bus one day, a parent of Pri 2 told me the teachers keep changing and the attitude of the teacher. Another one was told my son's music class parent tat their neighbour had changed their Pri 2 child to another school as there is a drastic change in the child's attitude. With tat, my son's music class parent decided to register their child in Endeavour though they had clocked the hours for the Parent Volunteer. As I just live opp of Canberra, and looking at their past PSLE result, it is always my 1st choice in Sembawang. But i hope my child will enjoy and happy in the school.

May i know which is your 1st choice for your child?
:err::err::err: I do have a fren who's daughter is in Endeavour now, pri 3.. So far from what she tells me, the sch + teachers are pretty fine. I'm looking at IJ TPY or Marymount Convent for 1st choice.. :001_302:

Merrygirl

My girl is currently in Endeavour Pri. As it is a new school, nbr of students still limited, therefore the discipline is stricter and easier to control. :). Teachers, principal and students are like a big family. I was surprise that principal knows each and every student! =)

Ottermum

hi there! my new flat'll be just opp Endeavour...think i'll enrol DS there cos it's nearer...

heard that it's very very stressful to be studying in Canberra...they gotta learn 50 or 80 words for spelling?? or something like that...

my niece told me that...her neighbour kid's in Canberra...told my niece he wanna jump down from the block liao...so stressful study's not fun at all!!!

oh dear nowadays kids so poooooor thing!!

autumn82

hi there! my new flat'll be just opp Endeavour...think i'll enrol DS there cos it's nearer...

heard that it's very very stressful to be studying in Canberra...they gotta learn 50 or 80 words for spelling?? or something like that...

my niece told me that...her neighbour kid's in Canberra...told my niece he wanna jump down from the block liao...so stressful study's not fun at all!!!

oh dear nowadays kids so poooooor thing!!
Each time?! So much??? *faintz*

Ottermum

of course i'd like DS to study in a better school but if it's too stressful for him it affects us as well isn't it??

whenever they exam we stress also...

serenelm

my ds1 is oso in canberra pri, P1 tis yr... so far, he oni has 10 words for spelling each week (both chinese n english)... homework on average is 1 worksheet (1-5 pages) each day, sometimes for oni 1 subject or 2 subjects at most...

but he did get a P1 vocab list of 200 words or so during term 1... tink it's the new words to be learnt for the whole of P1...

the oni weird thing is he told me tt he has 2 different teachers for his english or maths (i can't recall it's for which subject)... so for every Mon and Fri, it wld be 1 teacher and then from tue-thu, it wld be another teacher... weird hor?

as for the constant changes in teachers, i tink it's pretty common nowadays... my nephew (studying in river valley pri) oso constantly change teachers...

R&I mom: which class or level is ur child in? mine's in Care 1...

yumiao: can email (serenelm@hotmail.com) or give me more details on ur tuition ctr's progs? i'm thinking of letting ds1 attend english tuition cos his comprehension is atrocious...

kiddomummy

yumiao: Can email me at kiddomummy@yahoo.com.sg

I would like my son to go for chinese classes.

He's only K1, he has extra chinese lesson in his childcare, but its not enuff.... :err:the way he speaks it, its like a hongkonger,sometimes like an angmor! OMG, faints....:elvis:

My mum stays in Yishun, so its quite convenient to attend your classes...

kiddomummy

anymore more feedbacks on Canberra / Endeavour Pri Sch ?

Next year gotta enroll my monster liaoz.... really headache...

Actually mummies, does any of you think:

" Enroll kid in a better school is a better headstart or schools near to house is more practical/convenient?!? "

I am even planning to shift to a place near the school of my choice....
Sometimes i wonder, am I over-doing it....hai...
But after talking to mummies I know, I realised many are doing the same...

I stay Sembawang, but schools here are limited, Yishun has a wider choice, if not its all the "ATAS" schools....
I didnt know its such a headache.....:nah::1err::tconfused: