Which brand Breast pump to buy?

Feliz

Hi all experience mummies,:Dancing_wub: care to share with me wat type or wat brand of breast pump (manual/electric) should i get? shld i buy 2nd hand or 1st hand? hmm.. n if 2nd hand,anyone selling here?.. thanks..

pigletif

i bought a 2nd hand manual one cos i don knw whether will i go back to work or not. And also whether do i have enough milk to breast feed or not.
i am not willing to spend few hundreds $ to buy a electric one unless i am confident.

camomile

can i ask where did you get the 2nd hand one? ... and does anyone knows which is the brand that you are using and felt its good...you will recommend?

Feliz

can i ask where did you get the 2nd hand one? ... and does anyone knows which is the brand that you are using and felt its good...you will recommend?

Actually in ebay u can get Avent or medela for 2nd hand but i don dare to buy yet cos i worried that it wil not suit me.. so waiting for recommandation before i buy.. =)

pigletif

in this forum also got ppl selling. avent brand also quite good.
actually is reali individual one .. mostly i saw ppl recommand those electric one cos its pump faster and ur hand won't ache.

Feliz

in this forum also got ppl selling. avent brand also quite good.
actually is reali individual one .. mostly i saw ppl recommand those electric one cos its pump faster and your hand won't ache.

but i heard electric one more painful.. issit true?

pigletif

but i heard electric one more painful.. issit true?
hmmm.. don think so... maybe is the model. some electric one even do massage before it pump.. saw reviews that maybe it is medela brand, but some of their models also not that good to use.
actually if u r confuse on which one to get, u can wait till after birth than buy. Can get the nurses to recommand too.

Feliz

hmmm.. dont think so... maybe is the model. some electric one even do massage before it pump.. saw reviews that maybe it is medela brand, but some of their models also not that good to use.
actually if you are confuse on which one to get, you can wait till after birth than buy. Can get the nurses to recommand too.

Hmmm.. sound like a good idea.. but im afraid aft give birth i will be so busy n tied up wit baby so no time to go out also.. hehehe.. will consider n read more comments abt e breast pump first.. Thanks anyway!...:001_302:

pigletif

don worry about no time. Cos u can get it straight after u discharge.
if u give birth kkh, can get it from their pharmacy as they have more choices.

Feliz

dont worry about no time. Cos you can get it straight after you discharge.
if you give birth Kandang Kerbau Hospital, can get it from their pharmacy as they have more choices.

but if get it frm their pharmacy will be more expensive uh??

pigletif

but if get it frm their pharmacy will be more expensive uh??
heard that kkh pharmacy selling price not that expensive.
Exactly the price of all breast pumps are the same throughout those shopping malls. Some individual store may sell llike 10% lesser. same goes to the breast feeding org. Can get from them like 10% cheaper.

chiro

i only started using pump,when my son was in hospital.. I started on medela mini electric and bot mini electric plus when i started work.

My frens say medelafree style is good..

Now robinsons n isetan havin sale.. Maybe u wanna go there check it out first..

Triquetra

Has anyone tried Avent single electronic breast pump?
Any comments about this product? Does it make a lot of noise?

I am currently using a 2nd hand Medala electronic pump, it doesn't really suit me and I find it quite noisy.

Harmy

I just recently bought the Avent one (manual), if you go to Kiddy Palace they have a pretty good deal now, the pump and 5 storage bottles and one big avent bottle for $85 usualy price is around $120.

sufeit0115

Has anyone tried Avent single electronic breast pump?
Any comments about this product? Does it make a lot of noise?

I am currently using a 2nd hand Medala electronic pump, it doesn't really suit me and I find it quite noisy.
Hi Triquetra, which model of Medela electronic pump you are using now? cos still wonder whether i should buy the Mini electric or swing model...:err:eek:r Avent?

Jmumi

medela is good. i had this swing electric one but be prepared for accidents.. lol.. since i'm 1st time mummy & a 1st time daddy..he tried to help me hold & on the pump but some how my nipple was not placed properly into the suction area.. but i know anything..MY NIPPLE was being sucked in and it's strucked!! so painful...*sob*sob* then medela had this function on the level of suction, he didnt know which button is to off and he push the "suction button"... I was so HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let you imagine the pain... lol
i swear i hate him forever for that!!!!!