Maternity Leave

rzroza78

Dear Mummies, how u all count maternity leave by weeks or by days including Sat and Sun or by month? I took 12 weeks full maternity leave and 4 weeks flex. Started maternity leave on 3 aug, not sure goin back to work 3 nov or 26 oct, pending for office to check with MCYS..sigh..Kindly share with me..Many thanks in advance..

diymummy

Go by weeks.

So if you took on 3rd Aug, at the end of 12 weeks, you should be reporting to work on 26th Oct.

For your flexi 4 weeks, it will equate to 20 days leave if you're on a 5-day work week.

jxmummy

Dear Mummies, how you all count maternity leave by weeks or by days including Sat and Sun or by month? I took 12 weeks full maternity leave and 4 weeks flex. Started maternity leave on 3 aug, not sure goin back to work 3 nov or 26 oct, pending for office to check with MCYS..sigh..Kindly share with me..Many thanks in advance..
Hi Mummy,

as for my case, for the 1st 8 weeks, it includes Sat and Sun (56days). then for the last 8 weeks, it doesn't includes(40days). hope it helps =)

Lynnie

Dear Mummies, how u all count maternity leave by weeks or by days including Sat and Sun or by month? I took 12 weeks full maternity leave and 4 weeks flex. Started maternity leave on 3 aug, not sure goin back to work 3 nov or 26 oct, pending for office to check with MCYS..sigh..Kindly share with me..Many thanks in advance..
Different companies have their own regulations, the one set by the government is the guideline. Hospital gave me mc of 120 days, but i check w my HR and she says we go by months. Gave birth on 31st May so went back to work on the 1st Oct.
If i go according to the government regulation, i'll need to be back at work mid Sep.
Think check with your HR to be certan what your company practice.

chelle

My co is by days, including Sat/Sun & Public Holidays!
Best is to check with your HR how they calculate!

Fadeela

Im taking 3 month first... this is how they count 12 week x 7 days = 84 days.
count in incl sat sun public holidays....
Im going on maternity on 26/10 be back at work on 18/01/2010

Dear Mummies, how you all count maternity leave by weeks or by days including Sat and Sun or by month? I took 12 weeks full maternity leave and 4 weeks flex. Started maternity leave on 3 aug, not sure goin back to work 3 nov or 26 oct, pending for office to check with MCYS..sigh..Kindly share with me..Many thanks in advance..
i agree with diymummy, its the same basis for counting for my company and should apply the same for all companies because this is govt regulated.

i start my maternity on 31 july so i shld be back in office on 23 oct. coz i am on 12 wks n 4 wks flexi (=20days) to be used before next yr july.

shahshah

hi may i know,you said doc gave 120 days of mc,did u go back to work before you give birth or u continued to maternity leave after mc and did they take your mc and convert to maternity leave earlier before you give birth?
Different companies have their own regulations, the one set by the government is the guideline. Hospital gave me mc of 120 days, but i check w my HR and she says we go by months. Gave birth on 31st May so went back to work on the 1st Oct.
If i go according to the government regulation, i'll need to be back at work mid Sep.
Think check with your HR to be certan what your company practice.