Baby Ethan arrived on 8 Oct 09

joeyz

Hi all,

Just want to share the joys & happiness of the new addition member.

All the best to those mummies to be! JIAYOU!!!! :)

Last edited:

hakisumi

congrats joeyz mummy...
gong xi gong xi....

baby ethan cant wait to see you~~
w/o epidural?? u are good~!!!!!!!

saw ur last post abt water bag burst......

how's ur stay at Mt A.. can share ?

joeyz

congrats joeyz mummy...
gong xi gong xi....

baby ethan cant wait to see you~~
w/o epidural?? you are good~!!!!!!!

saw your last post about water bag burst......

how's your stay at Mt A.. can share ?
I'm now still in hospital, will discharge tomorrow 12noon. My stay here has been awesome. The nurses, paediatrician, lactation consultation...all have been very helpful and supportive. Only discomfort here is the bed (but all hospital bed the same) as they're using waterproof rubber mattress & pillow. I find it extremely HOT. I dont knw how those mummies can sleep with their curtain close (where aircon will not able to ventilate thur). Stay in a 4-bedder room. Confinement Meal for lunch & dinner, they will have double boiled soup for sure which i enjoyed. Breakfast you can choose western, chinese or porridge (chicken, pork or fish). I usually had fish porridge.

By the way, Mt. A will gv you a goodie bag as a token when you stay with them. A diaper bag, an OX gold coin frm wyeth and some misc items..

Now i need to really work hard on BF... as i have not had any milk flow yet, the lactation consultant told me to try to pump every 3hrs, each breast 5mins for 3 sets.. 30mins in total. Must also do it at night, latest by 4-5am orelse the milk flow will not be regular. My challenge not only on breastmilk but also having inverted nipple, Ethan has difficulty latching on... but i must persist!!! Either pump it or try to let Ethan latch on.

Feliz

WOW!! natural w/o epidural? u so strong!! i hope when come to my turn, i would be as strong as u.. Take care n Congrats!!

autumn82

Congrats darling & welcome to motherhood!!!! Rest well ya! :)

Do post some of your lil' darling's pic soon too~~ :)

p00h84

Hi all,

Just want to share the joys & happiness of the new addition member, Prince Ethan.

I check into the hospital at 7am cos i suspect my waterbag broke, doc came and see me at 8am to check and he confirmed that my waterbag indeed broke. So they put me on drip, didnt feel much discomfort (initial contraction like menses pain) and can still endure the pain and discomfort. At about 11am, pain getting more intense as nurse have constantly increase the level. I request for laughing gas. At 11.30am, nurse came in to check my dilation only to knw i've only dilate 1cm so far (8am - dilate 2cm). Nurse suggested the thigh jab which will help to relax the muscles and ease some pain, which i agreed. She took the jab about 12pm and also to increase the drip level once again. Well, i didnt find it ease the pain probably due to the increase. I still using the laughing gas, the pain getting more and more intense by 12.30pm till i cannot take it anymore. I told my hubby to inform doc that i feel that baby is coming out. He checked and saw baby head coming out and quickly press the bell. Doc & nurses came shortly and tried to assist me.. At one point i was constantly breathing the laughing gas till i was almost in a trance... indeed help to numb the pain and shut my mind off for awhile. But didnt last long as i'm not suppose to keep breathing it as it will deteriote baby's heartbeat. It came so fast & quickly that within minutes, I was asked to push however, i was screaming my lung out that i wasnt pushing the right way. Nurse asked me not to scream and concentrate pushing, took her advice and try to push as if I'm having constipation. Finally managed to push Ethan out with the help of forcep.

Ethan was born in Mt. Alvenia @ 12.52pm.
He weights at 3.505kg, 52.5cm.
Normal delivery w/o epidural

All the best to those mummies to be! JIAYOU!!!! :)

congrats to you.. your bb have the same name as mine.. well, mine going to EDD on 02 Nov.. anyway, really admire you that you can tahan without epidural.. your first child? your whole battle process is like 6 hours.. that's quite fast..

lastly, care to share what's in the goodie bag, i mean in more detail.. so that i can know what to prepare as i'm also giving birth in MT A as well..

and also care to share with me what you bring for your hospital bag? hehe.. me still in the mid of packing..

sorry to ask u so many question..

but still congrats to you and rest well during confinement..:tlaugh: