Baby Ethan arrived on 8 Oct 09

joeyz

jia you jia you!
you still in hospital..? you log on with your hp or laptop?
back thn in hospital, now at home looking after Ethan. I so agreed with all the mummies that u wont hv enough sleep after giving birth. As i'm doing my own confinement (dad helping me to cook and hubby and i take turns w Ethan), the first night is crucial. I practically only hv 1-2 hr sleep thurout the night as i hv to constantly check on him partly our fault cos we didnt gadge the milk consumption well, the 2nd night is better as he sleep 4 hrs straight after his last feed at 1am. Phew~ Keeping my finger crossed for tonight. :x

joeyz

congrats to you.. your baby have the same name as mine.. well, mine going to EDD on 02 Nov.. anyway, really admire you that you can tahan without epidural.. your first child? your whole battle process is like 6 hours.. that's quite fast..

lastly, care to share what's in the goodie bag, i mean in more detail.. so that i can know what to prepare as i'm also giving birth in MT A as well..

and also care to share with me what you bring for your hospital bag? hehe.. me still in the mid of packing..

sorry to ask you so many question..

but still congrats to you and rest well during confinement..:tlaugh:
Hi pooh,

Thank you very much. Cool to knw another mummies having same name as my son. :)

Dont worry about asking questions cos it's thur asking thn you get to learn and understand and beside, i am most willing to share with all mummies.. :D

Goodie bag: For my understanding, there's a Mt. A diaper bag inside got wyeth gold coin, Mt. A diaper changing mat, Mt. A receiving blanket, mustela pkg (50ml no-rinse cleansing fluid for face and diaper area & 10ml vitamin barrier cream). Another come in a plastic sealed package inside contain kodomo pkg (100ml laundry softener, 50ml shampoo & 100ml laundry detergent), dettol pkg (150ml hand soap & 50ml antiseptic germicide), 2 pcs of drypers diaper, advertisement brochures & complimentary rustic nirvana spa massage. That is what i can remember cos i've unpacked all of it.

Do remember that on the day when you are discharge, Mt. A will give you all the baby remaining item such as bath tub, wet wipes, 22pcs S size huggies diapers, Mt. A baby booklet (for your baby on all baby info). you can request them to keep milk glass bottle for you, also can request them to give you some teats & formula milk if you still do not have any milk flow.

i did not pack my hospital bag till i was about to go to hospital, haha.. well i only bring 1 set of clothing (button front pj and a skirt cos easier to pee for me. :p), cleanser, toothbrush & toothpaste (well i noticed Mt. A provide a toiletries set which include face towel, toothbrush, colgate toothpaste, comb, shampoo, showel foam so practially you dont nid to bring unless you are particular and prefer to use your own), handphone (however Mt. A provide phone even for 4-bedder and you can call in and out unlimited without any charge for local call only.) i didnt bring baby stuffs till 2nd day but you can bring 1 mitten if you want the nurses to put it on your baby during the 2 day stay in the nursery. Mt. A provide 10pcs of kotex sanitary pad (which is enough for you during your stay there, they also gv me a disposable undie to change on when i am in labour ward before they push me to my ward.

Last edited:

joeyz

Congrats joey mummy.. If only my labour is so SHORT! then I would not have taken epidural too :( !
Thank you Joanna mummy, well i almost wanted to take epi when i feel the push and extremely pain in me and as my doc told me i'm only going to deliver at 4pm, when i've a pee at the clock, it's only 12pm+. I was like WTF!!! I jus informed my hubby to call doc tat i feel like i'm abt to deliver. Actually inside my heart i was thinking, see how far my dilation go, if still halfway thur, i am going to take epi. lucky that baby really coming out. :p

joeyz

congratulation on your baby!! 3.5kg quite big baby and manage can push w/o epi! good one!!:Dancing_tongue:
yalor, i find it quite astonishing to knw Ethan is 3.5kg cos jus 1 wk ago, i went to doc for check up, he said my baby abt 2.75kg. Maybe his ultrasound outdated liao. hahaa....

p00h84

Hi pooh,

Thank you very much. Cool to knw another mummies having same name as my son. :)

Dont worry about asking questions cos it's thur asking thn you get to learn and understand and beside, i am most willing to share with all mummies.. :D

Goodie bag: For my understanding, there's a Mt. A diaper bag inside got wyeth gold coin, Mt. A diaper changing mat, Mt. A receiving blanket, mustela pkg (50ml no-rinse cleansing fluid for face and diaper area & 10ml vitamin barrier cream). Another come in a plastic sealed package inside contain kodomo pkg (100ml laundry softener, 50ml shampoo & 100ml laundry detergent), dettol pkg (150ml hand soap & 50ml antiseptic germicide), 2 pcs of drypers diaper, advertisement brochures & complimentary rustic nirvana spa massage. That is what i can remember cos i've unpacked all of it.

Do remember that on the day when you are discharge, Mt. A will give you all the baby remaining item such as bath tub, wet wipes, 24pcs S size huggies diapers, Mt. A baby booklet (for your baby on all baby info). you can request them to keep milk glass bottle for you, also can request them to give you some teats & formula milk if you still do not have any milk flow.

i did not pack my hospital bag till i was about to go to hospital, haha.. well i only bring 1 set of clothing (button front pj and a skirt cos easier to pee for me. :p), cleanser, toothbrush & toothpaste (well i noticed Mt. A provide a toiletries set which include face towel, toothbrush, colgate toothpaste, comb, shampoo, showel foam so practially you dont nid to bring unless you are particular and prefer to use your own), handphone (however Mt. A provide phone even for 4-bedder and you can call in and out unlimited without any charge for local call only.) i didnt bring baby stuffs till 2nd day but you can bring 1 mitten if you want the nurses to put it on your baby during the 2 day stay in the nursery. Mt. A provide 10pcs of kotex sanitary pad (which is enough for you during your stay there, they also gv me a disposable undie to change on when i am in labour ward before they push me to my ward.

thanks a lot.. now i know what to pack liao.. no need to pack so many stuff.. lol :wong29:

a big thank u to you... and rest well :Dancing_wub:

joeyz

thanks a lot.. now i know what to pack .. no need to pack so many stuff.. lol :wong29:

a big thank you to you... and rest well :Dancing_wub:
You are most welcome. I am sure you will enjoy your stay in Mt. A. :)

They do not have any restriction on the number of visitor and visiting hour as well which is sooo coool. Nurses and staffs there are soo helpful and friendly.
Only thing i dont like is their BED , waterproof rubber mattress.. so bloody hot for me even with a fan (i requested) and aircon (i didnt wind up the curtain like most patients did) blowing on me. But my back still sweating maybe i am 'warm blooded' . LOL :p

p00h84

You are most welcome. I am sure you will enjoy your stay in Mt. A. :)

They do not have any restriction on the number of visitor and visiting hour as well which is sooo coool. Nurses and staffs there are soo helpful and friendly.
Only thing i dont like is their BED , waterproof rubber mattress.. so bloody hot for me even with a fan (i requested) and aircon (i didnt wind up the curtain like most patients did) blowing on me. But my back still sweating maybe i am 'warm blooded' . LOL :p

their bed nt nice ah.. hmmz.. no choice, got to stay there for a min of 2 days.. u staying in 2 bedded or 4 bedded? coz 2 bedded i seldom see anyone draw curtains.. but when i passed by 4 bedded, a lot of mummies drew their curtains.

no restriction of visitors and visiting hours ah.. hmmz.. that's a plus and minus point, dunnoe got enough time to rest a not.. haha, anyway, since no restriction on visitors then can ask a lot of ppl coming down.. provided dun cause any disturbance to my neighbors.. if there's one :Dancing_tongue:

Ting

congrats to u~
my future son (if i hv a boy for #2) will be called ethan too! haha, bf loves that name, dunno why too.
:)

rest well n rmb to post pics of your handsome prince! :D

joeyz

congrats to you~
my future son (if i have a boy for #2) will be called ethan too! haha, bf loves that name, dont know why too.
:)

rest well and rmb to post pics of your handsome prince! :D
Thanks alot Ting. I like the name and meaning behind it "Strong & Firm". :)

By the way, i dont know how to post photo together with tread. Will try to figure it out.. :p