Milk recommendation for mummy who does not like milk...

xicloudix

I dun usually drink milk but since pregnant, my husband has been bugging and nagging me that I am not drinking enough calcium and nutrient and want to buy all sorts of milk for me... but since young I do not like to drink milk especially those milk powder type...

Any recommendation???

Phoebii Cheng

You might want to try soya bean drink or take calcium supplements....other foods tht has calcium like tofu....or dark gree leafy veges.....

Or if really must drink milk, then you might want to try those with flavour one like chocolate or vanilla or strawberry

Verona's

Since this is about milk , i would like to ask something :)
I was drinking Omega tin milk for quite a long time & just realised it say not suitable for pregnant women , will anything happen ? almost finish the tin ....

kenxf_03

Since this is about milk , i would like to ask something :)
I was drinking Omega tin milk for quite a long time & just realised it say not suitable for pregnant women , will anything happen ? almost finish the tin ....

how many weeks are u being pregnant?? Maybe u wanna called up ur gynae to check?

kenxf_03

I dont usually drink milk but since pregnant, my husband has been bugging and nagging me that I am not drinking enough calcium and nutrient and want to buy all sorts of milk for me... but since young I do not like to drink milk especially those milk powder type...

Any recommendation???
Hi xicloudix,

I'm also like u, dont like those milk powder hot drink! And Hb has been nagging me to drink cos good for bb.. He brought me Anmum and I find it not bad. Its not sweet and plain. Unlike other brands of milk for pregnant mummies. I tried almost all brands and find Anmum the best.

If not, u can replace with those HL milk and etc?? But becos its cold, so maybe u can drink it once every day?? Or u can also try soya bean milk?? I tried all these when I'm preggie and my DS now legs are so strong and he's really fair!

peacefulgal

You might want to try soya bean drink or take calcium supplements....other foods tht has calcium like tofu....or dark gree leafy veges.....

Or if really must drink milk, then you might want to try those with flavour one like chocolate or vanilla or strawberry
oh yes, i totally agree with you. I cant take milk too. So i resort to taking soya bean milk (but if you are carrying a boy, i heard you cant drink too much of this :p ).

Another alternative is, I also buy Anmum powder chocolate flavoured drink. And so far, i can tolerate it if i drink one cup of this at night.

kenxf_03

oh yes, i totally agree with you. I cant take milk too. So i resort to taking soya bean milk (but if you are carrying a boy, i heard you cant drink too much of this :p ).

Another alternative is, I also buy Anmum powder chocolate flavoured drink. And so far, i can tolerate it if i drink one cup of this at night.
oh not, I nv heard of this b4?? And I drank once almost every day...

Wats the reason behind this??

xicloudix

Hi xicloudix,

I'm also like you, dont like those milk powder hot drink! And husband has been nagging me to drink cos good for baby.. He brought me Anmum and I find it not bad. Its not sweet and plain. Unlike other brands of milk for pregnant mummies. I tried almost all brands and find Anmum the best.

If not, you can replace with those HL milk and etc?? But becos its cold, so maybe you can drink it once every day?? Or you can also try soya bean milk?? I tried all these when I'm preggie and my dear son now legs are so strong and he's really fair!

I can tahan HL milk the flavoured types, plain one cannot make it... but some says HL milk no gd for pregnant, it does not give us the nutrients we need.... I will try anmum see how, i scared buy already cannot take it then waste $$

ducki

I dont usually drink milk but since pregnant, my husband has been bugging and nagging me that I am not drinking enough calcium and nutrient and want to buy all sorts of milk for me... but since young I do not like to drink milk especially those milk powder type...

Any recommendation???
You might like to try this product called NUTRIFRESH. I've been drinking it every morning...from before pregnancy, during pregnancy and till now my boy already 3 months .

Its major ingredients are soy and a variety of fruits and vegetables. I find that the product reali helps in boosting my immune system too! :Dancing_tongue:

kenxf_03

I can tahan HL milk the flavoured types, plain one cannot make it... but some says HL milk no good for pregnant, it does not give us the nutrients we need.... I will try anmum see how, i scared buy already cannot take it then waste $$

Erm, does the clinic @ ur gynae's place provide samples for preggie ladies?? if yes, then maybe u can take a few pkt to try. its those small pkts type.

Phoebii Cheng

Actually, what you need is to replenish the calcium that ur bb is gg to take away frm u....my sis drank HL milk or Anlene when she was pregnant, I too took Anlene.....or sometimes soya bean drink

You should complement it with the food intake too

And don't take too much calcium too, cos' some say heaty.....

Cor

Erm, I too have not heard before that it is no good to consume too much soyabean milk if carrying a boy so what is the rationale behind that? I drank it everyday while in my 2nd n 3rd tri, my boy came out fine and fair (people can't even tell his race hehe).

xicloudix, like what most say, u can drink soyabean milk or some orange juice which are fortified with calcium. Besides calcium pills, u could try taking cheese and eating fishes with edible bones (like ikan billis and sardine). This is what most lactose intolerant MTBs take during preg.

Last edited:

kenxf_03

Hi xicloudix,

u wanna try calling this Anmum S'pore Customer Service Hotline and ask for some samples? you can check it out @ 1800 777 3005.

You may asked for original (plain) or chocolate flavour for a try. :tlaugh:

Ashbaby

My mom also did tell me not to intake too much soya bean milk esp when Im carrying a boy.

I nvr buy those Similac or Anmum, I buy HL fresh milk. Im not a big fan of milk, so I tk half a cup every other day.

Ashbaby

If die die cannot force urself swallow the milk then intake those calcium supplements to replace the the milk.

Cino

Hi xicloudix,

I'm also like you, dont like those milk powder hot drink! And husband has been nagging me to drink cos good for baby.. He brought me Anmum and I find it not bad. Its not sweet and plain. Unlike other brands of milk for pregnant mummies. I tried almost all brands and find Anmum the best.

If not, you can replace with those HL milk and etc?? But becos its cold, so maybe you can drink it once every day?? Or you can also try soya bean milk?? I tried all these when I'm preggie and my dear son now legs are so strong and he's really fair!

yeah, me too. I hate the taste of milk, even the smell make me feel like vomitting!!! But Anmum choc flav. is ok for me, not that disgusting. For the sake of my baby, I DRINK!!! hahaa...