how much does your baby weight and how tall? please share!

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
*cynn.89llaluby said:
vvb... ur sigg reject milk... but got cereal nevermind la hahahaaaaaa!!
He started rejecting milk when he was 4plus months old ... dropping an original 1000ml intake to 400ml ... & eventually 250ml, just before he turned 6 months old.

As an alternative, we started introducing rice cereal to him when he just turned 5 months old ... in the beginning, he was ok but within a week, he started to spit out the cereal whenever he's not in the mood.

We then embarked on semi-solids ... like pumpkin & sweet potato steamed, banana & papaya scraped ... still, it depends on whether he's in the mood for food or not. But when he gets hungry, he really gulps down his food including his milk!!
:beek: :beek:

*cynn.89llaluby said:
fully BM? till now?
i dint noe lehhx. lolx.. euuu dint pop out in any BM thread ? did u? dint see...today then know
I'm definitely an advocate for breast milk ... so much so that I even brought my wife to Jacqui's place, when she disclosed in NOC that she was facing problem producing the desired amount of breastmilk.

I am so involved in parenthood, also becoz I see my wife contributing so so much in her role as the "milking cow" for both my boys. When her breasts are filled full with the breast milk, there is pain ... when my lazy boys dun clear those milk & she has to express, there is more pain ... when she wants to stock up on the breast milk (filling up half the freezer of my big big fridge) & she has to express, there is again pain ... when she gets so stressed from work & has her milk ducts blocked, she has even more pain ... so, I respect the sacrifices my wife has made to fulfill her role as the "milking cow".
:embarrassed: :embarrassed:

However, as far as this forum is concerned, I'll only opportunistically expressed my encouragements for breastfeeding mummies ... even giving tips on how to eat well for maximal milk production.
But dun expect me to be advising the mummies on how to get their babies to suckle correctly etc lor.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

jellybnzw

Wow..I am getting abit worried. My bb girl was born at 38weeks at 2.8kg from c-sec due to breech and the last weigh at 2mnths was at 4.6kg...Is she small for her age?her height was 52cm..

She only takes BM but her formula nowadays does not take more than 100ml..I am worried..

ochklk

wah but carrying her is breaking my back!! also she has outgrown so many clothes nvr even got chance to wear... she is wearing mami poko m size now but can see red marks at thighs... but i just cant imagine tht at 2 mths she has to wear L size pampers!! its a bit worrying her... r u breastfeeding? my gal on breast milk occasional formula... now i try to her supplement her with some water..
I nv bf him liao...no milk...haiz...even 1st mth, each pump only 50ml, have to mix FM...For Petpet and Drypers, size S is small for him, but decide not to buy them liao, not really good, now wearing GOON Size S, cutting big, I haven try Mamy Poko yet leh...

Hee..he is so adorable...
Thank you. But he is very naughty. Now he likes to go to the kitchen and opens the doors of those carbinets. When u ask him not to do it. He will stop. But the moment u turn ur back... he starts playing with the doors again. sigh! Any ideas how to deal with him?

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
barang_square said:
Thank you. But he is very naughty. Now he likes to go to the kitchen and opens the doors of those carbinets. When u ask him not to do it. He will stop. But the moment u turn ur back... he starts playing with the doors again. sigh! Any ideas how to deal with him?
Wow ... at 8 months, he can stand on his own liao. Great job.
Close to walking soon?

My older boy also like to play in the kitchen since young ... sometimes, joining the maid in plucking bean sprouts & other vegetables.
So, instead of stopping him from playing there, I only put the non-fragile stuff in the lower level & the fragile ones in the higher level where he cannot reach.
Also, I designed my kitchen cabinets such that I dun have doors ... just drawers & drawers, big & small.
:wink: :wink:

But if you dun even want him to open those doors, then go get the safety strips (from Ikea or Kiddy Palace or MotherCare etc) ... so that you can "lock up" those doors.

autumn82

Get those safety locks. At this age, they r exploring still, so dun understand wat u're toking yet. LOL. Like mine.. -_-"

Wow ... at 8 months, he can stand on his own liao. Great job.
Close to walking soon?

My older boy also like to play in the kitchen since young ... sometimes, joining the maid in plucking bean sprouts & other vegetables.
So, instead of stopping him from playing there, I only put the non-fragile stuff in the lower level & the fragile ones in the higher level where he cannot reach.
Also, I designed my kitchen cabinets such that I dun have doors ... just drawers & drawers, big & small.

But if you dun even want him to open those doors, then go get the safety strips (from Ikea or Kiddy Palace or MotherCare etc) ... so that you can "lock up" those doors.

His motor skill is slightly more advance in the inital stage. His progress slow down now. He still can't walk but trying to stand without support.

He loves to be ard with people. So he will not go to the kitchen alone but will stick ard me at the kitchen when I do the cooking. I hope my son will join me with the plucking of veg. He probably mess up the whole thing. I usually put some of those veg that I am handling in a plastic and tie it. Then he will spend a great deal of time exploring it (hahaa... trying to open it).

Anyway he does know how to open those dresser drawer. haha.. then he put his hand in and close it.. then screaming for help. Despite that, he still keep attempt to open and close and play with the drawers.

Anyway, i guess I need to get those saftly lock ot a gate. :)

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
barang_square said:
His motor skill is slightly more advance in the inital stage. His progress slow down now. He still can't walk but trying to stand without support.
Once he achieve that, he'll be walking next ... as in open up his stride & still maintain balance. First, it's 2 steps & plonk ... then 4 steps & plonk ... then 6 steps & plonk ... etc etc. Dun miss those moments ... will forever be etched in your mind & when thinking about, never fail to bring a very big grin to my face.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

barang_square said:
He loves to be ard with people. So he will not go to the kitchen alone but will stick ard me at the kitchen when I do the cooking. I hope my son will join me with the plucking of veg. He probably mess up the whole thing. I usually put some of those veg that I am handling in a plastic and tie it. Then he will spend a great deal of time exploring it (hahaa... trying to open it).
Yes, yes ... the leaves become smaller than they should be, the stalks become shorter than they should be ... BUT they never tasted sweeter.

barang_square said:
Anyway he does know how to open those dresser drawer. haha.. then he put his hand in and close it.. then screaming for help. Despite that, he still keep attempt to open and close and play with the drawers.
I let my son play freely with drawers & doors, after I've repeatedly showed him the proper way to handle them ... at the expense of both grandparents' heart & blood pressure of course.
Humans are humans, we learn ... so the more you let him explore & experience, he'll learn how not to get his fingers snapped next time.
:laugh: :laugh:

barang_square said:
Anyway, i guess I need to get those saftly lock ot a gate. :)
Yup, I used to set up a gate near my balcony where I have a pond, with 2 forever hungry turtles in there.
But after a few times showing my son how the turtles snap at their food & how to whack their popping head with his pair of crocs, I decided it was time to remove those gates.
However, once Siggi (my #2) starts walking, I've gotta set up those gates again.
:embarrassed: :embarrassed:

kiddomummy

Dunno right place to share not, coz monster no longer a baby.....

But he is heavy to me, so wanna get some opinions.....

Birth:2.8kg
3mths: 6.1kg
6mths:7.7kg
15mths: 12kg
3yrs: 18kg
4yrs: 23kg - 115cm

He dun look overweight or fat, but his weight and height omg....:embarrassed:
Any mummy or daddy here with kids ard this age?
always got mistaken for a pri 1 or 2......:nah:

ecyss

My boy is 3 months 2 weeks old and he weights 8kg, length is 66cm. He was born 3.1kg. Recently there is a reduction in his milk intake - only took 70ml per 3 hours. Cry so loud whenever i try to make him drink more. It may be due to him already so big and hence must slow down.

jojoki

My boy is 3 months 2 weeks old and he weights 8kg, length is 66cm. He was born 3.1kg. Recently there is a reduction in his milk intake - only took 70ml per 3 hours. Cry so loud whenever i try to make him drink more. It may be due to him already so big and hence must slow down.
wow u ve got a big boy... i tot mine was big.... my bb gal 4 mths 8.7kg 67cm..

annie

dont know right place to share not, coz monster no longer a baby.....

But he is heavy to me, so wanna get some opinions.....

Birth:2.8kg
3mths: 6.1kg
6mths:7.7kg
15mths: 12kg
3yrs: 18kg
4yrs: 23kg - 115cm

He dont look overweight or fat, but his weight and height omg....:embarrassed:
Any mummy or daddy here with kids around this age?
always got mistaken for a pri 1 or 2......:nah:
hmm my girl born 2.685kg but then at 6mths she was also around 7.71(similar to yours). now she is 8mths old at 8.3kg.. height around 68cm i guess. to me she looks just nice. of cos got those bb fats but not consider fat imo. your child is tall! hehe so does he looks skinny then? cos his weight looks ok for his age though he does looks tall..

Ting

pin was born 3.2 kgs, quite a big baby too.
now she is 29 mths and weighs about 13 kgs. (i think might be heavier but last checked was arnd 12-13kgs)
height wise i think is about 80 plus cm? (hehe, never measure).
she's considered quite a big girl, cos many commented she's like 3 year old.
but i think kids will reach a age when their gaining of weight slows down. think arnd 1 year old onwards.
for pin, i rmb arnd 1 year old she was 12 kgs, then now she is still almost the same just abit heavier.
though she eats alot but she is also super active thus the weight gain but also lost.
but she looks very healthy with some baby chubbs on the appropriate place, so im contented. :)