Formula for new born

tangzcandy

hi,

Any recommended formula for new born?? my gal drink similac but cant poo poo. drink friso comfort and she is having diarrhea...

i'm so puzzled, duno which formula to change to...

1568mummy

Different babies react differently to different milk powder.
You really got to try and error.
It may be rather frustrating and you may have to give away the opened-n-tried unsuitable brands....

We tried 4 (consider lucky), before we finally found Dugro to be suitable for our babies' digestive system.

Good Luck!:tlaugh:

hakisumi

i like the dolphin so i let graham try mamex gold..luckily he's ok with it.. and the poo poo is nice nice...

or enfalac? ----> my sis is giving her daughter

Ting

your baby has sensitive tummy? why use friso comfort? friso comfort is different from the normal friso right?
pin has been on friso since NB. we nvr trial n error, first FM we tried n stick to it til now.
no problems with that.

diymummy

If your baby has sensitive tummy, you could try NAN. Either HA or Pro. HA means hypoallergenic and Pro means with probiotics.

My PD told me that NAN is one of the closest to breastmilk. My baby is on NAN HA1 from NB all the way till now on NAN HA3.

tangzcandy

your baby has sensitive tummy? why use friso comfort? friso comfort is different from the normal friso right?
pin has been on friso since NB. we never trial n error, first FM we tried n stick to it til now.
no problems with that.
my fren advise me to try friso comfort cos she doesnt poo poo for more than 5 days when she is drinking similac..

apollo

my dear, friso comfort is for babies who have reflux, constipation, colic...

since it is for constipation, ur baby of cos will get diarrhoea aft taking it too often... ds used to take friso comfort cos he has reflux. we slowly change fully to it.. and tt time he also got diarrhoea suddenly so pd asked us to stop friso comfort since his reflux has improved..

maybe u can try friso gold? or mamex?

Milan

My girl is having enfalac since nb..so far so good..can poo poo..my friend is experiencing the same problem with similac. poo poo irregular. so doc advised him to add more water and poo poo ok now.

Phoebii Cheng

You can try to dilute the milk...or like what other mummies mentioned, try other FM brand

I give my son NAN 1 since NB till 1yrs old......

Ting

my dear, friso comfort is for babies who have reflux, constipation, colic...

since it is for constipation, your baby of cos will get diarrhoea after taking it too often... dear son used to take friso comfort cos he has reflux. we slowly change fully to it.. and that time he also got diarrhoea suddenly so pediatrician asked us to stop friso comfort since his reflux has improved..

maybe you can try friso gold? or mamex?
now then i know.. hehe.
tt time i dun rmb having friso comfort when pin was NB.. or maybe i sotong nvr notice.

tangzcandy

any mummies giving their baby NAN HA1??? i jus buy 1 tin... there's only big tin. if my baby gal still cant get used to it.. i will be giving it away... cos throw away also very wasted.

apollo

now then i know.. hehe.
that time i dont rmb having friso comfort when pin was NB.. or maybe i sotong never notice.
not u sotong cos b4 ds need friso comfort, i also dunno there is friso comfort, only noe got friso gold. HAHA!!!

potato

My baby girl has constipation since taking solids, till now, we are using friso comfort.. Her constipation is still there, but it's better than last time? Still, she has to take medication to soften her stools as she has anus tear. :( Doc says it's better that she stop straining herself while pooing, so we are trying prunes and frisocrem wheat base, wish us luck! :)

littlesheep

Hi..

May I know how much FM are you all feeding your babies when they are about 3-4 weeks old?

I'm feeding my girl 100ml, interval abt 2.5hrs to 3hrs. Wonder if i'm under or over-feeding her. :p
Sometime she will cry for milk ard 2hrs if she wants to sleep.

Thanks..

diymummy

Hi littlesheep,

My PD gave me this formula to calculate sufficiency of baby's intake of milk when on an all-milk diet.

Lower limit = weight (kg) x 150ml
Upper limit = weight (kg) x 200ml

Formula is for daily consumption. If within a 24hr period your baby is feeding between the lower and upper limit, you're feeding enough. For amount at each feed, just divide by the number of feeds a day.

Do note that when babies hit growth spurts that they will become hungrier than usual. That's when their appetite suddenly increases.

apollo

Hi..

May I know how much FM are you all feeding your babies when they are about 3-4 weeks old?

I'm feeding my girl 100ml, interval about 2.5hrs to 3hrs. Wonder if i'm under or over-feeding her. :p
Sometime she will cry for milk around 2hrs if she wants to sleep.

Thanks..
when ds was ard 3-4 weeks old, he was drinking 120ml every 2 hrs.. my pd told me for babies who has not start solid food, just feed them on demand (be it FM or BM), as long as dont vomit large amount of milk means u did not over feed. or u can try using pacifier, if she is ok with it, means she just need something to suckle, if she still wail for milk, then give her...

npoheng

hi,

Any recommended formula for new born?? my gal drink similac but cant poo poo. drink friso comfort and she is having diarrhea...

i'm so puzzled, dont know which formula to change to...
hi tangzcandy, why don't u try nestle Nan pro 1. Works fine for my baby as it is presumed to be the nearest to breast milk. Hope if helps

LoVeS

hi i'd like to knw what formula do Thomson Medical Center n mt a normally give? TIA!
i stayed both hospital b4 n i tink normally they will ask ur preference of the formular milk brand tat u wan~ I dun recall TMC or MT A giving me any formula brand they like but instead they asked the parents ~