Total breastfeeding mommies

stonston

i'vr lasted for another mth of TBF although trying to cut down cos daily engorgement is not fun....

so made some changes to e list:

1. sleepymama - for 14+ months
2. stonston - for 8+ months

3. little_twin-stars
4. mommy dearest - for 5+ months
5. jlimdan - for 8+ months and my elder one still drink my bm.
6. dendenmushi - 14 mths
7. elaine01 - 21 mths & going..........
8. bluechin - still bfg 4 yo Javier and 2 yo Janelle. dunno when they will stop
:p

elaine01

Hi elaine01,

I am new to this forum.

Since you have been breastfeeding for 21 months now, how long do you take to pump per session at work.

How much does your baby take per feed and how many times a day.
I'm using the Avent Manual Breast pump. I pump 10~15 mins per breast, then use my hands to express a further 5 mins per breast. During the last 5 mins, there may or may not be milk collected. But it's alright. I pump @ 9am, 1pm & 4pm.

My baby needs 120ml a day.

I may add in 2 more pumping sessions once I reach home after work before I pick DS from nanny. And if need, I may pump once more in the middle of the night.:tlaugh:

elaine01

i'vr lasted for another mth of TBF although trying to cut down cos daily engorgement is not fun....

3. little_twin-stars
6. dendenmushi - 14 mths
8. bluechin - still bfg 4 yo Javier and 2 yo Janelle. dunno when they will stop :p
i longed for it.............

when I had engorgement, my milkflow is never ending...........

i know some mummies do suffer from engorgement but when they attempt to express, they cant get anything. you can try to apply a warm towel, massage your breasts all round then try to express again. Applying heat it to encourage milk flow.

stonston

elaine, i'm trying to cut down cos i've been oversupplying n chest freezer is bursting liaoz....n cos i oversupply, i get engorgement if e reach hm jus a little late....or go out for a little too long....

when i express out i do get alot..probably express too empty liaoz cos brain keep signalling boobs to make milk...quite irritating since i wanna cut down so tt supply = demand....

sleepymama

Hi stonston

I was like you, oversupply.. till my freezer was bursting and worse, i kena mastitis three times! *faint*

I managed to cut down (by shortening the duration of each pumping session gradually, ie. not to empty the breast completely) a few months ago, so my dd = ss now :)

All the best! You can do it too :)

stonston

sleepymama, i nvr encountered mastitis cos i always pump out on time n always empty my boobies...but freezer no space is realli a worry! cos right now we got 2 chest freezers n use up my mum's freezer, v paiseh cos she gotta work extra hard by waking up every morn to go market to buy food to cook for dinner....plus my workplace freezer is like hogged by me cos cant bring home yet....

i tried shortening e pump session slowly liaoz...but still not working...
now i already try not to pump at work unless realli uncomfy....onli pump b4 i go work n when i reach home...at night still latch as usual...

Crashz

3. little_twin-stars
6. dendenmushi - 14 mths
8. bluechin - still bfg 4 yo Javier and 2 yo Janelle. dunno when they will stop :p
9. Crashz - fbg my boi till my gal came along when he was 2 yrs +, now bfg my gal.. 9mths. My boi just wean-off automatically when I am back from hospital. Dunno why.. .. now he refuses bfg totally ... anyone got same experience?

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
Crashz... your bm is now made especially for your dd so the taste would have changed. Your ds may not have liked the new taste and so stopped.

My dd stopped when I got pregnant with ds2 at about the 2nd tri. It happens... :(

AngelLove

I'm using the Avent Manual Breast pump. I pump 10~15 mins per breast, then use my hands to express a further 5 mins per breast. During the last 5 mins, there may or may not be milk collected. But it's alright. I pump @ 9am, 1pm & 4pm.

My baby needs 120ml a day.

I may add in 2 more pumping sessions once I reach home after work before I pick DS from nanny. And if need, I may pump once more in the middle of the night.:tlaugh:
Since your baby takes only 120ml a day wouldn't you have excess EBM considering you pump 3x at work and 2 or 3 times at home. Is 120ml EBM daily sufficient for your baby.

How much do you pump per session and what do you do with the excess EBM.

How many solids does your baby have a day in addition to the 120ml EBM and do you give juice or water.

I suppose you bf directly whenever you are with your baby.

I'm still fully 'latch-on only' breastfeeding to my lil Mia - 7 months. Didn't get to BF much with Maya - was inexperienced and not much support received as i did with Mia.

But the only challenge i'm facing now is Mia doesn't wanna take any expressed from the bottle at all and this kinda puts a strain on me and sometimes my family.. Gonna try expressing it again and lets DH feed the bottle to her so that she can't be 'tempted with my presence'..

Any other tips for me mommas?

But one thing warmed my heart last nite.. Maya played with her lil Kitty and 'gave her cat some breast milk' herself. she's got 2 flavours of milk - Chocolate from the Right and Strawberry from the Left.. *Melt* well, at least i know i've started the joys of breastfeeding early :D

cheerios,
prelovedshoppekeeper

purplecane

3. little_twin-stars
6. dendenmushi - 14 mths
8. bluechin - still bfg 4 yo Javier and 2 yo Janelle. dunno when they will stop
9. Crashz - fbg my boi till my gal came along when he was 2 yrs +, now bfg my gal.. 9mths.
10. purplecane- TBF my boy for 14 mos and my girl for 18 months, now still BF my girl who is 27 mos

Pink daisy

Hi,
Am a newbie mum. My son was born on July, 16th this year.
Wanna check with you ladies, how's the weight gaining, like how long to take to doubling birth weight? Coz mine is amazingly rapid.
He's nearly 7 kgs now, and he's fully breastfed.
Cheers

elaine01

Since your baby takes only 120ml a day wouldn't you have excess EBM considering you pump 3x at work and 2 or 3 times at home. Is 120ml EBM daily sufficient for your baby.

How much do you pump per session and what do you do with the excess EBM.

How many solids does your baby have a day in addition to the 120ml EBM and do you give juice or water.

I suppose you bf directly whenever you are with your baby.
I pump 3x @ work daily but I only get 50ml. Have to pump at least 2~3 days to have enuf for 1 feed. 120ml is what he needs daily.

I get only 20ml per session from both breasts. No extra.

DS has 2 semi solids meals a day. Yes, he loves water!:tlaugh:

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
I'm still fully 'latch-on only' breastfeeding to my lil Mia - 7 months. Didn't get to BF much with Maya - was inexperienced and not much support received as i did with Mia.

But the only challenge i'm facing now is Mia doesn't wanna take any expressed from the bottle at all and this kinda puts a strain on me and sometimes my family.. Gonna try expressing it again and lets DH feed the bottle to her so that she can't be 'tempted with my presence'..

Any other tips for me mommas?

But one thing warmed my heart last nite.. Maya played with her lil Kitty and 'gave her cat some breast milk' herself. she's got 2 flavours of milk - Chocolate from the Right and Strawberry from the Left.. *Melt* well, at least i know i've started the joys of breastfeeding early :D

cheerios,
prelovedshoppekeeper
I'm a SAHM so didn't *have* to feed EBM.

BUT... since ds1 was the first grandchild, everyone wanted to babysit him. Sigh... so I did express. He was rather resistant to the bottle at first so I had to leave the house to escape from the crying that ensued... over time he did become accustomed to it but always welcomed me home with a big big smile and a nuzzle to my breasts.

DD didn't like the bottle AT ALL... so it was cup feeding for her. Seriously speaking, no one really wanted to babysit her so no issue :p Same case with ds2... sigh...

sorry, really no serious tips... just sharing my experience. hope it helps somehow.

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
Hi,
Am a newbie mum. My son was born on July, 16th this year.
Wanna check with you ladies, how's the weight gaining, like how long to take to doubling birth weight? Coz mine is amazingly rapid.
He's nearly 7 kgs now, and he's fully breastfed.
Cheers
answered u in the other thread here.... :)

bbjan

Hi There

AM a newbiw here too. Need some advices from mummies here.

I've been TBF my gal who is 9months plus. But am rather concern about her weight cos she is only 8kg and looks more like a 6 month old baby.

Is there something wrong wif my milk ( I give TEBM, no latch ). Not Fresh??? So tempted to intro FM to beef her up, should I?

Btw, how much milk are your babies drinking now? My gal is drinking 420ml EBM a day wif one cereal and one porridge feed. Is that sufficient milk intake?
(Hi stonston- remember me??? ):smile:

sleepymama

Hi bbjan
Your baby is 8kg at 9+ months is perfectly normal. My baby was around that weight too when he was 9 months. The assured thing with breastfed babies is they are seldom overweight (as in overeat) which is common among FM fed babies.

As to how much EBM baby should be drinking, check this out:
kellymom.com :: How much expressed milk will my baby need?

420ml is like around 14oz... has your baby EBM intake increased or decreased since the 6-month mark? Milk intake gradually reduces as baby goes on to eat more solids, though I feel 14oz is a bit on the low. My baby takes two solids and he drinks about 720ml (approx 24oz) every day. Apart from that, he wakes about 2-3 times every night to latch on. He's now 17 months. As he takes on thicker solids, we will be gradually dropping one feed in the day.

Other mommies, pls share your thoughts/knowledge.

bbjan

sleepymama,

My fren's babies are breastfed too. They are 7-8kg at 6 month old. My gal really looks small compared to other babies. :we3sad:

Her daily feeds are like:
8am - 5oz EBM
1030am - cereal
130pm - porridge
430pm - 4.5oz EBM
8pm - 4.5oz EBM

She sleeps from 10pm to 7am.(no nite feed needed)

I am going to intro 2 porridge feed starting next week. My gal prefers solid to milk. Most of the time she dun finished the 4.5oz EBm given in the noon and nite and we got to spoon feed her the balance. Feeding milk is like a battle wif her. haiz....