1 cm dilated , 38 weeks

Verona's

Hello mummies !

How long will it take for labour to start ?
Gynae told me " You will still have to see me next week " , does that mean that baby still want to be in tummy ? Or might be into labour anytime ? :D

diymummy

Hi Verona,

1cm dilation can last abt 2 weeks. That's what most of my friends experienced.

I underwent emergency c-sect.

sharonyi66

Hello mummies !

How long will it take for labour to start ?
Gynae told me " You will still have to see me next week " , does that mean that baby still want to be in tummy ? Or might be into labour anytime ? :D
I'm 1cm dilated at 35 weeks, induced labour on 38 weeks (already 3cm dilated).

My gynae told me once cervix is dilated, labour can be anytime earlier.

Verona's

I'm 1cm dilated at 35 weeks, induced labour on 38 weeks (already 3cm dilated).

My gynae told me once cervix is dilated, labour can be anytime earlier.
So it shall depends on how fast my cervix can dilate itself ?
do you feel anything when you are 1 cm dilated ? Recently i felt some sharp pulling near cervix ..

sharonyi66

do you feel anything when you are 1 cm dilated ? Recently i felt some sharp pulling near cervix ..
I was having very frequent BH and whenever my tummy tighten, there will be pain (by right shld not have pain) so I told my gynae on my next check up. That's when she did an internal check on my cervix then realised it's already 1cm dilated. Gynae gave me womb relaxant med to stop my contraction as it will trigger the cervix to dilate more.

Verona's

I was having very frequent BH and whenever my tummy tighten, there will be pain (by right shld not have pain) so I told my gynae on my next check up. That's when she did an internal check on my cervix then realised it's already 1cm dilated. Gynae gave me womb relaxant med to stop my contraction as it will trigger the cervix to dilate more.
I never feel any contraction before so i not sure , my tummy is always very tight now hehe ! Is it possible to go into labour without dilation too ? Not all babies will come out at edd right ..

sharonyi66

I never feel any contraction before so i not sure , my tummy is always very tight now hehe ! Is it possible to go into labour without dilation too ? Not all babies will come out at edd right ..
You will feel more tightness of yr tummy towards end of yr pregnancy and yes, is it possible to go into labour w/out dilation even if u got contraction, waterbag burst or bleeding.

80% of babies come out BEFORE their EDD, 20% is either on the EDD day itself or later.

shiyi

You will feel more tightness of your tummy towards end of your pregnancy and yes, is it possible to go into labour w/out dilation even if you got contraction, waterbag burst or bleeding.

80% of babies come out BEFORE their EDD, 20% is either on the EDD day itself or later.
ic.. hope my girl faster comes out cos her mummy has aldy prepared alot of nicenice clothes!

Verona's

You will feel more tightness of your tummy towards end of your pregnancy and yes, is it possible to go into labour w/out dilation even if you got contraction, waterbag burst or bleeding.

Hopefully my baby want to come out before edd , i want to celebrate CNY :embarrassed:

Thanks ! I shall wait ..

iwan2noe

Hi Verona's and shiyi,

I went to my gynae ytd and he checked for my dilation ytd and was told I am abt 1-2cm dilated and say my gal will be delivered anytime next wk =p
hee... how abt the 2 of ur mummies?

have u delivered? i am so anxiously looking fwd to my bb's arrival! =)
Wishing the both of u smooth and good labour ahead!
:wong19:

beerbelly

verona, shiyi and iwan2noe,
i can totally understand your excitement and impatience for baby to come out, hehe! i was like that just 7weeks ago! but if you can, just enjoy the last few days of your pregginess, like going out with hubby, watch dvd, movie, romantic stuff, picnics, laze around etc etc.... if you can, go shopping leisurely when there is no crowds, buy any last minute thingies for your little ones.....etc etc..... and remember to buy something to pamper yourselves! oh, and spend time with your mummies and daddies, especially your mummies...:001_302:

wishing you girls a safe delivery!!!!

Verona's

Hi Verona's and shiyi,

I went to my gynae ytd and he checked for my dilation ytd and was told I am about 1-2cm dilated and say my gal will be delivered anytime next wk =p
hee... how about the 2 of your mummies?

have you delivered? i am so anxiously looking fwd to my baby's arrival! =)
Wishing the both of you smooth and good labour ahead!
:( Not yet but i got some sign of labour like menses cramp all that , asked gynae & he told me its some signs of labour , false contractions i think & i don't get them in the past only this few days , i am still 1 cm dilated , been 2 weeks already but since i having the signs i think maybe soon i will deliver hehe ! Thanks , hope you will have a smooth & good labour too :)

Verona's

verona, shiyi and iwan2noe,
i can totally understand your excitement and impatience for baby to come out, hehe! i was like that just 7weeks ago! but if you can, just enjoy the last few days of your pregginess, like going out with hubby, watch dvd, movie, romantic stuff, picnics, laze around etc etc.... if you can, go shopping leisurely when there is no crowds, buy any last minute thingies for your little ones.....etc etc..... and remember to buy something to pamper yourselves! oh, and spend time with your mummies and daddies, especially your mummies...:001_302:

wishing you girls a safe delivery!!!!

Haha ! yes , have been going out , watching dvds & stuffs more often with hubby , afraid there be no more hehe ! Thanks , i hoped so too :D

shiyi

Hi Verona's and shiyi,

I went to my gynae ytd and he checked for my dilation ytd and was told I am about 1-2cm dilated and say my gal will be delivered anytime next wk =p
hee... how about the 2 of your mummies?

have you delivered? i am so anxiously looking fwd to my baby's arrival! =)
Wishing the both of you smooth and good labour ahead!
hi, my gynae says my cervix still quite closed..and din mention when will i deliver.. think not so soon yet ba since my edd is on 26th. but doc says im most likely to deliver naturally