crazy neighbor.... help......

hi all mommies,

i will go crazy one day if this crazy neighbor (upstairs) continues to do what he do...

ive lived here for 1yr plus now.

things they do;

- drill ANYTIME they like and i mean ANYTIME. once was 4am. no kidding. lasted for weeks!
thank goodness the drilling has stopped after deepavali. i hope!

- hammer anytime

- pounding food on the floor with no cloth for sure

- drag his furnitures also ANYTIME HE LIKE. i understand a bit here and there of dragging is endurable. BUT you hear it everyday, be it morning, afternoon or night! sometimes the dragging lasts for 30mins! :we2wacko:

ok so once, it got too much and instead of me, (the hot tempered one), my hubby actually went up and asked politely if everything was ok. trust me, he's a sweet talker and he dont want any unhappiness/ ackwardness in the block. anyway the neighbor explained that they were having a party and so they had no choice but promised to keep it down. which they really tried. lesser dragging

i was thinking of a strategy to deal with this annoying problem and finally came up with one. i thought ok, i'll bring some makan stuff over on baby's full month (in feb or mar 2010) and HOPEFULLY they'll get the hint. do u think it'll work??? i mean, i dont want any sudden drilling/ hammering when my baby's asleep... esp. at night. i cant stop them during daytime.

anyway latest nuisance was last night. around 11-12midnight, they decided to do some HAMMERING WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! it lasted for only few mins but it was CRAZY!!! right above my bedroom!!!! why???? whats so urgent???? :wong14:

Oppsgal

My house upstairs also. Once awhile got crazy people singing on top of the lungs at middle of night 1130pm!

Last time when I am still working, got woke up in the middle of the night! My husband too woke up by the singing! He shouted upwards. But the singing continued...

I SCREAM!!! VERY LOUDLY! "STOP THE SINGING!" Then out of sudden, the singing stop for days at the middle of the night. After one whole week, very peaceful. Then one fine day, the crazy person who sing, or should I say "screeching the song" sing in another bathroom (kitchen's). At least not so bad.

Once awhile got drag furniture and drilling sounds in the middle of night. Morning is knocking knocking sound.

Maybe you can try go upstairs nicely say your baby needs to sleep. Not sure will work a not.

pkshl

my upstairs also sometimes got drillings, in fact i tink they seem to be drilling the whole year round, my hb said their house definately got alot of holes cos they always drill here & there, sometimes i can hear it in the kitchen, toilet, room, living area...
& i always hear my upstairs neighbour sold her kids very loudly, even my confinement aunty also heard. vertic is my upstairs neighbour loves to drill holes in their house & scream at their kids.

Hey pineappletart,

If I were you and with all the on-going crazy drillings and all, I will just report to police. Esp after hint hint to the crazy neighbours already. Somemore you got lil one around. Although some noise is ok (so that baby get used to some noise level), your descriptions of your neighbour's behaviour are too much man.

iwan2noe

hi all mommies,

i will go crazy one day if this crazy neighbor (upstairs) continues to do what he do...

things they do;

- drill ANYTIME they like and i mean ANYTIME. once was 4am. no kidding. lasted for weeks!

- hammer anytime

- drag his furnitures also ANYTIME HE LIKE. i understand a bit here and there of dragging is endurable. BUT you hear it everyday, be it morning, afternoon or night! sometimes the dragging lasts for 30mins! :we2wacko:

ok so once, it got too much and instead of me, (the hot tempered one), my hubby actually went up and asked politely if everything was ok. trust me, he's a sweet talker and he dont want any unhappiness/ ackwardness in the block. anyway the neighbor explained that they were having a party and so they had no choice but promised to keep it down. which they really tried. lesser dragging

i was thinking of a strategy to deal with this annoying problem and finally came up with one. i thought ok, i'll bring some makan stuff over on baby's full month (in feb or mar 2010) and HOPEFULLY they'll get the hint. do you think it'll work??? i mean, i dont want any sudden drilling/ hammering when my baby's asleep... esp. at night. i cant stop them during daytime.

anyway latest nuisance was last night. around 11-12midnight, they decided to do some HAMMERING WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! it lasted for only few mins but it was CRAZY!!! right above my bedroom!!!! why???? whats so urgent???? :wong14:
hi hi!

coincidentally, i hear drilling sounds at the roof of my house today. Dun noe what they are doing.. i had these noise starting this morning then i saw ur msg... luckily i was too tired to be able to get affected..
IF ur neigbour continues to be like that, i suggest ur call the police, unless they have a permit to renovate their home but having said so, they also need to aadhere to certain time frame that they can work and stop working.....

mayb ur neighbour is really crazy or just simple too INCONSIDERATE..
So poor thing, hope other neighbour will complain abt him also... if so, perhaps u can get a few neighbour to write a petition, signed and go to the police to ask them to do something constructive for u to stop all these disturbances and nonsense!

Pls take care and i hope this irritating neighbour can stop his NONSENSE!!
*hugs* i know it has been hard on u.... =(
Take care ok?

my upstairs also sometimes got drillings, in fact i tink they seem to be drilling the whole year round, my husband said their house definately got alot of holes cos they always drill here & there, sometimes i can hear it in the kitchen, toilet, room, living area...
& i always hear my upstairs neighbour sold her kids very loudly, even my confinement aunty also heard. vertic is my upstairs neighbour loves to drill holes in their house & scream at their kids.

ya! random places in the house! guess what?????? as im typing now, they are drilling and dropping things on the floor!!!!!!!!! hubby saw me frowning and he told me he went to peek. apparently they are doing some reno work!!!!! ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as if the every now and then nuisance not enough, now officially doing reno!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hey pineappletart,

If I were you and with all the on-going crazy drillings and all, I will just report to police. Esp after hint hint to the crazy neighbours already. Somemore you got lil one around. Although some noise is ok (so that baby get used to some noise level), your descriptions of your neighbour's behaviour are too much man.

why dont they care for others living around them....??? we've been telling ourselves not to call the police because it'll be obvious that we're the ones who called... only me below their unit (mine is ground floor) and they are the upper floor highest unit).. but since they have no regards at all..... i might just call......

Last edited:
hi hi!

coincidentally, i hear drilling sounds at the roof of my house today. dont know what they are doing.. i had these noise starting this morning then i saw your msg... luckily i was too tired to be able to get affected..
IF your neigbour continues to be like that, i suggest your call the police, unless they have a permit to renovate their home but having said so, they also need to aadhere to certain time frame that they can work and stop working.....

mayb your neighbour is really crazy or just simple too INCONSIDERATE..
So poor thing, hope other neighbour will complain about him also... if so, perhaps you can get a few neighbour to write a petition, signed and go to the police to ask them to do something constructive for you to stop all these disturbances and nonsense!

Pls take care and i hope this irritating neighbour can stop his NONSENSE!!
*hugs* i know it has been hard on you.... =(
Take care ok?
**hug back** thank u.....

CanCanMum

hi all mommies,

things they do;

- hammer anytime

i was thinking of a strategy to deal with this annoying problem and finally came up with one. i thought ok, i'll bring some makan stuff over on baby's full month (in feb or mar 2010) and HOPEFULLY they'll get the hint. do you think it'll work??? i mean, i dont want any sudden drilling/ hammering when my baby's asleep... esp. at night. i cant stop them during daytime.

u should sound it out to them and say its disturbing to u. Just be straight to the point, u can still be polite but firm, because if tell them nicely, they oso Bo chap.

there should not be any hammering/drilling by owners anytime after 5pm on weekdays

and weekends and public holidays its totally forbidden.

or next time it happens, call town council.

or get neighbours to complain together.

i have a neighbour who sings Karaoke every sat, VERY LOUD, a few neighbours ganged up to complain to HDB and some representatives sent their pple down to investigate. They even knocked on my door and asked me whether its really causing nuisance

some neighbours are inconsiderate and take kind neighbours for granted.

Last edited:

CanCanMum

ya! random places in the house! guess what?????? as im typing now, they are drilling and dropping things on the floor!!!!!!!!! hubby saw me frowning and he told me he went to peek. apparently they are doing some reno work!!!!! ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as if the every now and then nuisance not enough, now officially doing reno!!!!!!!
if its reno work the same conditions tat i listed still applies

but hacking/hammering works are allowed for 3 consecutive days only, and does not include saturday. These are demolishing of walls, hacking of tiles which will use hammering and tat makita cutting machine which can die...............really the noise level.

subsequently installation of furnitures/ceiling fixtures and tiling works will cause some noise oso but its still bearable.

THE SAID'S

hi all mommies,

things they do;

- hammer anytime

I moved to this neighbourhood about a year ago only to find Neighbour from Hell above my floor. It seems that they have so much work in progress during wee hours .... dragging and thudding sound, knocking and even galloping. Many a time, we were awaken by their WIP noises. Sometimes, the noises keep me wonder if they are human or nocturnal creatures. For now we are trying hard to tolerate their 'activities' ... but once our threshold level has gone its limit, we are sure to do something for the sake of the little ones. Guess, i'm not alone ......

ping26

well, my baby is impervious to most noises cos ignorant mummy & inconsiderate daddy...

I went to watch F1 for 2 consecutive days... the wheng wheng sound was v loud. :embarrassed:

Daddy's car stereo also very loud thro out whole preggie :eek:

Now baby is champion sleeper, she can sleep thro most drillings & TV sounds:red:

She wakes up when she hears my hubby's voice:err:

We only play classical music after she is born.

too late for baby einstein

CanCanMum

well, my baby is impervious to most noises cos ignorant mummy & inconsiderate daddy...

I went to watch F1 for 2 consecutive days... the wheng wheng sound was very loud. :embarrassed:

Daddy's car stereo also very loud thro out whole preggie :eek:

Now baby is champion sleeper, she can sleep thro most drillings & TV sounds:red:

She wakes up when she hears my hubby's voice:err:

We only play classical music after she is born.

too late for baby einstein
u cover her ears wif her thick hair izzit

*siamz* kiddin laaaaaa haha

u r blessed to have a champion sleeper~~~

Ting

pin also champion sleeper..
she can slp no matter how noisy.. really ZzzzZZzZzzz... (like mummy :p )

TS, i think u shld report to town council abt this instead of police.

fioncess

pin also champion sleeper..
she can sleep no matter how noisy.. really ZzzzZZzZzzz... (like mummy :p )

TS, i think you shld report to town council about this instead of police.
How to train baby to become champion sleeper???
can i train andrea also???heheee...

Town councils are estate management companies although govt-linked. Estate management as in they primarily take care of your living surroundings, removal of rubbish, lifts so on and so forth. Don't think this is their territory.

But pineappletart, you mentioned now they are officially permitted becoz of reno? Then you might have to put up with their noise level, no?..You have my sympathy and empathy, I super cannot tahan consistent loud noises :nah:

*Hugs*