When will baby starts kicking me???

Wasant

i'm in my 17wks....wondering when will baby starts to kick me????Cant wait to feel foetus movement...:tlaugh:

my baby started kicking me around week 24 or so. i was waiting like u too. now at week 36, i wished she'd be more gentle with her movements and kicks.

jas2909

i'm in my 17wks....wondering when will baby starts to kick me????Cant wait to feel foetus movement...:tlaugh:
Heehee.. same here Wasant mummy.. Me too very anxious to feel the baby's 1st movement.. but i'm only in my 13weeks.. way longer to go..

Actually how does a movement feel? like stomache? or cramps?

Heehee.. same here Wasant mummy.. Me too very anxious to feel the baby's 1st movement.. but i'm only in my 13weeks.. way longer to go..

the earlier stage is like butterfly fluttering or small little "hiccups", you have to really sit/ lay down still and maybe u can detect it. :001_302:

maybe only later stage - once or twice it feels like tummy pain. depending on what kind of stunt the baby is performing inside. the kicks are still ok. NOT THE TURNING UNDER YOUR RIB AND PRESSING ON YOUR CERVIX AND BLADDER. :embarrassed:

Wasant

i dun think it feels like cramp lah....just that u can feel something is kicking u from inside the stomach....haha:tlaugh:

Wasant

my baby started kicking me around week 24 or so. i was waiting like you too. now at week 36, i wished she'd be more gentle with her movements and kicks.
Yap......i understand that sometimes the baby kicks too hard ......we will feel the pain n uncomfortable....

Wasant

the earlier stage is like butterfly fluttering or small little "hiccups", you have to really sit/ lay down still and maybe you can detect it. :001_302:

maybe only later stage - once or twice it feels like tummy pain. depending on what kind of stunt the baby is performing inside. the kicks are still ok. NOT THE TURNING UNDER YOUR RIB AND PRESSING ON YOUR CERVIX AND BLADDER. :embarrassed:
Sometimes when i lay on my tummy on the bed....i feel some fluttering in my stomach......too.....i wonder is that the baby moving???:nah::err:

i could feel the naughty ger kicking me at about 19 weeks. before that was fluttering feeling. now at 23 weeks... can feel a whole lot of movement at different times of day. 30 mins before and after meals and when i lie on the bed!

jas2909

sometimes when i'm lying down on my bed watching tv.. i feel pulses.. like 3 pulses in a row then stop.. then few minutes later another few pulses.. is that the movement? or maybe that's my muscle own reflexes.. i'm just thinking too much at such early stage.. haha..

jean1986

i felt the obvious movements in week 20. before that very slight flutter. not very sure what is it. but after wk20, when you lie on the bed at night without any distractions, u will feel it! it is so amazing.

luvmelody

I am a first time mom and I felt my baby first "kick" at week 16 & 3 days while I was surfing internet yesterday nite. I believe I have felt the same tapping type of feeling few days back but I wasn't sure, but now it is getting more & more obvious lately. I felt my baby tapped a few times today too and I must say it feels wonderful! :wong19:
Make a pregnancy ticker

Last edited:

Ariana

Hey dear,

It depends from pregnancy to pregnancy. Usually some might feel the baby's movements from the 16th to 18th week onwards. Others start on the 20th week.

Mine started with the feeling of someone dragging lightly on the inside of the tummy on the 16th week. Now at 27weeks it has turned into obvious kicks and punches and rolling in every position available, though I suspect that it will escalate.

I also heard that your build will also slightly play a part on when you can feel the baby's movements. Some thinner women may feel the kicks earlier that those of bigger build.

Well, when the kicks start, you might start wishing that he/she would give you a breather at times to let you sleep at night.. :) . But then again the movement is always an assurance how precious the bundle of joy inside of you is.

Do tell us when you start feeling it ya...
Cheers...

xlan

i felt blowing bubbles kind of feel.. dunno is it baby's movements or just stomach gas.. how do u tell these apart? ;p

Wasant

:001_302:
Hey dear,

It depends from pregnancy to pregnancy. Usually some might feel the baby's movements from the 16th to 18th week onwards. Others start on the 20th week.

Mine started with the feeling of someone dragging lightly on the inside of the tummy on the 16th week. Now at 27weeks it has turned into obvious kicks and punches and rolling in every position available, though I suspect that it will escalate.

I also heard that your build will also slightly play a part on when you can feel the baby's movements. Some thinner women may feel the kicks earlier that those of bigger build.

Well, when the kicks start, you might start wishing that he/she would give you a breather at times to let you sleep at night.. :) . But then again the movement is always an assurance how precious the bundle of joy inside of you is.

Do tell us when you start feeling it ya...
Cheers...
Thanks....ariana...i started feeling my boy's movement at around 16 weeks...in fact he's just moving in my womb......he tend to be more active at night though...haha...now my hubby is waiting to feel his movement.....