An unhappy confinement period

Spiralng

If to see an arguement begin with my in law i rather i cincai eat coz after she go back complain i more headache...keep saying we ill-treating her...
Sometimes it's true but tink of it tis way, even u cincai eat she also will complain. Overall, I look at your MIL i tink she might get fustrated too being coop up in your house. If there is program organise by CC to a day farm tour or watever tour available inclusive of transport, maybe can let her join. That way, at least she can get out of the house.

Spiralng

haha she can ask her cook but she ate all then i still have to eat back same dishes...i tried last week..my hubby insisting to buy xiao bai cai then she say i cannot eat she ate all.
WAH....your MIL can really eat hor.....that's so bad. But get the confinement lady to buy stuff that u can eat and she say she cannot eat like PAPAYA.....ha haha.....see if she will finish it all.

bbgal_2010

Sometimes it's true but tink of it tis way, even you cincai eat she also will complain. Overall, I look at your mother in law i tink she might get fustrated too being coop up in your house. If there is program organise by CC to a day farm tour or watever tour available inclusive of transport, maybe can let her join. That way, at least she can get out of the house.
she need acompany if she alone she scare...dun koe scare wad...maybe scare got ppl rape her.

Spiralng

cordycep she buy but cost less then 100.
Hmmm....then ginseng??? hv to drink ginseng soup every night mah....cos u r breastfeeding it's good for the baby too. And I guess u should try to start drinking bird nest like water so as to keep the supply going and also good for baby cos give baby SMooooooth complexion...hee..hee....

bbgal_2010

Hmmm....then ginseng??? have to drink ginseng soup every night mah....cos you r breastfeeding it's good for the baby too. And I guess you should try to start drinking bird nest like water so as to keep the supply going and also good for baby cos give baby SMooooooth complexion...hee..hee....
yea i have a lot essence of chix,bird nest from friends...still drinking every nite..

Spiralng

yea i have a lot essence of chix,bird nest from friends...still drinking every nite..
good to hear that at least u r having all the nutrients. Guess u hv to really wait till your MIL get SICK and really tired then she will leave.........haiz....BTW hv u got car seat??? Pram? rocker chair? playpen? Don't know if your MIL is willing to invest...

cocraze

HAhahahaha...papaya she cannot EAT...stomach cannot take it..weak stomach..
As for the papaya fish soup, I think you have to take a hard line with her and your hubby to say that it is well-known that the soup is good for increasing milk flow. If you wanna be sarcastic, say "You dont know about the soup, no wonder last time never bf my hubby properly". Or "You say I dont have enough milk, yet dont let CL cook papaya soup for me, then you think GOOD MILK will drop from the sky or flow from the tap issit"?

The papaya (must be unripe green one, not the orangey ones) can buy, and keep for two separate servings. My CL used half a papaya each time she cooked the soup for me. If you dont want to drink same soup over two consecutive days, ask her to cook alternative days for you. Just retort her that the papaya soup (and most confinement dishes) are for the new mother who just delivered, answer back that "You just gave birth meh". Better still, she so many health problem and weird eating habits, say "Somemore, your eating habits so SPECIAL, I dont think you should eat the confinement food that MY CL is cooking for me".

that y i also cin cai they cook what i eat what but i guess good can make mi slim dwn...haha no appetite to eat...n my nanny also complain she dont koe cook what for me as alot things she dont want buy keep telling my hubby i cannot eat n if hubby insist then she say she cannot eat...
I understand what you mean. I also very cin cai during my confinement. Although I love eating those type of ginger confinement food, but I also got bored of eating the same vegetables. What I did was ask CL to cook noodles soup (with the lean meat, lover, kidney and vegetables in soup base) for my lunch everyday. Then dinner I eat rice with individual dishes (but still same ingredients, lean meat, kidney, liver, vegetables, fish). This 'menu' kept my sanity a bit, rather than eat rice every meal. If you are serious about bf-ing, do not even consider thinking of going on diet (intentionally or otherwise). You need the nutrients for your baby and yourself. If you still have your pregnancy supplements (multi-vit, calcium), finish them. Especially calcium. Otherwise you get bone problems in future.

Can you give us examples of some of the things your MIL say you cannot eat? It is true that some kinds of fish and vegetables are to be avoided (if you believe in traditional chinese view that some foods are cooling), but there are definitely more than 2-3 kinds of veg that can used in confinement dishes. Maybe you tell us and we can help you find evidence/examples that YOU CAN EAT THOSE. You can also look at the breastfeeding forum for threads on foods to eat/to be avoided.

that y i dont speak to her much as i reali got no mood to tok to her...i rather stay in the rm watch tv.
At least you lucky got tv to watch in room. I live with in laws and tv in living room and their master bedroom, not mine cos my room too cramped. I wanna watch tv also must go out to living room. But I dont care, wear t shirt and loose pyjamas pants in the day cos its so humid, although all the windows in the house are open and wind blowing big big....

She goes marketing with my hubby and my hubby can't stand her nagging...so she say dont buy my hubby dont wish to argue with her...esp she doesn't want mi to BF at all....
I think you need to talk to your hubby(out of her view/earshot) that the foods to be eaten are for your good, for your recovery of your health. Does he want to either withstand her nagging or go against her view now, OR does he want to consider the possibility that you got future health problems next time cos confinement not done well and you have to see doctor, spend more money and angst in future. Also, if you dont take care of your health well during confinement, may give you problems in future when you want to have more children.

she doesn't trust her as she say she dont koe choose...
Tell her "the CL cook more confinement dishes for people in one year, compared to your MIL whole lifetime, even though she got 4 children". Even if CL REALLY dont know how to choose, can ask the market seller for good recommendation, or ask your hubby to supervise the buying. Fresh produce sold in Singapore is really good. You generally get good-looking and fresh vegetables at wet markets or even NTUC, probably better than what she gets in Msia. But I find fresh produce in Sheng Siong and Shop N Save not as 'good-looking' as NTUC's or Cold Storage.

cocraze

when my hubby go market she wun pay at all ...we are the 1 paying for what she buy...coz she nver bring wallet.
Ideas to convince your MIL to spend her $$$:
a. Buy electrical appliances that she can use back in Msia ;

b. Buy NEW appliances for your family to use in Spore (e.g. use only if applicable..."The fan quite old and not as strong, must buy new one so that baby/hubby wont perspire so much" OR "need to buy night light" OR "need to buy toys for child, and cannot buy those cheapo China-made toys later not safe, must get those good ones from Fisher Price for e.g.")

c. Convince her to prepare to buy the one-month celebration gift for her grandchild, ask hubby go with her buy the gold ornament..usually buy baby trinket or bracelet or gold coin/badge. Tell hubby not to bring too much money and leave his ATM/Credit cards at home. Plus say "this is YOUR gift for your first grandchild, cannot be stingy". Also cannot be ask your hubby to pay for HER present to HER grandchild right? Then tell hubby to say that "I will take nice nice pictures of you with baby wearing the present and develop nice nice photo for you to bring back (to show off)". If she want something more special, bring her to Poh Heng buy the disney series type of pendant. Small small pendant, big price tag. Hahaha....But anyway, I think gold prices quite high now, buy traditional gold pieces will also come to about at least $200...

gosh...i reali have no idea what to do. Last nite my baby cries around 1+am n she just come into our room when mi n my hubby is sleeping wifout knocking the door therefore i locked the door but guess what she did? Well standing @ the door calling our names n knock the door till my baby wake up from sleep n cries then she asked mi dont lock the door she want to come what for lock the door house gt no outsiders!!!!
bbgal

We are on the same boat, just that my mil is a s'porean. I too stay with my FIL and 3 siblings in law plus girlfriend plus 2 dogs.. (1 belongs to me). During my confinement, my MIL came and do the confinement for me, me too having a hard time, they (mil and elder sil) ignored that I am the mother of my baby and do whatever they like on her.. everyday turned on the tv so loud as if she is deaf, can't close/lock the door when bf and said it's ok to leave the door open. But how to, I have 2 brother in laws at home. Not that the whole family are all woman.

Jan

Bring your mother in law to the jewellery shop and ask her to buy chain & pendant for your baby... now gold so expensive... surely can spend money.

As for confinement food, is true that Xiao Bai Cai is a forbidden veg. What i can suggest for your confinement food is Fried Rice with dried scallops & lean meat... My mum taught my CL how to cook chicken rice and the chicken you buy must be whole chicken and you can only get those at wet market.... and must be those with the crown... u can tell the seller that is for confinement and they will know. Get your MIL to buy those DOM or Yomeishu to drink... even don't drink also buy and keep.

then her $ got nowhere to spend harder for her to go back ...as i reli want her to go back n not gving mi pb everydae as everydae she CAN CREATE new stuff new topic to bother mi...listen till SIAN....keep repeating the same old stuff she has 4 kids blah blah blah....
Ending on 13 apr....just went to supermarket with in law as she complain no more milo n sugar n she want drink so just went nearby NTUC grabbed 3 pack each drink till she vomit!!Sum more can say you confinement not suppose to go out but if dont go out then no milo to drink for TEABREAK...think you WEAR long sleeve can coz i also bring baby go c pediatrician.....also got blow wind ..
Really wanna kick your MIL's @ss. I think she is really trying to seek attention.
What i worry is after she finished her $$ she will get from your hubby or daughter.
I tot she complained heatiness and high blood, how come still can take milo and sugar...haha

apollo

ha ha ha then starting from tomorrow, eat more papaya soup....hee..hee...say it's not good for her stomach but good for your breast. If she want to increase her size....she can feel free to try...ha haha....
HAHAHAHA!!!

she need acompany if she alone she scare...dont koe scare what...maybe scare got ppl rape her.
waopiang! ask her dun think so much lahhh!

btw can drink honey when BF?
hmmm i not sure for bf-ing mummies but i noe cannot feed babies below 1yo honey.. =)

babe, i think ur purposely DUN buy the food she wants den when she LL bo bian, she will go n buy.. if ur acc her to go buy, DUN bring ur wallet. if she also nv bring, den forget it, she cant get to buy the foods she wants, tt;s all!

i think she is really gone case! she cannot eat papaya, u also cannot eat? what the hell is it?!

Ting

honey is fine for BFing mum. (correct me if im wrong)
cos the baby is not consuming it directly.

TS, u really can tolerate your mil.
like i said, if my mil is like this, n tell me dun order her, i will tell her, IM NOT ORDERING YOU TO GO BACK. IM CHASING YOU OUT OF MY HSE. IF YOU WANT TO STAY IN SG, STAY IN A HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!