Help mi pls!!! nappy or diapers???

Huishan

Anyone can let mi noe whether its better to do nappy or diapers while at hm??? diaper is exp... but use nappy aso need soap n water... which is better as well???

ling.er

Anyone can let mi know whether its better to do nappy or diapers while at hm??? diaper is exp... but use nappy aso need soap n water... which is better as well???
Some ppl suggest nappy as is cheap .. Or u can Mix with diaper lo..
I myself buy both nappy & diaper .. :wong19:

Huishan

i m aso thinking of nappy in the day, diaper in the nite n outdoor... but for every brand of diapers, its can last thru the whole nite?
n for newborn, is it thru tat they poo a lot per day???

Huishan

wat brand of diapers do u purchase for ur newborn??? one of my frd suggest using cheap diapers like petpet for first few months, after few months then then change other brand...

Some ppl suggest nappy as is cheap .. Or you can Mix with diaper ..
I myself buy both nappy & diaper .. :wong19:

diymummy

Frequency of baby's poo depends on the baby. Some babies poo everyday, some every 2-3 days. But more often than not, babies do poo everyday.

What first diaper to get depends on the size of your newborn. I bought S sized diapers but my baby was born at 2.3kg. So we had to get some newborn diapers which are a smaller cutting. I used Huggies Dry Comfort for my boy.

If you intend to use nappies, you can look into nappy liners. This could save you a little on stains and easier to clean off poo. Nappy liners usually come in 100 pieces a box.

For me, I think I will use nappy with liner for my girl (going to born in Jul'10) in day time.. better for my girl butt I think... but when pass to nanny got to use diaper whole day d, no choice.. :bskeptical:

Phoebii Cheng

what brand of diapers do you purchase for your newborn??? one of my friend suggest using cheap diapers like petpet for first few months, after few months then then change other brand...
If you want to get cheap one, can try NTUC or Giant or Carrefour the house brand....

But you hv to see too, cos' sometimes if you forgot to change the diapers, some bbs will develop rashes due to poor absorbtion.....so if you are thinking of getting a cheap brand, make sure you change your bbs diaper regularly

ling.er

what brand of diapers do you purchase for your newborn??? one of my friend suggest using cheap diapers like petpet for first few months, after few months then then change other brand...

I myself bought Pereen 5 for my newborn.. They come with day & nigh use.. imayb i can send u 1 or 2 samples to try out ^^ :wong19:

baby_elmo

it is good to have a mixture of diaper & nappy as nappy allows more air ventilation although it's more troublesome.

We use diaper for my new born gal end up she got nappy rash during her 1st week from born. It was so painful until she cry everytime she pee or poo. Then we switch to use nappy with nappy liner during day time & diaper at nite.

:red:My gal tried drypers / pet pet and their cutting doesn't fit her well. Now is using Pureen diaper & wet tissue due to heavy usage & cost efficiency. Pureen has an outlet @ KK and offer good discount that you can't get else where.

chillychino

For me I feel cloth nappy is troublesome cos I know I'll be alone at home and taking care of my girl for the 1st few months. I don't think I will have the time to wash and also the water utility bill will shoot up if keep washing.... haha....When she was just newborn, we use the PetPet/Huggies Newborn. 1 day need to change diapers for many times cos their urine alot and poo everyday. Even midnight the confinement nanny also need to change diapers cos sometimes poo during midnight... ;p After that I change to PetPet Small... PetPet is cheap and good for newborns I feel. Every change, need to wipe her butt properly and apply diaper rash cream. I use Desitin creamy. When she was about 3 mths old I switch to MamyPoko cos it can hold urine and poo quite well and won't leak. If u r using cloth nappy, u must make sure that u wash the nappy and inserts well. Cos I heard from friends that babies do develop nappy rash even though they wear cloth nappies. But of cos cloth nappies are much more comfy and airy lar.... *just my point of view*

Renzie

I use both nappies, diapers and cloth diapers (because expensive thus slowly stocking up).

Nappies usually in the day, and diapers when going out and at night. For night use, usually use 2 diapers, will change her in between. Nappies can be using up to 10-12 daytime, the moment she pee, we change. She poos 1-2 times a day. Max 3 times a day since she was born til now.

Currently using mamypoko. Prefers huggies, as I find that huggies has smaller cutting than mamypoko (she's a small size baby, 2.1kg), the first day use mamypoko, got leakage. First time had such a problem, even though I had tried huggies, pampers , drypers and petpet before.

For wet nappies, we just throw into the washing machine at the end of the day. As for soiled ones, we'll soak it in a pail of soap water, make sure to remove all the stains, then throw in with the rest of the nappies. If you wish to use nappies, its best to use a diaper liner, much easier to clean up the poo.

Huishan

after looking at all the suggestions, i think i will stand at my view, which is both nappy and diapers... nappy for indoor n daytime, diapers for outdoor n nite time...

so is it every nite we have to use 2 diapers even though its nt filled full to prevent rashes???

and 1 pkt of nappy cloth has gt 5 pieces in it... hw many do i need to purchase???

ling.er

after looking at all the suggestions, i think i will stand at my view, which is both nappy and diapers... nappy for indoor n daytime, diapers for outdoor n nite time...

so is it every nite we have to use 2 diapers even though its not filled full to prevent rashes???

and 1 pkt of nappy cloth has gt 5 pieces in it... hw many do i need to purchase???

I bought 1 pack which inside have 6 pcs .... lolx Tat for my newborn day time... As weather nw i guess easy to dry after wash .. ..
Mayb u can prechase 1 pack first then if nt enough can tell ur hubby buy another pack .. Rmb put the liner as it will lock the poipoi .. ^^ :wong19:

Huishan

I bought 1 pack which inside have 6 pcs .... lolx that for my newborn day time... As weather now i guess easy to dry after wash .. ..
Mayb you can prechase 1 pack first then if not enough can tell your hubby buy another pack .. Rmb put the liner as it will lock the poipoi .. ^^ :wong19:
1 pkt is enough??? but they pee a lot daily wor... once pee gt to change... the nappy doesnt allow 2 pees... i think my cousin use to use a lot daily... the balance can use for blankets or wat ba...

TANZHENZHI

I bought nappy and diaper for my son, but when come to think of it changing diapers is better then using both. Becos nappy you have to keep changing and wash. I use huggies/drypers nb for my son when he's born. Then now changed to Mamy Poko becos it can last longer and he's more comfortable with it. No nappy rash when he's using it so has been using this brand until now.

chillychino

There are also modern cloth diapers like BumWxxx , etc..... can buy the inserts.... u can go check out the website.... if u are using the conventional cloth nappies, it is better not to use safety pins like what our mummies used on us last time.... if not careful it will hurt the baby....

ohstrawberry

I use diapers since boy is born. Try using those modern nappy (something like bumw***) but gave up after only only a day of trying. So troublesome, must soak, wash and scrub, already no time to sleep, still have to do all those laundry, i will go crazy.
Somemore i bf my boy, he poo so often, change and change diaper quite often.
I used Huggies ultra and Mamy poko when he's abt 1 - 2mths old to prevent nappy rash, then 2 - 3months onwards (when he wear M size), i changed to cheaper range, like Huggies Dry and Dry Comfort (ard $0.25 per pc - he use abt 3-4pcs in daytime), only use Mamy poko (abt $0.38 - only 1pc in nightime) at night.
Normally i buy in bulk from spree, so save alot compared to buy from supermarkets. Also i also looked out for special promo in supermarkets, will stock up when they price is really cheap.
Don't buy too many S size diapers, they outgrown very fast, M and L can stock up more.

crybaby

Haha.. I am going to be a new mummy soon and this thread is alot of help. My own mother and my mother in law like insist I use the traditional nappy way. I am like thinking to myself, I am sure diapers were invented for modern reasons. So I already told my husband, I am going to mix the usuage for both. Alot of friends recommend Huggies, so I bought some new born and S sizes. Also bought alot of nappy liners, the brands I chose is from tollyjoy and I also bought a slightly more expensive one from mothercare retail.

I am also afraid the traditional needles may accidently poke baby, so I am going to buy pins with safety lock. I've seen them in mothercare retails, but quite expensive to me personally, 5 pins like 5 plus dollars.

chillychino

haha, before my baby was borned, i'm also in a dilemma whether to use cloth diapers, cos alot of good reviews etc, almost wanted to buy the BumWxxx..... My mum also keep commenting must wear cloth diapers etc etc...... But after alot of advises from friends, I decided to use diapers. Cos what we r afraid of using diapers often is the $ we need to spend to buy it, as well as more prone to nappy rash. For cloth diapers, we can save $ on the diapers, but, time spent on washing, hanging the cloths and also the water bill, i feel it is not worth as it is so tiring. Don't think nappy rash will occur if u clean ur baby's skin carefully and apply diaper rash cream everytime u change diapers. Till now my girl never had any diaper rash (she is coming to 6 mths)... hee...touch wood.... I am using Mamy Poko now.... Today Fairprice got offer, cheap, u can check out at the sales and fair forum thread =)))