tonics

joanneang

Dear Mummies,

i am at my 11th week now. going to 2nd tri in about 2 weeks time.

just want to ask what kinds of tonics should i take?

hubby say i weak need to build up my body.[/quo

when i was pregnant, i only eat wad my gynae give me ( folic acid,calcium,etc....). i oso drink millk for pregnant mummy . but my mum in law keep on asking to eat durians,apple evryday,basically just eat more than before. hehe

i dont knw in what way chicken essence help in pregnancy. but i keen to knw too if it help in any way.
I think takin chicken essence helps in absorption of iron and improves blood circulation. Mostly for "ti shen" or make u more awake bah..

I tried chicken essence with cordeyceps and its very heaty, next day constipation so now take every 2 days. :err:

Littlemoomoo

DELvy

Oh… then I guess I put too many codycep … about 10 small pcs in a small bunch…
Did you eat the codyceps? Or just drink the soup? I was told to eat the whole thing….
I was also told to eat the whole thing, but I don't leh. hee, just drink the soup only.

christine77sg

I m in my 7 wks. I hv started taking tonics prescribed by sinseh. got cordeyceps, ginseng and other things grind into powder.

I think it helps to develop baby's brain.

If eat alot of apples can reduce chances of baby having asthma. Don't tak too much durians, cos vry sweet, heaty and will get fat.

blackpiggy

Other than a more balanced diet, I'm taking bird nest and supplements by my gynae only. My mom also says not to take too much tonics, durians as it will make the baby grow bigger and will have a hard time during normal delivery.

Pinkliciouz

Is anyone taking the Shi San Tai Bao (中药的安胎药(十三太保))? When is it advisable to start? My mom keeps wanting to make it for me but all my friends has never heard of it... So am not too sure when can we start taking it.

Mum2bee

Is anyone taking the Shi San Tai Bao (中药的安胎药(十三太保))? When is it advisable to start? My mom keeps wanting to make it for me but all my friends has never heard of it... So am not too sure when can we start taking it.
Hi,i heard of it cos my mil say she will make it for mi.But nt so soon she say.
:D

Mum2bee

I read online that we can only start from 7th month onwards issit?
When will your mother in law start brewing the tonic for you?
i cant rem liao...but i tink not so soon....cos i started drinkin tonic & bird nest since 13 weeks....then mil told mi abt tis "shi san tai bao" ting but she say nt so fast...a few mths later then brew for mi.....anyway my sil also got drink....baby is ok healthy & cute :)

maybe u can go & chk with any chinese medical store....just ask them lo :D

DELvy

I have been taking cordycep when I was in my 2nd month. Until recently I stopped and switch to bird nest. My mum made shi san tai bao for me twice in May and I am coming to 6th month tomorrow. Though I heard that shi san tai bao is to be taken at the later stage, my dad said it's ok to start now since he's a chinese physician, so I take lor. So far, so good.

I have been taking cordycep when I was in my 2nd month. Until recently I stopped and switch to bird nest. My mum made shi san tai bao for me twice in May and I am coming to 6th month tomorrow. Though I heard that shi san tai bao is to be taken at the later stage, my dad said it's ok to start now since he's a chinese physician, so I take . So far, so good.
how u made cordycep? cook with lean meat and drink the soup? or grind into powder eat everyday? which way is better for absorption?

P4nic

Hi all for birdnest.. Can we take those bottles kind instead if those one piece one piece need cook kind? Any difference? And for bottle kind those 80-90 bucks per bottle type.. Per week one bottle of intake enough?

PTB7476

Hi all for birdnest.. Can we take those bottles kind instead if those one piece one piece need cook kind? Any difference? And for bottle kind those 80-90 bucks per bottle type.. Per week one bottle of intake enough?
i read from other forum, mtb take bottle one...but always remember to take note of the sugar content ... some are as high as 60%
but then again on the other hand bird nest aint that difficult to make so maybe you want to try it out ?

for me i take it alternative weeks for now cos it is me that is enjoying it and not the BB:tlaugh:

DELvy

how you made cordycep? cook with lean meat and drink the soup? or grind into powder eat everyday? which way is better for absorption?
Hihi...I double boil with lean meat, red dates and longgan. Once in a while, my mum will put in a slice of Gao Li Sheng. Not sure about better absorption, but I guess it's more for convenience sake to eat it in capsule form.

DELvy

i read from other forum, mtb take bottle one...but always remember to take note of the sugar content ... some are as high as 60%
but then again on the other hand bird nest aint that difficult to make so maybe you want to try it out ?

for me i take it alternative weeks for now cos it is me that is enjoying it and not the baby:tlaugh:
Bottled one is really for convenience sake ba. I am also taking the Lao Hang Jia concentrated bird nest. Once a month, I will boil those pieces one. Bottled one is more economical too. Very siong to eat the pieces one every week :eek:

Mum2bee

Hihi,actuali is very easy to double boiled the bird nest.I tink if u would to spend 80-90 bucks on bottle one....it would be better for u to buy those 1 piece 1 piece type...can add 2-3 pieces pao sheng in oso.can help to bu "qi"
:)

PTB7476

Bottled one is really for convenience sake . I am also taking the Lao Hang Jia concentrated bird nest. Once a month, I will boil those pieces one. Bottled one is more economical too. Very siong to eat the pieces one every week :eek:
no idea...nver compare the price...i just eat what my hubby bought .. :embarrassed: all i know it is very expensive agar agar alike hahahha

P4nic

Hihi,actuali is very easy to double boiled the bird nest.I tink if you would to spend 80-90 bucks on bottle one....it would be better for you to buy those 1 piece 1 piece type...can add 2-3 pieces pao sheng in also.can help to bu "qi"
:)
i dunno how to boil the birdnest wor~ scared if cook wrongly the birdnest gone to waste.. so looking for convenient type hehe.. based on those bottle type.. 1 bottle how long can it last? i dunno the amt that i must take wor.. i intend to take once a week.. so if need a lot.. then perhaps 1 week half a bottle? 1 mth 2 bottle?