tonics

Mum2bee

i dont know how to boil the birdnest ~ scared if cook wrongly the birdnest gone to waste.. so looking for convenient type hehe.. based on those bottle type.. 1 bottle how long can it last? i dont know the amt that i must take .. i intend to take once a week.. so if need a lot.. then perhaps 1 week half a bottle? 1 month 2 bottle?
Hihi,haha can understand ur worry cos intially I oso dun Noe how to double boiled the bird nest...I tink it depends how big bottle ur bird nest is.anyway I bought 1 bottle of bird nest to try to intially but saw it contain stabilizer though is a small amount only but we still decided nt to take :)

if u decided to double boiled bird nest just let us Noe super easy all mommies here will be willing to let u how to do it :)

P4nic

Hihi,haha can understand your worry cos intially I also dont know how to double boiled the bird nest...I tink it depends how big bottle your bird nest is.anyway I bought 1 bottle of bird nest to try to intially but saw it contain stabilizer though is a small amount only but we still decided not to take :)

if you decided to double boiled bird nest just let us know super easy all mommies here will be willing to let you how to do it :)
ok ok .. can one of u teach me or give me the recipe? hehe

Mum2bee

ok ok .. can one of you teach me or give me the recipe? hehe
I bought mine at "fu hock or hua"
I buy "dong yan" not the most expensive one.Maybe u can chk with them just say for pregnant woman.I bought during mothers day got abit of discount.........3 "liang" i tink less then $300..around 15pcs bah..i bought the shape concave type...everyweek i just cook 1 piece for myself

i soak 1hr 30 mins...pluck the hair out(nowadays oni abit only dun worie)
put in the double boiled pot,
pour in water(water dats is alrdy boiled,warm oso can but nt hot)
water amount depends u like thick or nt so thick.
can add 2-3 pao sheng in if u like

put in the double boiled pot to the pot & pour water in to half or slightly more then can boiled liao
i normally choose auto....1.45hrs later add in rock sugar....15 mins later can eat liao hehe...

u cook a few times then u will noe how much water to add...aniway the bird nest wont cook spoilt wan dun scared...

u can also go google how to cook....actuali is oni soak,pluck,boiled and eat...hehe

jas2909

I buy "dong yan" not the most expensive one.Maybe you can chk with them just say for pregnant woman.I bought during mothers day got abit of discount.........3 "liang" i tink less then $300..around 15pcs bah..i bought the shape concave type...everyweek i just cook 1 piece for myself

i soak 1hr 30 mins...pluck the hair out(nowadays oni abit only dont worie)
pour in water(water that is is alrdy boiled,warm also can but not hot)
water amount depends you like thick or not so thick.
can add 2-3 pao sheng in if you like

put in the double boiled pot to the pot & pour water in to half or slightly more then can boiled
i normally choose auto....1.45hrs later add in rock sugar....15 mins later can eat hehe...

you cook a few times then you will know how much water to add...aniway the bird nest wont cook spoilt want dont scared...

you can also go google how to cook....actuali is oni soak,pluck,boiled and eat...hehe

Haha.. few stupid questions.. The soaking water is tap water? and will be poured away hor not into the pot right? It's clean boiled before water and not water from tap that we pour into the double boil pot hor? heehee.. never double boil bird nest before.. so very scare a wrong move will waste the bird nest.. haha!

Last edited:

P4nic

hehe i oso need to learn.. basically i feel those pieces one is better than bottle one but i dunno how to cook it lo.. anyway will try it out!

Mum2bee

Haha.. few stupid questions.. The soaking water is tap water? and will be poured away not into the pot right? It's clean boiled before water and not water from tap that we pour into the double boil pot ? heehee.. never double boil bird nest before.. so very scare a wrong move will waste the bird nest.. haha!
no wories...intially i oso dun noe how to...all tis is taught by the person that sell me the bird nest & my family....so i just follow :)

soaking water= i just use tap water
yes after soaking will be pour away
yes clean boiled water we pour into the bird nest & boiled(not tap water)

bird nest=

the concave shape after soaking need to pluck out the hair & dirt

those flat pieces no dirt cos their like kind of process alrdy

rem dun buy those that kind that look very white in colour (cos scared they bleached it)

PTB7476

no wories...intially i also dont know how to...all tis is taught by the person that sell me the bird nest & my family....so i just follow :)

soaking water= i just use tap water
yes after soaking will be pour away
yes clean boiled water we pour into the bird nest & boiled(not tap water)

bird nest=

the concave shape after soaking need to pluck out the hair & dirt

those flat pieces no dirt cos their like kind of process alrdy

rem dont buy those that kind that look very white in colour (cos scared they bleached it)
if not wrong the flat one still has some tiny feathers if look closely so best is still take a look after soaking

PTB7476

Eh what will happen if we need pluck out all the hair?
i read from somewhere that if the bird nest are not cleaning properly ie remove as much feather as possible...it might affect the baby's airway ...esp those where parent has airway problem like asthm etc

DELvy

I buy "dong yan" not the most expensive one.Maybe you can chk with them just say for pregnant woman.I bought during mothers day got abit of discount.........3 "liang" i tink less then $300..around 15pcs bah..i bought the shape concave type...everyweek i just cook 1 piece for myself

i soak 1hr 30 mins...pluck the hair out(nowadays oni abit only dont worie)
pour in water(water that is is alrdy boiled,warm also can but not hot)
water amount depends you like thick or not so thick.
can add 2-3 pao sheng in if you like

put in the double boiled pot to the pot & pour water in to half or slightly more then can boiled
i normally choose auto....1.45hrs later add in rock sugar....15 mins later can eat hehe...

you cook a few times then you will know how much water to add...aniway the bird nest wont cook spoilt want dont scared...

you can also go google how to cook....actuali is oni soak,pluck,boiled and eat...hehe
My gosh. My mum bought 2 liang which cost $700. I didnt ask her what "yan" is that. Apparently, the price is after discount. :elvis: Frankly hor, I don't think there's any medical proof on the benefits of birdnest to the fetus. Have you mummies heard of any? My dad keeps telling me to eat more fruits and vegetables, milk and eggs. With the cordyceps and shi san tai bao will do the job. So the birdnest is really just to satisfy my own vanity.

P4nic

thats what i heard too... no scientific proof on birdnest is good for pregnancy except that it is good for our skin so naturally our bb skin will be good as well? hehehe

PTB7476

thats what i heard too... no scientific proof on birdnest is good for pregnancy except that it is good for our skin so naturally our baby skin will be good as well? hehehe
since it doesnt create any harm... no harm eating also :D :D

Mum2bee

My gosh. My mum bought 2 liang which cost $700. I didnt ask her what "yan" is that. Apparently, the price is after discount. :elvis: Frankly , I dont't think there's any medical proof on the benefits of birdnest to the fetus. Have you mummies heard of any? My dad keeps telling me to eat more fruits and vegetables, milk and eggs. With the cordyceps and shi san tai bao will do the job. So the birdnest is really just to satisfy my own vanity.
Ur mom is so sweet....hehe....urs is the higher grade one :)

P4nic

Which brand birdnest is good hor? not the quality but the brand lo.. i went see the MA BIAO YAN WOR.. got some 8 pieces one $100+ leh..

hi ladies, i only started to take cordyceps when i am in my 24 weeks. is it true that after 32 weeks, we should avoid taking cordyceps to prevent baby from growing too big size? can anyone advise?

Mum2bee

hi ladies, i only started to take cordyceps when i am in my 24 weeks. is it true that after 32 weeks, we should avoid taking cordyceps to prevent baby from growing too big size? can anyone advise?
hihi,actuali i am not reali sure abt tis but i rem asking my gynae regarding chinese tonics....she did told mi to stop taking tonics at 3X+ weeks...i cant rem the exact week she told me to stop....maybe u can chk with ur gynae on ur nx visit :)

Pinkliciouz

Ohhh... But do you know why they say pregnant woman cannot take? Cosusually the servers in the restaurant, when they see that I am pregnant, out of courtesy, they will advise me not to order a particular kind of food that contains dang gui. And ALL the servers in the restaurants will tell me not to order the food that has dang gui, so I am wondering why we can't take Dang Gui?